Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C4 General Discussion
General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Marc Heitz Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 06-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #81
AORoads
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteowner18 View Post
Since I have bought over 12 Vettes from American Sportscar over the years, I called Greg and asked him if he knew of a guy that is bashing the dealership over a transmission. He knew all about it. It appears that you bought the Vette almost a year ago, had problems with the transmission after their standard 30 day warranty that they give an all the Vettes they sell. At the dealership they took the transmission out and sent it to a transmission shop and only charged you half of what the transmission shop charged them. They did not even charge you for the removal or installation. Greg said you left happy. The next call Greg gets is 8 months later when you asked him for $400 back because you have the transmission at Aamco and they are charging you $1,700- Why did you not call them? Greg also said that you modified the Vette with performance parts and computer program just after buying the Vette. He remembered personally driving 3 hours in rush hour traffic to pick up your Vette and fix something that you had done wrong to the electrical system.

Greg said, "how can I help someone if they do not let anyone at the dealership know?"

Now I do not know who you are and personally I do not care, but I can tell you that it ticks me off when someone speaks out of their butt about a company that is one of the best Vette stores in the country. You see, I know a lot more than you. I have bought Vettes from Corvette Mike of New England, Corvette Mike of Calif., Pro Team and many from buyavette.net - American Sportscar Ctr. All these companies deserve to be complemented instead of bashing. If it not for the good Vette dealers, the Vettes that we enjoy so much would be marketed like an old Pontiac. Just take a hard look at yourself and ask the question: Who else in the automobile industry whould give you the time of day. Tell me one owner of a large dealership that will take your calls, much less hold your hand months and years after you bought a car. Young man, you are way out of line. Now I hope that you can see the light, if not, I recommend that you sell your Vette and buy a Mustang.

32 vettes in my collection with no complaints on the ones that I have bought from Corvette Mike, ProTeam, American Sportscar.
I'd say some people have had issues with a mentioned Corvette source or two in your post. But that's just them. You are entitled to your opinion and story as well.
AORoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #82
corvetteowner18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4CompYell View Post
I'd say some people have had issues with a mentioned Corvette source or two in your post. But that's just them. You are entitled to your opinion and story as well.

Yes, I am sure that you are 100% correct. It would be impossible for these dealers to have 100% satified customers. Some customers are never satisfied with purchases or services.
corvetteowner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #83
madman91
CF Senior Member

corvetteowner18, i do not have any problem with greg he is a very nice guy. also you were given incorrect facts. FIRST of all the 3 hour drive to go 20-30mi. not a true statement. they were actually there in about 45min. a definate plus for them and i am thankful for that. SECOND the so called electrical problem (ignition module) caused by me was not caused by me as it happened 3 days after i got the car, and nothing was touched on the car (because i have the reciept from the tune up) before it left me stranded the first time FACT. NEXT, it was not 8 months after the rebuild because the rebuild was only 6 months ago on the 18th and i have the reciept to prove this FACT. another false statement is that i never tried to call them, there is 6 calls to americas sports car center on my phone records and everytime i left a number and a backup number for them to get ahold of me due to the fact that everytime i called they were unavailable nor at work, yet another FACT. before you go running your mouth about someones integrity get all of the facts or its just another biased opinion with all due respect. old man!
madman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #84
Mark_Milner
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteowner18 View Post
Since I have bought over 12 Vettes from American Sportscar over the years, I called Greg and asked
You see, I know a lot more than you. I have bought Vettes from Corvette Mike of New England, Corvette Mike of Calif., Pro Team and many from buyavette.net - American Sportscar Ctr. All these companies deserve to be complemented instead of bashing. If it not for the good Vette dealers, the Vettes that we enjoy so much would be marketed like an old Pontiac.
32 vettes in my collection with no complaints on the ones that I have bought from Corvette Mike, ProTeam, American Sportscar.
I find it interesting that you have this huge collection of Corvettes, you have dealt with dealers around the country, you have a great knowledge of Corvettes, yet in the nearly two years you have been registered here on Corvette Forum, you have only posted 9 posts that are all within the last few days only about Buyavette / American Sportscar Center.

First, if you are such a great Corvette collector, why do you not give back to the hobby by sharing your advice and knowledge? Second, why silent since August 2005 to only talk now?
Mark_Milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #85
5POINT7
CF Senior Member

COUZY 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Milner View Post
I find it interesting that you have this huge collection of Corvettes, you have dealt with dealers around the country, you have a great knowledge of Corvettes, yet in the nearly two years you have been registered here on Corvette Forum, you have only posted 9 posts that are all within the last few days only about Buyavette / American Sportscar Center.

First, if you are such a great Corvette collector, why do you not give back to the hobby by sharing your advice and knowledge? Second, why silent since August 2005 to only talk now?
Very interesting, good catch.

I am not interested in bashing anyone i just wanted to mention that i purchased my 95 c4 from Jody and American sportscar ctr about 2 months ago, pleasure working with jody. I had been looking for months and decided to look at a few there. There were several cars there that were being repaired but honestly if you go to anyone to buy a car, private seller or used dealer, you can never trust a word they say. Once the car is yours, its yours, problems and all. If i had heard that they rebuilt the transmission on a car i dont think i would have bought it. If the tranny had problems, who knows what else could be wrong. I think you expected an immaculate car when u purchased it.
5POINT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #86
Injected Stingray
CF Senior Member

Quote:

The 32 Corvettes soon to be on sale at Buyavette / American Sportscar Center.
Injected Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #87
carlton_fritz
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINT7 View Post
Very interesting, good catch.

I am not interested in bashing anyone i just wanted to mention that i purchased my 95 c4 from Jody and American sportscar ctr about 2 months ago, pleasure working with jody. I had been looking for months and decided to look at a few there. There were several cars there that were being repaired but honestly if you go to anyone to buy a car, private seller or used dealer, you can never trust a word they say. Once the car is yours, its yours, problems and all. If i had heard that they rebuilt the transmission on a car i don't think i would have bought it. If the tranny had problems, who knows what else could be wrong. I think you expected an immaculate car when u purchased it.
That's exactly what I found when I bought my '91. Jody and David were very helpful. The one problem my car had, they took care of it. It wasn't a big problem, just the door switch that left the interior lights on. 6 months later I have normal issues. Brakes, rear hatch struts that worked one day and not the next, and the SES light came on. Nothing major that was an issue when I bought the car. American Sportscar Center gets a big from me.
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #88
madman91
CF Senior Member

Quote:

great point. and also corvetteowner18 you can let your good buddy greg know that i will be taking legal action due to the fact of him giving out my personal info. thanks!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #89
madman91
CF Senior Member

just spoke to a lawyer and he says that based off of the reciepts, phone records, this post, etc. i have a pretty good case to get my money back!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #90
ChickMagnet
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman91 View Post
just spoke to a lawyer and he says that based off of the reciepts, phone records, this post, etc. i have a pretty good case to get my money back!
Man I just got through reading this thread, and I have to say, I'm going to have to side with buyavette.net. There are obviously some very happy customers who have chimed in about their satisfaction with this site. From my experience, there are some people you just can't please, and I believe you are one of these people. And the fact that you talked to buyavette 6 months after you bought the car to complain about the vette is really damaging to your case. From having the car for 8 months already, you could have used and abused the car...and who knows what. Plus they specifically state you have 30 days...which is pretty generous considering it's a used car.

How much have you spent on it since you got it. I've spent about $400 on my vette since I've owned it for a regular tune up parts and service, and gas shocks...so I'd say your not in too deep if all you spent
was $400 for a rebuild. I think your just unhappy with the car or perhaps you think you payed too much for it. If you spend more money on a lawyer and you lose the case your going to feel really bad.
ChickMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #91
madman91
CF Senior Member

maybe so. but check out the other posts on this forum and you will see that there are more unhappy customers than you think (c2 and c3 forum). and the other point is that they gave my personal info to a total stranger. this guy knew more about what they did to my car then i did. and thats total crap. but i appreciate your input.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #92
ChickMagnet
CF Senior Member

I doubt that things said in a corvette forum thread is going to be found credible in court. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #93
madman91
CF Senior Member

thanks for your input. my lawyer said it will help.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:14 AM   #94
joecaver
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

how much is your lawyer charging you to try and recover $400.00, a flat fee or a percentage? just wondering.
joecaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #95
madman91
CF Senior Member

he works with my sister so it will be a small percentage
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #96
ChickMagnet
CF Senior Member

Quote:
thanks for your input. my lawyer said it will help.
Well you had 30 days to take the car back...why didn't you just take it back if something was wrong with it? I'm sure you signed agreements upon full purchase of the vehicle, so you may lose in this regard. Well any who, at least you learned a $400 lesson in the process. Now you know better for next time
Old 06-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #97
ban-ls1

Quote:
My 91 had the trans go out 32 days after i got it. and it was not even being driven hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman91
i have the same "problem". my 91 l98 auto runs side by side c5s all day. and there is supposed to be 100 pony diff. at the strip they only started to pull on me at about 75mph. so i do think you can have unknown mods when getting the car from a dealer. just my opinion.
Something doesnt add up??

Madman91 I am not sure about you but if you are running you L98 with C5's all day long and taking your car to the drag strip, gutting the cat, changing the mufflers, and looking to do a cam upgrade for more power. I would consider that driving hard. Don't BS , tell the truth . I would have to agree with ChickMagnet, seems you are one of those people who will never be happy, and nothing is ever your fault.

A company doesnt stay in business 15 years by screwing people over.
ban-ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #98
ChickMagnet
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban-ls1 View Post
Something doesnt add up??

Madman91 I am not sure about you but if you are running you L98 with C5's all day long and taking your car to the drag strip, gutting the cat, changing the mufflers, and looking to do a cam upgrade for more power. I would consider that driving hard. Don't BS , tell the truth . I would have to agree with ChickMagnet, seems you are one of those people who will never be happy, and nothing is ever your fault.

A company doesnt stay in business 15 years by screwing people over.
Wow...it's terrible that you are criticizing this company
and trying to give them a bad reputation for something that may be your fault. These C4s aren't pure bred race cars...you run them hard enough something is going to break. I went to buyavette's site and they seem like a good company with good people working there. After ban-ls1's post, you really don't have any credibility. I would like to see how the case turns out though, please update us
Old 06-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #99
cplonner
CF Senior Member

Quote:
maybe so. but check out the other posts on this forum and you will see that there are more unhappy customers than you think (c2 and c3 forum). and the other point is that they gave my personal info to a total stranger. this guy knew more about what they did to my car then i did. and thats total crap. but i appreciate your input.
What we need to do is start a thread that lists all of the companies that have dealt bad buisness with members on this website. Name of the company and a short description on how we have gotten shafted! Whos with me on that!????

That is, if it is justifiable! Im not here to bash any honest people. But the dishonest dealers, and they are out there, need to be brought to peoples attention.

Last edited by cplonner; 06-14-2007 at 08:39 PM.
cplonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #100
madman91
CF Senior Member

i totally agree with cplonner. great idea
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page NEVER purchase a car from buyavette.net!

Tags
buyavette, buyavettecom, buyavettenet, castle, complaints, corvette, engine, financing, jason, jody, net, pirkle, rebuild, rock, wardlaw, www