C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Just Purchased New OEM Sunvisors

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Just Purchased New OEM Sunvisors

My pass side Visor finally got the best of me. Under hard Accelleration the visor would swivel out and almost smack my passengers in the face. So i had my top off yesterday and was going to fix it when it happened. Who ever came up with the saying "tight is good too tight is broken" was so right because I snapped the bolt off of the damn visor. So I priced around and Mid America is on backorder for 2 weeks on these visors so i cant wait because it bothers me for some reason. I just purchased them Partszoneonline.com for $236.22 to my door. I have ordered from them in the past and bar none they are the cheapest and the service is second to none
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

You ought to keep the swiveling one for ocassions like breaking up with a gf and such.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Normseven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Impala Balko
My pass side Visor finally got the best of me. Under hard Accelleration the visor would swivel out and almost smack my passengers in the face. So i had my top off yesterday and was going to fix it when it happened. Who ever came up with the saying "tight is good too tight is broken" was so right because I snapped the bolt off of the damn visor. So I priced around and Mid America is on backorder for 2 weeks on these visors so i cant wait because it bothers me for some reason. I just purchased them Partszoneonline.com for $236.22 to my door. I have ordered from them in the past and bar none they are the cheapest and the service is second to none
Ecklers has the set with lighted vanity for 169 a pair.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:37 PM
ZDRpewter01
Pro

I got a pair from www.madvet.com and they are both lighted and work great. $179.99
Old 06-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lizardlver15
I got a pair from www.madvet.com and they are both lighted and work great. $179.99
Those are the Reproductions and they are on backorder for 2 weeks The ones I just purchased are New GM ones
Old 06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Will someone tell me how many horse power OEM visors are worth compared to repos. Not to be a smart azz but that cost is .
Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
rstackjd
Drifting

Default so out of curiosity

The visors on my '88 are functionally good but look like crap (bad former owner) - can the "visor" portion be removed from the hardware? If so - is there a big difference from the '88 to the '93.

What I'm getting at it - before you crap can the old ones . . . I might be able to make use of them
Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 655 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffin
Will someone tell me how many horse power OEM visors are worth compared to repos. Not to be a smart azz but that cost is .

Whats the difference between GM and repros that are worth $100 extra a pair @ Mid America ???
Old 06-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Mr. CJ
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

1984 Corvette Sunvisors have the larger mirrors than other model years and longer support rods (all rods are side specific). 1985 early years also had some remnants of the large lighted mirror and long rods. In 1986-87 was the switch to the smaller lighted vanity mirror and most mirrors had a inner board washer that held the mirror in place (and was harder to remove just the mirror without cracking it) there seemed to be a different fabric on 88-89 visors, but the glue was prone to drying up and making the fabric loose. In 1990-93 most visors had a better fabric along with airbag stickers on the outside and inner panels of the plastic mirror housing as well as smaller mounting rods. However, these years were also very prone to what I call the floppy ear syndrome where the edge perforations on the inner boards eventually give out. 1994-96 were probably the better visors structurally and fabric wise, although they suffer from some of the same floppy ear and loose fabric as earlier years.

Often times, the reproduction visors I see are not with lighted vanity mirrors and wiring, just a stick on type of mirror, or no mirror at all. GM originals, even, depending on the parts clerk, may not be the same type as installed originally on your car. The best way, I think is to buy a recovered OEM set. You get factory look and like new quality for a lot less. About $95-$135/pair depending on the year and vanity mirrors.

C.J.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

All I know is I got these mirrors for bout 50 less than the GM's would cost from Mid America and according to the person on the phone at Midamerica that the Repros are even worse quality than the stock GM's both fabric and materials. So the way i weighed it out is his the stock ones are pretty crappy quality as is so i cant imagine a worse quality so i better stick with the stock ones.... that and the Repros were on back order so GM it was.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:35 PM
mcnulty95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my floppy sunvisors off. I never used them anyways. I like the car better without them.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:52 PM
JrsTurn
Racer

So i had my top off yesterday and was going to fix it when it happened.

You know, if you'ld drive with your windows up more often, you might not have spent all of that money!
Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up...
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mcnulty95
I took my floppy sunvisors off. I never used them anyways. I like the car better without them.
I should just do that and save the money
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Grease Monkey
Team Owner

Cruise-In 8-9 Veteran
aka/Trunk Monkey/Banned For Life/Corvette For Life

just make new ones, it cant be that hard
Old 06-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Corvette for life
just make new ones, it cant be that hard
You didnt read the whole post.
Originally Posted by ME
so i had my top off yesterday and was going to fix it when it happened. Who ever came up with the saying "tight is good too tight is broken" was so right because I snapped the bolt off of the damn visor.
So seeing as I broke the metal bolt that attaches it to the Windshield frame I had to buy new ones... And Because they are only sold in pairs I had to buy the set.

Get notified of new replies

To Just Purchased New OEM Sunvisors

Quick Reply: Just Purchased New OEM Sunvisors