C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Did I make a poor choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 10:59 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Did I make a poor choice?

I sent 6 wheels to be widened and repaired to the Wheels America, LA store. They received my wheels on November 9th. I spoke to the store manager Shane on Monday the 12th, he explained that he was busy but would look at my wheels and call me back later that day. I called later that day and was unable to reach him.
On Tuesday the 13, I tried to call him again (since he did not return my call like he said he would), He told me he thought my wheels would be fine and that all of my instructions were clear and easy to follow. He also mentioned that two of the wheels that only needed a repair, might be finished by the 16th.
I once again called on the 16th to make arrangements for payment and to check and see if the were completed. Shane told me that he was waiting on the paint for my wheels from his distributor, so they were not finished yet. That was fine by me, I understand that this could take some time, so no problem. I explained to him that we had trouble making contact. He told me that he is busy trying to run the store, and it would be easier to reach him by Email.
I sent him an Email on Monday the 19th requesting info on the total cost of all of the repairs and widening since I was only given a rough estimate when I spoke with him before I actually sent the wheels. I have the ability to see if he read the Email, and he has not looked at it yet.
Tonight, the 22nd, I saw that the screen name for their store was online, so I sent an instant message to that person to see if they were Shane. The person said that they were not Shane, but someone named Jes.
I told them that I had sent Shane an Email on Monday, and he had not read it yet. I was told that Shane would be back on Monday, and to call him then. I told them I was feeling a little unsure of my choice of companies to repair my wheels since Shane and I had not worked out details like the total cost of the repair work to be performed. I asked this person if they could relay a message to Shane for me. I got a very blunt "CALL THE STORE ON MONDAY." I then told Jes, "thank you for your courteous reply." To which this person responded "You are welcome." I let them know my last response was intended to be sarcastic, and they said that their reply was too. I then told them that they had just made it an easy decision for me to have Wheels America NOT work on my wheels, and have them returned to me at once.

I AM SOOO OFFENDED!!!!! Am I wrong to feel this way? What kind of people act this way to a customer? I had planned on spending at least $1100.00 with them. Honestly I think all customers should be treated with respect since they chose to do business with that company to begin with.
What do you think?
Tony

[Modified by KLLRVET, 12:11 AM 11/23/2001]
Old 11-22-2001, 11:05 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: Did I make a poor choice? (KLLRVET)

:confused:
Old 11-22-2001, 11:08 PM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Did I make a poor choice? (Mr Mojo)

:confused:
Old 11-22-2001, 11:13 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Sorry,
I did something wrong, but it is fixed now.
Tony
Old 11-22-2001, 11:24 PM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Before having your wheels returned to you and no longer dealing with the company, find out who Jes is. If he is a supervisor or somewhat high up in the company, then he is obviously a bad representation of the company.

He may just be some $5.25/hour mail boy who doesn't give a s*** and could care less if you take your business elsewhere. No since in a decent company loosing your business over that. Those people are in every large business.

Now, I must add that I know absolutely nothing about the company you are dealing with.

:chevy
Old 11-23-2001, 01:24 AM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Default Re: Did I make a poor choice? (ZBRA)

I am hoping the reply I got was from some unimportant slacker from this store. I bet it won't be the case, since they were acessing the company's internet service. I imagine I am gonna run into a brick wall. What really sucks, was that they did come reccomended, as a matter of fact, from someone on the forum.
I have been looking for someone to widen a set of magnesium wheels that I bought. From what I have been able to find, they are the only game in town. I guess that allows them to have such an attitude, and to get to you when they get to you.
Tony
Old 11-23-2001, 07:47 AM
MY 95
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Tony, youre gettin a bum deal. Can anyone else do it for you??
Old 11-23-2001, 11:10 PM
IPRESS
Advanced

Default Re: Did I make a poor choice? (My 95)

Call the Dallas Wheels America store, ask for Mr. Stretch, before you fool with the other store. If anyone can fix your problem he is the one. Tell him you got his name from a fellow road racer.
Old 11-25-2001, 12:48 AM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

I have the ability to see if he read the Email, and he has not looked at it yet.
Just had to be the geek here and let you know that there is no inherent ability to check to see if mail is read for internet e-mail. In closed systems (like AOL - i.e. sender AND receiver are both AOL) it can be done more reliably, but if you're sending something elsewhere notify-on-read isn't very reliable. Basically your mail program can request a read-receipt, but it's up to the recipient's mail program to honor this and send it - and not all of them do.
Old 11-25-2001, 02:07 AM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Default Re: Did I make a poor choice? (TravisD)

Well, I had not planned on going into detail about that since it was not exactly the point of my post, but I will. We are both on AOL, and AOL offers the ability to see when an Email sent to an AOL member has been read, or not.
Tony
Old 11-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Ed Ut
Burning Brakes

You were correct in pulling your wheels back and going elsewhere. I would have done the same thing. With their casual attitude and unprofessional manner they evidently don't give a sh-t.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:59 AM
thrills
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moderatrix
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with Wheels America. I would suggest calling coporate and see if THAT does not light a fire under their butt!

BTW, I had my rims for the '85 refinished at a Wheels America here in Dallas. I had excellent service by them, they redid them three times until I was satisfied and didn't give me one problem about it. The reason they had to redo them was the old rims when resurfaced sometimes have problems with little airbubbles on them. They told me these were a result of the original casting process, where the aluminum was basically heated up and poured into a mold with no other special treatment. Since they neglected to tell me that this could happen they cut me a deal for the price, I think I was out the door for $350.

Hope you get it all worked ut!
Old 11-25-2001, 12:44 PM
Black85L98
Drifting

Go to the top and have a record of who you talked to and when. The guy who owns the company will care about his reputation and will make sure the folks that work for him do too.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:23 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Well, so far so good. I talked to the strore manager this AM, and he said he has no idea who this person was, although he has reason to suspect who it might be. He was very apologetic about my experience with this person, and assured me that he does not share the same views or opinions as the person I was talking to.
Hopefully all will be well in the end.
Tony
Old 11-26-2001, 01:40 PM
RadPolo96
Drifting

Glad to see it turned out ok :p:

Get notified of new replies

To Did I make a poor choice?

Quick Reply: Did I make a poor choice?