Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Guess what I woke up too this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Default Guess what I woke up too this morning...

An atempt to break into my vette.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

That bites dude, sorry to hear it.

Any other damage?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My top cracked just like that from old age. Pretty common on the c4's
Old 03-22-2008, 07:00 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

No other damage besides the year old top. I am just happy they couldn't get in the car and steal the goods ya know.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

1 year old! That sux.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:12 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete K
My top cracked just like that from old age. Pretty common on the c4's
First time that happened to me I thought WTF! I thought one of my or my neighbors kids had stood/sat on it. My guess is it's just the normal crack. Anyway it sucks.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:09 AM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

It was definetly a break in attempt because of the lamination on the glass is all scratched up right around that area. I also found out talking to some of my friends who live down the street that there has been a few break ins this past couple of weeks. I want to thinnk it was stress and old age but niether one of those play into this. They just better hope they aren't stupid enough to try again.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Call the fuzz man and see if there are any prints. Now you know why you shouldn't bypass VATS, fix it instead!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 AM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by jfb
Call the fuzz man and see if there are any prints. Now you know why you shouldn't bypass VATS, fix it instead!
Oh it works I made sure of that and I had washed it the day before and it rained before I woke up so there is really no way you could get a decent finger print. Plus that was the only damage and the insurance company is buying me a new one. So it really is just the aggravation of it all but hopefully the people who did this will be caught. I alerted my friend who works the night shift here so he will be keeping an eye out for the vette.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 AM
ZfidyONE-84
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why the hell would try and break the top? there is always an easier way... but seriously, that really sucks
Old 03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
scooter18155
Racer

Originally Posted by ZfidyONE-84
why the hell would try and break the top? there is always an easier way... but seriously, that really sucks
yup thats what i figure too easier to break a side or rear window to get in. sounds like just some kids messin around sitting on it or vandalizing something then someone trying to break through the roof to actually steal something or the car. breaking the side window is much faster then breaking a top. better chance of getting in getting what ya want and leaving clean in as little amount of time as possable even if theres an alarm. A thief isnt going to waste time trying to break a roof apart unless he is a total dumb ***.

Last edited by scooter18155; 03-23-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by scooter18155
yup thats what i figure too easier to break a side or rear window to get in. sounds like just some kids messin around sitting on it or vandalizing something then someone trying to break through the roof to actually steal something or the car. breaking the side window is much faster then breaking a top. better chance of getting in getting what ya want and leaving clean in as little amount of time as possable even if theres an alarm. A thief isnt going to waste time trying to break a roof apart unless he is a total dumb ***.
Yeah definetly but I am happy he was an idiot. probably trying to get my satillite radio sittin in there. I now take it in the house along with my epass and my garage door opener.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM
scooter18155
Racer

Originally Posted by grn envy
Yeah definitely but I am happy he was an idiot. probably trying to get my satellite radio sitting in there. I now take it in the house along with my epass and my garage door opener.
it sucks that this happens. it is also part of the reason i leave the car unlocked with as little valuables inside as possible. Id rather replace a radio and/or a dash piece then a damn top or window. Ive had a few things stolen in the past but nothing worth much to hassle about. The only time i had something broke into that had doors locked the idiot broke that triangular vent window out of an older Chevy truck to get in for a lousy cheap small rechargeable screwdriver my 6 disk CD changer that didn't even have the sleeve for it (the part that holds the Cd's and inserts into the changer I took that out with me) and some near worthless baseball cards, and a 1/4 inch craftsman ratchet. of course the dumb *** retards left the $100 worth of auto parts on the floor with receipt and all as well as a adjustable receiver hitch. I think that was done by an ex's bf trying to **** me off. I had a string of strange occurrences (vehicle problems) and robberies. ?nd the ex about it and when she denied he'd do that i told her it didn't matter anyways. when she asked why I told her id be waiting some night in my truck with 12 GA. if it wasn't him he'd have nothing to worry about. mysterious stuff quit happening jeez i wonder why sometimes.

Last edited by scooter18155; 03-23-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Bad news
Old 03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

it sucks that this happens. it is also part of the reason i leave the car unlocked with as little valuables inside as possible. Id rather replace a radio and/or a dash piece then a damn top or window. Ive had a few things stolen in the past but nothing worth much to hassle about. The only time i had something broke into that had doors locked the idiot broke that triangular vent window out of an older Chevy truck to get in for a lousy cheap small rechargeable screwdriver my 6 disk CD changer that didn't even have the sleeve for it (the part that holds the Cd's and inserts into the changer I took that out with me) and some near worthless baseball cards, and a 1/4 inch craftsman ratchet. of course the dumb *** retards left the $100 worth of auto parts on the floor with receipt and all as well as a adjustable receiver hitch. I think that was done by an ex's bf trying to **** me off. I had a string of strange occurrences (vehicle problems) and robberies. ?nd the ex about it and when she denied he'd do that i told her it didn't matter anyways. when she asked why I told her id be waiting some night in my truck with 12 GA. if it wasn't him he'd have nothing to worry about. mysterious stuff quit happening jeez i wonder why sometimes.
I make sure there is nothing worth stealing now. Plus I put the cover on it. Even if they got the car open they are not going anywhere because I took the fuse out for the ignition so it won't turn on.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:57 PM
scooter18155
Racer

I make sure there is nothing worth stealing now. Plus I put the cover on it. Even if they got the car open they are not going anywhere because I took the fuse out for the ignition so it won't turn on.
i have a battery disconect on right now. I also got one of those kill switches. I plan on hiding that someplace under the dash. It is actually one of the many upcoming projects i have to do.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 AM
MY93TOY
Pro

SORRY to hear this!
I sure hope you find who did that!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Iroc57
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what I do...
I would rather have them open the door and take something than break a window, open the door, and take something.

To the OP
Sorry to hear of your damage and I hope that your insurance takes good care of you

Get notified of new replies

To Guess what I woke up too this morning...

Quick Reply: Guess what I woke up too this morning...