Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

seat troubles help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 AM
jonszr1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat troubles help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i decided to pull the seats and give her a good clean. so i switched seats to spread the wear. well i moved tghe seat all the way back and now its stuck. wtf wont go forward at all. switched them back and the other one did the same thing . now both are stuck all the way back. neither one works in either place. anyone have a problem like that . i gotta put wood blocks on the peddles now ugh
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Ugh, that bites!

Okay I just did the air pump thing on my 90's sport seats so forgive this stupid statement. You are sure that the fore-aft motor control wires are not pinched, that they are all plugged in and locked, that the fuse isn't blown, that none of the fore-aft control wires are / were crushed and frayed on the way back together.

Only reason I'm asking is that in my 90 all that stuff under there made for some interesting packaging problems. I had to really pay attention when putting it all back in place because I disconned stuff that wasn't necessary on the first one....when I got to the pass side I learned what not to touch....but on the driver's side I had stuff all over the place and there are the black connectors that I reconnected (almost) incorrectly....I'm bad with electrical stuff!

That's all I can think of Jon, sorry it isn't much.:o
Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 AM
bob howard
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jammed seat

I have the same problem wih my 96 passenger side seat. When I bought the car, someone had jammed that seat full back. You can adjust the tilt, but thats all. I checked the switch and it is ok. Ran out ot time when I had the seat out for cleaning. I could not see anything jammed in the gears. Guess that I will take the base out and open it up someday. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:47 PM
sraft
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob howard
I have the same problem wih my 96 passenger side seat. When I bought the car, someone had jammed that seat full back. You can adjust the tilt, but thats all. I checked the switch and it is ok. Ran out ot time when I had the seat out for cleaning. I could not see anything jammed in the gears. Guess that I will take the base out and open it up someday. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.

There are a pair of electrical connectors under the drivers seat that are identical. If they are not matched properly, then the passenger seat fore/aft controls will not work.

this one drove me nuts for quite a while!!

Steve
Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
terryszr1
Racer

if they are switched will it cause them to only work one way
Old 11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
schrade
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tomtom72
....I'm bad with electrical stuff!
Yeah I'm allergic to high voltage too. Gives me severe allergic reaction. And the shakes, too.....
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 PM
djpatrick35
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Man, I'm glad I'm too damn tall (6'6) so I can only have the seat in one spot anyway! But I hope your seat proves to be an easy fix. I'm about to embark on a seat replacement project and reading about this does not make me feel too confident!

Get notified of new replies

To seat troubles help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: seat troubles help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!