Horror Story....PG13

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 02:05 AM
flyinace2000
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Horror Story....PG13

I bought speakers from The Wiz (4x6) for the dash which currently have no speakers there now because i originaly had the bose system. So here is a description of what happened...This is the actually letter i am send the the store manager and THE WIZ HQ

Dear Mr. Vasquez,

On August 25, 2001 I went to your Paramus New Jersey store to purchase and have car stereo speakers installed. A sale representative by the name of Richard Vanzilen assisted me in this purchase. He was the only good part of this terrible transaction. After selecting and purchasing car speakers, he told me installation would cost $30, possibly $35. He was aware of my make and model of car. So I agreed and proceeded to check out. I paid 69.99 for the speakers and $30 for the installation. I was expecting to have them installed that day; the technician was out to lunch at the time of the sale. When he returned it was not possible to do the installation. The next available appointment was Friday, August 31, 2001. So I went back. When I arrived, I was informed that it would be an additional $25 to install these speakers; because it would take longer then they first quoted me. I left my keys and they told me to come back in 1 ½ hrs. At their suggestion I went to the Garden State Plaza to waste some time. When I returned they told me they could not touch my car because they tripped the factory alarm, which disabled the ignition. The technician claimed to have owned a similar car but was unsure of how to proceed. Using the same key I left with them I then unlocked the car in the passenger door and the car’s ignition was engaged again. He attributed the disabled ignition to electrical problems, which the car does not have. He would not install the speakers. I took the speakers & receipt back into the store and had to wait a half hour to process this return transaction.

Your store wasted 3hrs and 10 minutes of my time today, which does not include the time I spent the original day of purchase. Another thing I found unsettling was the installation price, if some cars cost more then others you should not do upfront pricing. If I was told how much installation was at the time of purchase I would have not minded the extra $25 dollars. But I got to hear about this extra fee at the time I got them installed.

I would like to be compensated for your company’s lack of customer service, as well as the fact that I had to return to your store for installation that your technician was not capable of performing. I made the purchase with the help of an eager and courteous sales assistant, and then I was basically treated as poorly and incompetently as possible. NO BODY BEATS THE WIZ, but what are you referring to. Definitely not customer service. I am very unhappy with this situation.

Sincerely,

William Sisti
Old 09-01-2001, 02:10 AM
Raysur
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (flyinace2000)

Sorry about your day.

"NO BODY BEATS THE WIZ," I remember hearing about the Wiz on Seinfeld yesterday. Is it the same store?
Old 09-01-2001, 02:12 AM
flyinace2000
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (Raysur)

Yeah its the same store from Sienfield! Haha except not as funny
Old 09-01-2001, 03:21 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should definately comp the speakers. AS far as installing dash speakers, it's super easy./
Old 09-01-2001, 12:04 PM
ConeKLR
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (Smash)

Instead of " I would like to be compensated". You should have said "I expect to be compensated".
:smash:
Old 09-01-2001, 01:30 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (ConeKLR)

The wiz is notorious as a first class rip off joint. Stay away from it like the plague. No offense, but it only stays in business because people who don't know any better go there. If you want to buy a piece of sterio equipment, any piece, go to a reputable sterio store. Do your homework just like you would shopping for a mechanic or body guy. Are they insured? Can you watch the install? How do they make their connections?(solder&heat shrink. crimp, tape splice?) Do they charge to have the items removed? What are the warranties on the equipment. Most reputable shops will have longer than manufacturer warranties for free as the manufacturers will trust the install to be made compitently. I live in the same area as you. I would go to Sound Concepts in Nanuet. He is a local dealer to me and he seems to know his stuff. I installed for almost 4 years professionally. I first went there to buy some parts. I always first pretent to have no prior knowledge of car audio to gauge the honesty and integrity of the answers I am getting from the salesmen and also hang around a little and listen to them talk to other customers first to hear what they are saying and if they care first about making a buck or making a happy customer. After speaking to the owner and listening to various conversations I felt they were right on top of how various cars worked. They gave me honest answers like this speaker sounded better than that one even though I knew they made more money selling the first one due to factory suggested mark-ups. They were also willing to bargan a little and give free installation advise to do it yourselfers. I have no affiliation with them and only recently moved into the area from centeral Jersey but I have visited about 6 local shops and they were the ones that impressed me the most on a consistant basis. Their number is (845) 623-0800 and they are about 5 minutes from where the Garden State parkway crosses the border. I would go to them or another quality shop well before I'd ever go to The wiz, best buy, Circuit city or any other general retailer that hires 18 year olds to install one of their minor product lines.
92TripleBlack
Old 09-01-2001, 10:51 PM
flyinace2000
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 the story thickens (flyinace2000)

The story thickens... I went to honk my horn today and it didn't work!!!! Those little bas**rds screwed up my horn... When they set off my alarm they must of disconected the horn to silence it. I went back to yell at them and of coarse the guy denys touching my car. They said they won't fix it... SO I am gonna take it to my mechanic to have him diagnose it..AND when he says the hoorn has been tampered with i and gonna get my money back and have them pay to fix it...I am also get intouch with their corprate HQ! DAMN THEM
Old 09-01-2001, 11:29 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's just awful. Keep the pressure on them or they'll fleece the next customer too. :( With a name like WIZ it conjures up images of guys peeing in toilets. :eek: I do recall hearing that company name though back when I was growing up on Long Island.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:19 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (Juliet)

Someone really should beat the Wiz and hard. Check to see if maybe they pulled or blew a fuse.
92TripleBlack

:boxing
Old 09-04-2001, 11:26 PM
RED90SIXLT1
Advanced

i hate to sound like i'm taking the wiz's side...but this is mostly your fault. Someone hit the nail on the head when they commented on doing your homework. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for these days. First mistake was going to a low budget place like the wiz. Why didnt you go to a shop that does quality work with a reputation? Second mistake was leaving your car ALONE with them. Why'd you do that? Bottom line: If you can't handle the job yourself....be willing to pay the extra buck to get it done right. But that will take a little homework on your part. Hopefully, you learned a lesson and won't leave your ride some teenagers to work on it. Pay a little extra and you'll be happier.
Old 09-05-2001, 12:57 AM
Midnight
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Horror Story....PG13 (RED90SIXLT1)

:rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To Horror Story....PG13

Quick Reply: Horror Story....PG13