Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need Hi-Flow Cats...suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Hi-Flow Cats...suggestions.

Currently I have a Magnaflow system on my LT4 w/ no cats. Looking to buy a Corsa system real soon (as in now) and plan to add hi-flow cats at the same time. I know there are many options available to me but really looking for the best, yet least expensive, route to go. If I could get by spending $200 or so (on the cats) total I'd be lovin' it, but I don't want to sacrifice quality or performance just for a great price. I have EM longtubes on the car and plan to replace everything from there back. Will I need anything else or will I just need the cats & the Corsa system? In other words, will I need to do have some fab work done or will the cats clamp right up to the headers and will the Corsa sytem alone be all I need to finish out the exhaust?

TIA
Jeff
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I am pretty sure you will need to do fab work...

however, check Carsound (part of Magnaflow) or Random Technology. They make great cats at a great price.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFNLSA
Currently I have a Magnaflow system on my LT4 w/ no cats. Looking to buy a Corsa system real soon (as in now) and plan to add hi-flow cats at the same time. I know there are many options available to me but really looking for the best, yet least expensive, route to go. If I could get by spending $200 or so (on the cats) total I'd be lovin' it, but I don't want to sacrifice quality or performance just for a great price. I have EM longtubes on the car and plan to replace everything from there back. Will I need anything else or will I just need the cats & the Corsa system? In other words, will I need to do have some fab work done or will the cats clamp right up to the headers and will the Corsa sytem alone be all I need to finish out the exhaust?

TIA
Jeff
Yep, you'll need to have extensions pipes made up that have the cats bolted or welded in. Have you though about getting the extension pipes from EM that already have the cats in them? They are a little pricey but they use great cats and it would save you $1-200 in fabrication work.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zix
Yep, you'll need to have extensions pipes made up that have the cats bolted or welded in. Have you though about getting the extension pipes from EM that already have the cats in them? They are a little pricey but they use great cats and it would save you $1-200 in fabrication work.
Hey man, what's up?

Yeah, I'm really ready to go Corsa, and don't want to do it twice, so I'm thinking go w/ cats this time around. Actually EM has the Corsa system listed @ $945.95 which is far cheaper than any place else I can find. Hope it's not a mis-print ...plus, I'm local so no shipping. Gotta tackle this "cat thing" though so maybe I will be better off goin' w/ EM extensions w/ cats. Hopefully we can work out a price that I can live with. If I could get everything I need for $1500 or less then I'd be...

Guess I better give Merle a call.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased one Catco catalyitc converter off ebay for about $60 shipped from a company. They are small enough, they should fit.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Hey man, what's up?

Yeah, I'm really ready to go Corsa, and don't want to do it twice, so I'm thinking go w/ cats this time around. Actually EM has the Corsa system listed @ $945.95 which is far cheaper than any place else I can find. Hope it's not a mis-print ...plus, I'm local so no shipping. Gotta tackle this "cat thing" though so maybe I will be better off goin' w/ EM extensions w/ cats. Hopefully we can work out a price that I can live with. If I could get everything I need for $1500 or less then I'd be...

Guess I better give Merle a call.
Not much over here...just workin my *** off for more mod money, it never ends!!

That's a really good price for the system, and considering how much work you've had done there I'd ask for a "frequest customer" discount! It would be a perfect fit though, their extensions where made to go from their header to the Corsa.

I saw your car at Bills a while ago getting some new rotors put on, how do you like them, they looked mean!!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zix

That's a really good price for the system, and considering how much work you've had done there I'd ask for a "frequest customer" discount! It would be a perfect fit though, their extensions where made to go from their header to the Corsa.

I saw your car at Bills a while ago getting some new rotors put on, how do you like them, they looked mean!!
"Frequent customer discount"! What you been smokin' Jay? Got the suspension done and ready for coil-overs. How about you?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

www.performancepeddler.com

carsound/magnaflow cats...Cheap and flow well.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zix

"frequent customer discount". Yep, I'll grind him as best I can, but that is really the exact setup I need. New front rotors? Very nice! Thinking of replacing the rears w/ the same brand. Much nicer than the ebay bargain brand I have on the rears now. Plus, these are black zinc plated and they look really good w/ the new GS wheels & calipers. Need a set on the rear to even out the "look".

Anyway, I'll let ya' get back to your "mod-money" tasks at hand.

Cya
Old 10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

EM has the S-pipes and cats to fit their LT headers directly to the Corsa system. PM forum member "Perfusion" - he has this setup
Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TM-96CE
EM has the S-pipes and cats to fit their LT headers directly to the Corsa system. PM forum member "Perfusion" - he has this setup
Thx.
Actually I have a call in to Trevor @ EM right now...he'll be calling me back shortly w/ a quote. Obviously this is the best way to go but I have a a feeling these won't come cheap.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Lichen
"Frequent customer discount"! What you been smokin' Jay? Got the suspension done and ready for coil-overs. How about you?
I'm just waiting on parts/pricing etc, but my front spring is starting to come apart so I want to get it done pretty quickly!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

"frequent customer discount". Yep, I'll grind him as best I can, but that is really the exact setup I need. New front rotors? Very nice! Thinking of replacing the rears w/ the same brand. Much nicer than the ebay bargain brand I have on the rears now. Plus, these are black zinc plated and they look really good w/ the new GS wheels & calipers. Need a set on the rear to even out the "look".

Anyway, I'll let ya' get back to your "mod-money" tasks at hand.

Cya
When I saw those black rotors it made me want to go get a set as well! Right now I'm getting my home TV setup so I can watch the upcoming UFC event on my laptop when I'm up in Boston...gotta have my priorities! Hopefully EM gives you a good price...if not let me know and I'll give Trevor a ration of ****...just for fun of course.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zix
Right now I'm getting my home TV setup so I can watch the upcoming UFC event on my laptop when I'm up in Boston...gotta have my priorities!
I'm picking Silva & Sylvia.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

I'm picking Silva & Sylvia.
Silva and Vera here (however Vera is more a hope-bet than money-bet)
Old 10-10-2007, 06:15 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zix
Silva and Vera here (however Vera is more a hope-bet than money-bet)
Yeah, I'm not a Sylvia fan either BUT I just don't see him losing this fight. Who knows though, Vera's a scrapper and Big Tim won't be able to jab his way through this one.

Sorry for the hijack although it is my thread.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
gator79
Safety Car

I just ordered a 3 inch system from Melrose. I already have their headers. $615.00 for all the pipes and set of 3 inch random technoligies cats. this is all stainless steel
link
http://www.melroseheaders.com/produc...ystems/c-4.php
Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gator79
I just ordered a 3 inch system from Melrose. I already have their headers. $615.00 for all the pipes and set of 3 inch random technoligies cats. this is all stainless steel
link
http://www.melroseheaders.com/produc...ystems/c-4.php
Nice!

Well, if you got all that for $615 then I should be able to get pipes/ w cats from the headers to the Corsa for that or less...at least I hope so.
If not maybe I'll look elsewhere like Melrose.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Hi-Flow Cats...suggestions.

Quick Reply: Need Hi-Flow Cats...suggestions.