C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Covette Parking

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Ga_blueeyes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covette Parking

This past weekend I drove my Vette to Home Depot and parked over just past the garden section where nobody else really parks ( long walk ). So I back in my 90 C4 and as I walked toward the Home Depot I could not help but admire it sitting all by itself. Well as I came out and headed to my Red 90 Vette there was a 2007 Red Vette with the top down parked next to mine and also backed in. I thought it must be unspoken Vette parking. That 2007 was so beautiful and $50K looking.

Then the wife asked me to run up to the new Publix just up the road from me and again I found a parking spot where there were just 3 spaces and parked in space one. When I came out there was a yellow 2007 Vette parked up with mine. Again Covette parking it appears.

It added to an already great weekend. I started to hang around both places to meet the owner but needed to get going. Then my imagination took over and I thought what if the owner was a beautiful lady with killer legs and a great smile. I knew at that point I better get going home to my own beautiful lady.........

Its fun to own a Corvette.........
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 PM
mikeb
Team Owner

Received 177 Likes on 81 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Ga_blueeyes
. Then my imagination took over and I thought what if the owner was a beautiful lady with killer legs and a great smile. I knew at that point I better get going home to my own beautiful lady.........

You mean you don't know if your wife bought a new Corvette.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 PM
The Beep
Burning Brakes

I backed my white 85 on the far side of an Applebees parking lot. Came out later and there was a white C3 backed in next to it.

It was kinda cool.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 AM
coltcarbine
Burning Brakes

I'm glad to see this turned out for the postive.
Lately there have been posts / threads of "I parked my Vette all the way out at the end of the parking lot only to find a beater truck right next to it".

I too, take the extra effort to park way out in any parking lot.

I'm glad to see that you did that AND other Vette owners parked next to ya.

Yes, multiple Corvettes parked together is SUPER

cc
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 AM
I’m Z one
Melting Slicks

Received 242 Likes on 150 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified

It added to an already great weekend. I started to hang around both places to meet the owner but needed to get going. Then my imagination took over and I thought what if the owner was a beautiful lady with killer legs and a great smile. I knew at that point I better get going home to my own beautiful lady.........

Don't let your imagination run too wild. Next time check the rear bumber of the Vette next to you. It could've had a "rainbow" sticker on the back of it. And while you were "hanging around" in anticipation for the driver/owner to come out, unbeknowgnst to you it could be some dude walking out in flip-flop sandals, spandex short shorts, a pink Tank top carrying a flat of tulips to his Vette.

Admire from a far... ya never know who is driving the Vette.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
ogres84
Instructor

On the way home from Carlisle Sunday morning we stopped for coffee. No cars in the parking lot when we went in and only one or two at the pumps getting gas. I was the thorn between the roses when I came out with my coffee

Last edited by ogres84; 08-28-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

This past weekend I drove my Vette to Home Depot and parked over just past the garden section where nobody else really parks ( long walk ). So I back in my 90 C4 and as I walked toward the Home Depot I could not help but admire it sitting all by itself. Well as I came out and headed to my Red 90 Vette there was a 2007 Red Vette with the top down parked next to mine and also backed in. I thought it must be unspoken Vette parking. That 2007 was so beautiful and $50K looking.

Then the wife asked me to run up to the new Publix just up the road from me and again I found a parking spot where there were just 3 spaces and parked in space one. When I came out there was a yellow 2007 Vette parked up with mine. Again Covette parking it appears.

people whom usually value their cars will park next to a vette knowing that you wouldn't violently swing open the door for those all familiar "door dings"...however, some will park next to a vette thinking that their car is in the same class as yours (usually isn't) and then lastly, some will park next to your car in jealousy because you have one and they don't or to look forward to either making yours look bad or for them to swing their door open and ding your car!....moral of the story; park far away, at an angle, and take up two spaces....
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 AM
mikeb
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Da Mail Man
!....moral of the story; park far away, at an angle, and take up two spaces....
Might as well put a sign on the windshield asking for someone to "nail" the paint.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Originally Posted by touringmike
Might as well put a sign on the windshield asking for someone to "nail" the paint.
...better then parking in some parking spots and have the car take a beating...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
mikeb
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Da Mail Man
...better then parking in some parking spots and have the car take a beating...

I'll clarify my post above.

Nothing wrong with parking far away from others. I do it myself, not only with the car, but also with the wife's van, as I don't care for the hefalump dumbies that slam doors into cars as they roll out. And it's not only hefalumps that do it. Anysize and anyone does it.

My point is, what's the need to attract the attenion of some idiot boy (or car load of idiots) that are out joy riding and spot some attention getter parked in the back 40 taking up 2/3 parking spaces, regardless of the amount of vehicles around? To some people, it's just an invitation to screw up someone's posession.
It seems weekly, there's a thread here about somebody's car that got keyed, bumped/smashed into, painted, TPed, whatever.

The lines in a parking lot are there for a reason.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Originally Posted by touringmike
I'll clarify my post above.

Nothing wrong with parking far away from others. I do it myself, not only with the car, but also with the wife's van, as I don't care for the hefalump dumbies that slam doors into cars as they roll out. And it's not only hefalumps that do it. Anysize and anyone does it.

My point is, what's the need to attract the attenion of some idiot boy (or car load of idiots) that are out joy riding and spot some attention getter parked in the back 40 taking up 2/3 parking spaces, regardless of the amount of vehicles around? To some people, it's just an invitation to screw up someone's posession.
It seems weekly, there's a thread here about somebody's car that got keyed, bumped/smashed into, painted, TPed, whatever.

The lines in a parking lot are there for a reason.
.......they may be there for a reason but, tell that to a door!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
The Beep
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=coltcarbine;1561685540]I'm glad to see this turned out for the postive.
Lately there have been posts / threads of "I parked my Vette all the way out at the end of the parking lot only to find a beater truck right next to it".

I think a lot of those posts were C4's sitting in places like Walmart and they stand out like a diamond in a dirt pile.

I'm not opposed to Walmart but I'd sooner park in the business next door and walk in or just bring the truck there.

Get notified of new replies

To Covette Parking

Quick Reply: Covette Parking