C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Why did my car stall

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 08:40 PM
Sadistka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did my car stall

I was idling at a light and my car stalled. I have a C4.It did it again today. It will start idling noticably then all the oil pressures and temp drop and the car stalls. When I got my oil changed last time along with a tune up my car freaked out because they ran the spark plugs incorrectly and burned them out. When I told the mechanic what happened the first thing he said is that my oil pump must have gone out and quoted me this insane price. When he actually looked into it he found that he ran the plugs incorrectly and fixed it. If I tell him the symptoms precipitating the stall he will definately jump at the dead oil pump idea(he is dying to replace that thing) but what if he is more convinced of the price then of the problem. What do you guys think it is?
Old 09-06-2001, 12:09 AM
RichF
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '04 & '05

Default Re: Why did my car stall (Sadistka)

I am moving this thread to the C4 General Discussion Area....
Old 09-06-2001, 02:29 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

When it stalls can you restart it?
Old 09-06-2001, 10:44 AM
13Mick33
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem happen to my C4. I changed so many things with my car, first I did was the spark plugs, distributer cap, rotor, ignition module, cleaned out the throttle body, but still I had problems with it stalling. Finally I learned that it was the computer, and I haven't had problems since after I got that changed. I don't know if this is what is wrong with your vette, but it doesn't hurt to have it checked out.
I Hope you get the problem fixed, I was always paranoid driving my car through town and it stalling right at a red light. Not a good thing.
Good Luck

Get notified of new replies

To Why did my car stall

Quick Reply: Why did my car stall