C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Wow, I Really Miss My C4!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
C5Jimmy
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya loud and clear!

Sold my '92 almost 2 years ago to get a C5, sold the C5 to get...(flame suit on)...an '06 Mustang GT.... what I really miss is the C4...it was paid for, and it just had that raw, in your face feeling I didn't get with the C5, the cockpit feel, and the noisy ZF trans... needless to say I will be offering the GT for sale real soon, and next spring I'll be C4 hunting!

I learned the hard way that to have a "toy", it is better to be within your means, pay cash for it,and its yours, than to have 5 years of payments on something that is not used alot, or relied upon for transportation.

...I'll be back!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Shello
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a white 92 and it was flooded in a storm 5/2007- Insurance paid well, I got a 1996 CE with the LT4 6 speed- I wouldn't have got anything else...- I considered it...BUT, Couldn't do it...looked and almost bought a GTI or an A3 but in the end after looking all over Texas found the 96 CE with the LT4 and am so glad that I did! I would have missed the whole vette experience...even though my boy friend has a 03 Z06 that is awesome , the C4 body style is my all time favorite...I do have to admit that is I ever found a speedway white C5 Z06 I might be tempted to indulge! I miss the 92 but I love the 96!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

Looking at that pic of your vert, I would miss it too! Nothing wrong with a camaro SS either, its a Chevy, has a great pedigree, and has nice lines.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 AM
vettefan123
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
Looking at that pic of your vert, I would miss it too! Nothing wrong with a camaro SS either, its a Chevy, has a great pedigree, and has nice lines.
Yeah, it was a really clean car and the guy I sold it too did as well! The Camaro does have some nice lines. Here's a pic of my SS!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
opz28
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good looking SS I had a 99 Z28 with an SS hood, but I sold that and my 87 Turbo Buick to buy a Corvette. I don't really regret it although both my other cars were much faster. My Camaro went 11.7's at 120 and my Buick went 12.00 at 117. This Corvette probably will barely do high 13's or low 14's

It wasn't about the speed for me as much as it was about having a Corvette. I always wanted one and now I have one, and I'm happy.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by C5Jimmy
I hear ya loud and clear!

Sold my '92 almost 2 years ago to get a C5, sold the C5 to get...(flame suit on)...an '06 Mustang GT.... what I really miss is the C4...it was paid for, and it just had that raw, in your face feeling I didn't get with the C5, the cockpit feel, and the noisy ZF trans... needless to say I will be offering the GT for sale real soon, and next spring I'll be C4 hunting!

I learned the hard way that to have a "toy", it is better to be within your means, pay cash for it,and its yours, than to have 5 years of payments on something that is not used alot, or relied upon for transportation.

...I'll be back!!!
This makes so much sense! I have toyed with moving up to a C5 or a C5 ZO6. But my little C4 is paid for Of course my car is usually broken down since it is a project car, but hey, I have no chance of getting a speeding ticket when it is not running! Long live the C4!!

Quick Reply: Wow, I Really Miss My C4!