C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

front aid dam/spoiler purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 PM
jon0108
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default picture needed front air spoiler

I just installed a new front air deflector/spoiler and am uncertain as to the proper mounting of the center deflector. Does the TOP of the deflector mount to the BOTTOM of the baffle, or does the BOTTOM of the deflector mount to the TOP of the baffle? Any pics would be great.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 PM
robertt43
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jon0108
I just installed a new front air deflector/spoiler and am uncertain as to the proper mounting of the center deflector. Does the TOP of the deflector mount to the BOTTOM of the baffle, or does the BOTTOM of the deflector mount to the TOP of the baffle? Any pics would be great.
I mounted mine on top of the center support bar. You will notice that the bottom of all three parts line up correctly.Straight line all across the front. New wind dams look good,nice and even,not all mangled and scratched.End tabs of center section,are slightly in front of side pieces.Sorry too hard to post pics on this site for me,but I'm sure someone will send you some.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
dmorris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I put the second new one on in a couple of months, I trimmed about an inch off the air dam before I put it on. Much better as far as scraping and no negative effect on cooling. Just run a piece of masking tape across the bottom and cut.

Quick Reply: front aid dam/spoiler purpose?