C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Amazing Site

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:09 PM
trackin_vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing Site

Okay, okay, it's been said a thousand times before. But having been away for a while spending my forum time on a Harley site, I just have to comment that this site is freakin phenominal! Imagine what it would cost and how long it would take without this site to track down 5 or 6 very knowledgable and experienced experts and get advice from them on how to fix your car, and have them all say "hey, give me a shout if you need anything else. No charge!" Here you can do that in a matter of hours. Because of the Corvette's long heritage and huge following, I have a hard time imagining that any other car on earth has an online support group like this one behind it. Amazing!

I'm not a hardcore forum user, but, as a way to say thanks and to help keep the brotherhood thriving, I always try to provide the benefit of my modest 'vette and Harley experience with at least a 5/1 ratio of questions I answer / questions I ask.

Thanks for being here!

Z
Old 12-15-2006, 12:32 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

You are preaching to a true believer here my man!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 PM
FRANKENSTEIN4x42000
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This site does rule, i am glad i found it
Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been in C3 for a while and now C4 also. you can't imagine the time and money I have saved, also I hope I have helped a few in return
Old 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
myred86
Racer

Case in point- $600 estimate from a local shop to troubleshoot and fix the ABS my 86L. I stumbled on this forum. With the tremendous help, I fix it for $40 for a new relay. And that was my FIRST experience!!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Grease Monkey
Team Owner

Cruise-In 8-9 Veteran
aka/Trunk Monkey/Banned For Life/Corvette For Life

Originally Posted by gator79
I have been in C3 for a while and now C4 also. you can't imagine the time and money I have saved, also I hope I have helped a few in return
Old 12-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree whole-heartedly with you all! My experiences were identical when I first joined, and lately, I've been able to "give back" to the community to help repay what was given to me in my infancy...

Speaking of payment...there is a "Supporting Member" type program available here on CF.com. I've been really thinking long and hard about this, and I think as many people (myself included) should be willing to pay a few bucks to help keep this site going. Imagine all the money we've saved (and will continue to save in the future) thanks to the knowledge, kindness, and generosity of our fellow members. Now imagine one day it's all GONE. Site shuts down for unknown reasons... Wouldn't you want to help out a site that's helped you? I know I sure do, and I plan to pony up ASAP after the holidays - I think it's a really good thing to do, for everyone's sake!

Sorry...not trying to preach - just thinkin' outloud to my fellow C4 brothas!

Aaron
Old 12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
msslp04
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11,'14

I became a lifetime member to help save me money in the long run and keep this site running. The knowledge of the forum members is priceless and hopefully I can help others some day.

Kevin
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 PM
93gtguy
Advanced

Default I agree...

I had a Mustang GT and was a member of the corral.net. It's a good site but it's a bunch of punk kids who "think" they know how to fix things and if you listen to most people on that site you'll screw your car up. This site is so much better. The members are more knowledgable about the corvette than any mechanic I've ever seen. Thank you to everyone out there.

Casey
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 PM
eptaylor
Instructor

Default What???

I've been paying $1.00 per minute.......

Get notified of new replies

To Amazing Site

Quick Reply: Amazing Site