Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

8ft tie down straps/ Where to get??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 8ft tie down straps/ Where to get??

I need to find the 8ft straps for my car, I only need the strap and hook only, not the ratchet part as I have those from my other straps that I already have. I have looked at Northern Tool, Lowes, Home Depot and even Harbor Freight and no one has them at all. Any ideas as Jegs does not seem to stock just the strap part, either on-line or a chain would be good for me as I will need these in the next 3 weeks. The straps I have are 20 and 30 ft long which is way to much excess to mess with on the vette. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 04:46 PM
colonboy14
Advanced

Location: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't you just get a 20 ft one and cut off the excess?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Because I use them to strap other things down on my trailer and my dad uses them alot, so it is easier if I just but the 8ft straps only.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:32 PM
genefree3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Moroso's web site, they sell the 8 ft. straps and I got replacements from them a couple of years ago
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Brett Richmond
Because I use them to strap other things down on my trailer and my dad uses them alot, so it is easier if I just but the 8ft straps only.
Summit Racing has a good 8' ratchet strap with a 10,000 lb rating (3300 lb working load limit).

Although they are sold as a unit, the price for a pair is $25.95 for the "twisted-hook" set SUM-G7955 and $23.95 for a pair with the "flat-hook" ends .SUM-G7950

You could pay as much for individual long end straps. I searched a number of websites I looked at when I was buying ratchet straps for my trailer and could not find long end straps by themselves that were 8' long.

When I bought my straps, I wound up buying a pair of the Summit Racing straps and another pair from a commercial truck equipment site and the straps were the same!!

So for $25, you can get the long ends you need and have a pair of ratchets and hooks as a spare.

Get notified of new replies

To 8ft tie down straps/ Where to get??

Quick Reply: 8ft tie down straps/ Where to get??