Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 11:31 PM
Corvettj
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet

I have the build sheet for my ruby# 16098, is the build date in the upper right corner or is that the order date? CarFax shows it never sold until very later 93? but date on build sheet show 4/20/93 any idea
Thanks
Old 10-30-2001, 11:54 PM
myruby2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet (Corvettj)

Build date.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:13 PM
Corvettj
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Come Guys & Gal, somebody must know the answer to this question, OR is it so stupid that no one will answer? :confused:
Old 11-01-2001, 06:59 PM
thrills
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moderatrix
Cruise-In IV Veteran

My Ruby was never titled until late 1993 but it was built in Aug 1992. It was intially titled with about 5000 miles on it, so I figure it was a demo or dealer owned vehicle. I'd guess in your case the date in the corner is the build date but it too was not bought or not titled for several months after it was built.

BTW, on the driver's side doorjamob is a sticker with tire info and also gives a general build date (mine says "8/92") use that to confirm the build date.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:19 AM
myruby2
Instructor

Come Guys & Gal, somebody must know the answer to this question, OR is it so stupid that no one will answer? :confused:
It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!!

Isn't that what i said in my first response? It's the build date down to the minute. What else do you need here????

It takes a car a day or two to complete. Vettes sit on lots like every other car. And Rubys had a pretty heffty sticker over a "regular" 93. {$1,455.00}

It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!! It's the build date!!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 01:42 PM
Corvettj
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet (myruby2)

Sorry I Took you reply of "build date" as more of a question than a answer.

I guess if you had said "Yes that is the build date" I might have understood better.

Thank you for your update, Your answer if very much Appreciated, Yes I agree that the 93 Rubies had a very healthy sticker, My window sticker show a little over $47,000 msrp
Old 11-02-2001, 01:48 PM
2HIP4U
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What does "build date" mean? Again?

:confused:
Old 11-02-2001, 01:51 PM
SLICKMAN
Melting Slicks

Were can one find the build sheet, as long as no one took it.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:21 PM
Corvettj
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet (1991C4)

Build sheets are on gas tanks and or stuck in the front passenger frame rail, at least that is what I have been told. I just went to the NCM web site and ordered mine, much easier that way, and I also ordered the window sticker.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:22 PM
myruby2
Instructor

Now I don't want to be misunderstood here. The build sheet from NCM will NOT have the printed date and time on the build sheet. That is because when the original build sheet was printed the date was a computer input not part of the build sheet data.

You gotta dig to get it. Period.

The front frame rail sheet on a 93 is not hard to get.

To get your build sheet, you will need good lighting, needle nose pliers or some other thin extracting tool, less then thirty minutes and a bit of patience. This is easier then it looks and sounds. Now that I know how to get it I could do it in about 10 to 15 minutes. GM changed the size of the sheet midway during 1993 production. The early cars are 11x8½" and the later cars are 14x11". Mine was built in January and had the large sheet. Make sure you keep the area, tools and hands clean. Even though the frame and area looked clean I managed to get the build-sheet a little dirty from my fingers. So keep everything clean. Brake dust gets around there.

On the passenger side of the engine, find the power steering fluid reservoir. Follow the hose under the reservoir down to where it bends close to or rests on a metal frame member. Notice that here is a small hole in the frame. These pictures are the same shot but with different lighting so you can see where the hole is.

This is straight down below the power steering fluid reservoir but toward the wheel well. The hole on mine is oblong about an inch long and ¼ inch wide.

Your build sheet is in there! Using the needle nose pliers, carefully pinch a section of the build sheet together and pull upwards until you meet resistance. Careful! It will easily tear if you pull too hard. You will need to repeat the bunch, pull and stop technique until you have retrieved your humongous build sheet out of that itty-bitty hole. At the top above the form part it even has the date and time to the minute your car started being built.

If you order one from NCM it will NOT have the date and time at the top.

[Modified by myruby2, 9:28 PM 11/3/2001]
Old 11-03-2001, 10:36 PM
SLICKMAN
Melting Slicks

Thanks!! I don't know if my 91 will be the same way but, this gives me some starting points. I will look on top of the gas tanks too if I can without going nuts after I check your location out.

Now I don't want to be misunderstood here. The build sheet from NCM will NOT have the printed date and time on the build sheet. That is because when the original build sheet was printed the date was a computer input not part of the build sheet data.

You gotta dig to get it. Period.

The front frame rail sheet on a 93 is not hard to get.

To get your build sheet, you will need good lighting, needle nose pliers or some other thin extracting tool, less then thirty minutes and a bit of patience. This is easier then it looks and sounds. Now that I know how to get it I could do it in about 10 to 15 minutes. GM changed the size of the sheet midway during 1993 production. The early cars are 11x8½" and the later cars are 14x11". Mine was built in January and had the large sheet. Make sure you keep the area, tools and hands clean. Even though the frame and area looked clean I managed to get the build-sheet a little dirty from my fingers. So keep everything clean. Brake dust gets around there.

On the passenger side of the engine, find the power steering fluid reservoir. Follow the hose under the reservoir down to where it bends close to or rests on a metal frame member. Notice that here is a small hole in the frame. These pictures are the same shot but with different lighting so you can see where the hole is.

This is straight down below the power steering fluid reservoir but toward the wheel well. The hole on mine is oblong about an inch long and ¼ inch wide.

Your build sheet is in there! Using the needle nose pliers, carefully pinch a section of the build sheet together and pull upwards until you meet resistance. Careful! It will easily tear if you pull too hard. You will need to repeat the bunch, pull and stop technique until you have retrieved your humongous build sheet out of that itty-bitty hole. At the top above the form part it even has the date and time to the minute your car started being built.

If you order one from NCM it will NOT have the date and time at the top.

[Modified by myruby2, 9:28 PM 11/3/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet

Quick Reply: Build Date of my Ruby? have build sheet