C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

funny little red light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooter18155
how did you lower the pump a lil bit? did it mess with your gass guage?
I laid the whole assembly on a piece of cardboard and marked the bottom of the mounting plate, the bottom of the pump and bottom of the gauge float. I carefully straightened the steel lines just a little bit so it was longer, then marked the cardboard. It sits about 1/2 maybe 3/4 deeper in the plastic troth. It worked for me
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
scooter18155
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RICEKILA
I laid the whole assembly on a piece of cardboard and marked the bottom of the mounting plate, the bottom of the pump and bottom of the gauge float. I carefully straightened the steel lines just a little bit so it was longer, then marked the cardboard. It sits about 1/2 maybe 3/4 deeper in the plastic troth. It worked for me
that does sound like a good idea. maybe if i got it out sometime ill give it a try.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by obrian
It looks to be the brake light.
I'd think the first thing to check is the fluid level. Perhaps it is low and when cornering it gets pulled away from the fluid level sensor causing the light to come on.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Road Agent
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
The stalling could be because you don't have enough gas in the tank.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
robertt43
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
The stalling could be because you don't have enough gas in the tank.
And the faint "red" glow is your LOW fuel warning,on a 84,every gauge has a RED light that will come on as a warning [these are located at the bottom of the paticular gauge;] temp,alternator,fuel,etc....
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
obrian
Intermediate

Default Hatch ajar

Originally Posted by obrian
I have had my 1984 Vette for a couple of weeks now and read all I can get. Its an automatic with a moderatly built 350 with the stock induction. Runs great and I love it. I have a question about the red light that comes on while I am cornering hard. It also stalls out. There must be a pendulum thingy that controls that function, can it be turned off and whats its deal...thanks. obrian
The funny little light is hatch adjar, which now kind of rattles . I let my daughter drive Lake Castaic to the high desert which is 28 miles of winding canyon road. I have been an auto crosser for years and taught her to drive there and she had no trouble making me nervous. Youth is fearless and when she caught on that it was a slot car then we were off. What a blast. Big grins after. ob

Quick Reply: funny little red light