C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
roanoke2
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover

I'm looking to buy a car cover for my C4, and heard the Noah is good. Anyone used this type? Looking to keep the rain off. Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
DaleD
Drifting

Originally Posted by roanoke2
I'm looking to buy a car cover for my C4, and heard the Noah is good. Anyone used this type? Looking to keep the rain off. Thanks
I need one for storing the car in my garage during the winter. Interested in the replies.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
thebeerman
Burning Brakes

Keep rain/snow off, dust protect against accidental bump/scratch? $35 at Costco, not custom fit, but well made and water resistant and breathable. When it gets too dirty i throw it away (or cover one of my other cars with it) and get a new one.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the "Coverking Coverbond 4 Car Cover" I got it as a gift but my Girlfriend purchased it from Midamerica Motorsports. I am very pleased with this cover it fits nice and snug doesnt scratch or scuff paint and has yet to blow off the car. It has a Corvette logo Embroidered on the nose and "CORVETTE" embroidered on the rear. It does a good job of keeping the car dry because I do not have a garage it is currently being stored outside under this cover and I have my old cheapy autozone Budge cover over that to kind of protect the good cover.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I've had three types of car cover. The tyvek type work well under cover like a carport. The Noah type start leaving a dust behind after using them about 6 months. I just bought a generic type off ebay and it covers the car and keeps the dust and bird $#!+ off. Anything is better than nothing. It seems I still have to wash them or rinse when I take off the covers except the tyvek under cover. The windsheilds and surfaces have residue left behind from wet weather. The covers do protect the interiors and paint from UV damage and exposure to the sun, plus it extends the life of your wax. At least it seems that way to me.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
The Noah type start leaving a dust behind after using them about 6 months.
My "Noah Wolf" on my Impala SS started leaving dust behind on my car after last winter I just thought it was dirty I have washed it 3 times and it still does it. I guess its just starting to fall apart. I have had that car cover for about 7 years so i guess its had a good life. It was definately a good cover though.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
thebeerman
Burning Brakes

I underlined Breathable because a friend of mine and I both learned the hard way that a non-breathable conver (i.e. tyvek or the familiar blue poly tarp) can trap moisture under the cover and when it warms up enough to start evaporation under the cover and next to your paint that the chemical reaction of heat can blister your paint. My buddies big block 72 and my 55 f100 hot rod both blistered after last winters storage, mine under a tyvek and his under the blue poly. It ain't worth it. IMHO, use a breathable cover, or even two if you prefer extra protection.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

I use a good quality Wolf.
The best covers will not keep rain off; they are quite breathable and moisture (rain, even a good dew) will drive dust right through the fabric and onto the car.
I wash the car before the cover goes on, and have to wash it again as soon as I take the cover off. Yes, my C4 stays outside.

Larry
code5coupe
Old 02-06-2007, 03:10 PM
James in MD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noah is the best in my opinion. I have used them for a number of years on vehicles both garaged and kept outdoors. They wear well, provide very good protection for the vehicle, and are reasonably priced. Since they are generally available as custom fit items if your car is stored outdoors they will stay on the car much better in windy weather. I'd stay away from the Wal-Mart, Costco, etc. covers, you won't get the same level of fit and durability.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
roanoke2
Navigator

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like none are fully waterproof, guess I'll go with the Noah and will let you all know how I like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Cover

Quick Reply: Car Cover