C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Do you get respect in your C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:42 AM
VAHROOM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I'd like to think it's nothing personal

I get cut off all the time. There may be 2 reasons for this.

1. I drive the speed limit (most of the time). I find I make it through more lights without having to stop. Many drivers it seems, like racing to the red lights. They get impatient and need to rush. The best thing to do is go around me as quick and tight as they can or get up on my tail. I hope they know I don't run red lights.

2. My car has stealth mode somehow. I think the fiberglass may cause it. It seems that other drivers just don't see it. It also could be their rectal muscles block their vision.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by VAHROOM
I get cut off all the time. There may be 2 reasons for this.

1. I drive the speed limit (most of the time). I find I make it through more lights without having to stop. Many drivers it seems, like racing to the red lights. They get impatient and need to rush. The best thing to do is go around me as quick and tight as they can or get up on my tail. I hope they know I don't run red lights.

2. My car has stealth mode somehow. I think the fiberglass may cause it. It seems that other drivers just don't see it. It also could be their rectal muscles block their vision.
Looks like your car is silver, they say that color blends in w/traffic and makes is less noticeable.....
Old 12-20-2005, 10:14 AM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
I think it's because you and aboutguy drive those crappy LT1s. I get treated like a visiting King in my L98.

If thats the case I guess , I will have to walk up the middle of the fast lane carrying a Carl Gustav.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
DanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Having put many a dent in my driving record (my younger days ) I'm extra carefull now. My vette is urban camoflague (silver/black) I move briskly through traffic, but I (almost) always allow faster traffic to overtake me (yes, sometimes somebody is moving faster). I try drive viligant and avoid the "agressive" monniker. I realize that I'm harder to see (like a motorcycle) than the Powerstroke in the next lane. But sometimes the other driver just screws up; let it slide. I think alot of people need to just there's no need to get into a wrestling match for pole position. I hate rude drivers (ie: gravel trucks and most CT. drivers), but Mass highways are not a friendly place.

On a side note: I was driving my old Firebird years ago. My friend (a Porche guy) remarked how traffic magically GOT OUT OF THE WAY when my Chicken Turd came roaring up behind someone Guess it just looked un-insured
Old 12-20-2005, 11:30 AM
CMYC4GO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okies93
I don't understand the fuss, where I live we don't have a-hole drivers. Everybody is respectful and they wave too....bawhahaha
Do we live in the same Oklahoma?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
jmrl98
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FelnGR8, as an owner of an 06 1500 dodge ram QC 4x4 4.7L, I pledge to not be a rude a__hole to any other driver.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
beachcat
Safety Car

I will give some of them the " didn't see ya " excuse, but very few. There are a lot of reasons why they don't see you; not paying attention, talking on the cell phone, eating, doing makeup, yelling at the kids(who are not bukled up) and just plain everyday bad drivers. I am wrapped in fiberglass everyday, my 87 White Coupe is my only car. Believe me, the Spidy senses are always on alert. Oh, I have at least one instance of what everyone else here has been through happen once a day while driving the vette. I have to power to retaliate,,,,but I don't,,,,the a-holes have already taken up enough of my time,,,,,,,
Old 12-20-2005, 03:02 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

I see a bunch of big weapons on this thread; if I had a CCW and carried I would get something like this. It is light, .380 caliber, highly concealable and shoots 85 grain silvertips reliably. Someone could pack 24/7 without any problems.
I have not had an incident stateside that required more that standard ground fighting techniques however, having a little friend in the back pocket will even the odds. The door map pockets on my 95 fit a 1911A1 like a glove however; I can't see my self pulling off concealing one in Tevas and a Banana hammock.

I believe that concealed carry is useless if:
1. your weapon is not truly concealed
2. your weapon is not on your person
3. you brandish it without intending to use it.

If someone ever comes charging at me and I see a weapon he is not going to just get a beat down. Be careful out there, I would hate to hear that one of my C4 brethren was in prison or worse (even the L98 owners).

Test your reaction timeTrigger pull

Last edited by aboatguy; 12-20-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

I'm a bobbing bobcat X 5 and a rocketing rabbit X 1

Best R/T = .099 but that was pure luck.
Worst R/T = .325
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
PsychoNumber1
Race Director

I find that people pull over in the oddest places to let me pass, since we live in the middle of a bunch of twisties. I don't tailgate or anything, just catch up fast. I even patiently wait for passing lanes, since I know where they all are, yet they pull over anyway.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:04 PM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrl98
FelnGR8, as an owner of an 06 1500 dodge ram QC 4x4 4.7L, I pledge to not be a rude a__hole to any other driver.
Hey, Thanks. The car is gone now, wiped out by a soccer Mom.

From driving the Civic for 14 years I think the Dodge has the cab and mirrors set too high to see small cars that are close up. But there really are a bunch of Dodge Ram drivers with attitude.

I tell you driving a bright red Civic hatch is like waving a red blanket in front of a bull. I never get that kind of action in the Vette.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Yakko
Le Mans Master

As a new owner (June 05) I have definitely noticed a difference from
driving my Jimmy to my Vette. All kinds of behavior, from rude driving, to thumbs up to my favorite...
A nice looking mom pulled up next to my son and I in her Boxster, glanced over and jammed it on the green light. She was gone before you could say bye. We didn't even move, just looked at each other and started laughing.
I think Vette owners can expect all kinds of repsonses, good, bad, but rarely indifferent.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:14 PM
raptornails
Instructor

I havn't noticed much difference in other drivers manners between driving the vette and the work truck('97 Ranger). They are usually impatient a**holes no matter what. When I am being tailgated, I'll just slowly drop my speed, and watch them in my mirror get flustered, then when they whip past me and stare as they do so, I'll just flash them a nice, big, smile ...sometimes I'll even point and laugh . This reaction seems to confuse people , they just look at you with there mouths gaped open looking like retards. No point in getting pissed that's what they want
Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 PM
GoodbyeGirl
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

I haven't noticed a difference. The same idiots are out driving, regardless of which vehicle I'm in!
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

aboatguy-
Old 12-20-2005, 05:54 PM
blown87
Race Director

GA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by AA2PR
We have a deadly force law in Florida. can,t stop anyone from running over,.,but i can fix it so thet can,t leave,,[
2 double actions??? cant beat the 1911!
I had a guy in Atlanta almost run me over and i honked my horn at him (no finger no nothing) he slams on his brakes and get beside me and points his finger at me and mouths "i'll blow your f()<king head off" i took that as a threat on my life and acted accordingly, he did not want to play when my 1911 came out of my shoulder holster. what an assh":le
Old 12-20-2005, 06:46 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Originally Posted by kopbet89c4
I'm a bobbing bobcat X 5 and a rocketing rabbit X 1

Best R/T = .099 but that was pure luck.
Worst R/T = .325
Addicting little game isn't it?

Get notified of new replies

To Do you get respect in your C4

Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 AM
skeet
Melting Slicks

When I used to drive my C4 in NYC I noticed the taxi drivers treated me TOTALLY different than when I was driving my FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser with over sized tires. They just plain stayed away from me in the FJ, in the C4 they were always cutting me off. It was almost funny.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I carry a camera. You'd be surprised how ones attitude quickly changes when one realizes he's on film.

The trick was learned from a gal in a van loaded with kids. I threaded the needle in front of her in traffic. My bad and I realized it was stupid, just couldn't stand being stuck behind a van. Well, she pulls up along side and has one of the kids in the back filming me. All the while shes got signs in the windows taunting me to do it again! Well, I whipped out my camera and rolled down the window and started taking pics of her and the signs in vans windows. WHen she sees the cam her eyes get real big and shes off at the next exit!

So one afternoon wifey and I are rolling on the interstate in her 93 Civic I named Wyt-Rice. Seems this car gets NO respect from any truck. We musta got cutoff at least three times and wifey is yelling at me like I'm trying to **** off these jerks. So the next time one comes blowiing up my right side to cut me off I hang the camera over the roof snapping pics of the azzhole. Sure enough, he backs off and drops in behind me like a good boy and waits for traffic to clear.

WHo needs guns? I gotta camera!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 AM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by skeet
When I used to drive my C4 in NYC I noticed the taxi drivers treated me TOTALLY different than when I was driving my FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser with over sized tires. They just plain stayed away from me in the FJ, in the C4 they were always cutting me off. It was almost funny.

I've got an FJ62 Land Cruiser (frekin' elephant chaser!) and you're right. People just don't have the same respect Something to do with looking up into a bumper that seems to disuade them from stupid acts Oh well, the vette only gets driven on weekends for the most part so I can deal with it.

BTW...used to have an FJ 40 also, similar setup (lifted-tires-wheels). Nice rides that'll last for ever.

Yeah, I understand the Jeep thing...thats what I drive a Toyota

Or...

No, it ain't a damned Cherokee!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Do you get respect in your C4