C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

whats the ugliest C4 you`ve seen

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Bruthish
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

no..put it this way...why do you wear your hair the way you do? Why did you paint your house the color you did or build the deck in the backyard?

Because its an expression of WHO YOU ARE and WHAT YOU LIKE. I hate seeing that everytime someone brings up a body modification of any sort everyone wants to jump the bandwagon of slamming that person until they feel 2 inches tall. But yet these are the same people who soley exsist in this forum to make motor and exhaust mods. What the hell is the difference? Changing it from stock to modded is still the same.

While I agree, that a body kit can decrease the population of people who may want to buy your car, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

So if I install a kit, I guess I am a 32 year old kid..so be it...

Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruthish
no..put it this way...why do you wear your hair the way you do? Why did you paint your house the color you did or build the deck in the backyard?

Because its an expression of WHO YOU ARE and WHAT YOU LIKE. I hate seeing that everytime someone brings up a body modification of any sort everyone wants to jump the bandwagon of slamming that person until they feel 2 inches tall. But yet these are the same people who soley exsist in this forum to make motor and exhaust mods. What the hell is the difference? Changing it from stock to modded is still the same.

While I agree, that a body kit can decrease the population of people who may want to buy your car, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

So if I install a kit, I guess I am a 32 year old kid..so be it...

and to further that ideology... who cares if their are ugly vettes out there... that subject is lame... what good does it bring to the hobby ?

Here is my view / opinion... ( not that anybody cares ) if somebody comes up with a clean design that adds to the appearance, it will only be appealing to those that appreciate an improved design.
How would an improved design be better ? How about the "Snakeskinner" package ? That design was proven better than stock in a GM wind tunnel and raced successfully with the Morrison Racing Team.

How about the radical Gieger wide bodied cars ? Ever checked them out ? Plenty of them posted over in Digital Corvettes picture section...

Jerry Palmer and crew did a great job with the C4... The C4 is one of my favorite designs... but it is a little on the plain jane side...

What about Toledo Pro hoods ? I have not seen a bad looking 2 & 3/4 inch high rise TP hood yet that didn't improve the look of the car...

I have yet to see a rear wing on a C4 that looked good... the only exception being on the Snakeskinner cars...

I think you guys are really limiting yourselves to what is out there and what can be done...
Just lowering the car a inch, putting on a clean looking set of 5 spokes, and tinting the windows does wonders for a C4...
My 2 cents...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 AM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

this is actually on ebay forsale listed as an 96 lt4 collectors

Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

.....I hate seeing that everytime someone brings up a body modification of any sort everyone wants to jump the bandwagon of slamming that person until they feel 2 inches tall. But yet these are the same people who soley exsist in this forum to make motor and exhaust mods. What the hell is the difference? Changing it from stock to modded is still the same.....
body mods and performance upgrades are 2 completely different worlds, and execute 2 completely different things.

mods like tinted windows, aftermarket wheels.....tasteful paint jobs (for instance stripes).....are all wonderful visual mods. they don't detract from the lines. they are "cool" and they do enhance.

engine/tranny mods are serious stuff. they are real and they most definitely enhance every moment you're in the car. you can feel it. payback in daily enjoyment is HUGE, and you may actually see $.20 on the dollar spent.

body kits are super expensive with no payback and add nothing to the driving experience. they murder the cars' looks (the corvette anyway) and severely hamper the universe of interest. they just aren't popular in the corvette world. sorry but this is a fact. if the individual himself cares, yes thats all that really matters, just be prepared to take the fall later on in a variety of ways. for the $1 spent on all that body jazz, not only will you experience no payback at all, the value will actually take a dump from ground zero.

this kind of straight talk is meant for those who haven't done the kit thing yet. its not directed at those who already have a full kits already installed , particularly those who bought the car because of it its not meant to make the original post feel 2 inches tall, because he hasn't bought a kit yet.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 09-01-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Amazing1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2 Cents.....

1st - everyone of those radical modifications to the corvette body are absolutely disgusting

2nd - personally, I think that some of the very subtle body kits, such as the Greenwood, do add a little different pizzaz to the look of the C4 body. I for one do not like the severely rounded bottom and the hard metal frame at the bottom of the sides of the body.

The Greenwood kit, if painted the SAME color as the rest of the car, look good. Have you guys seen the teal green car, pictures of which are floating around on the forum. I think it looks good, except
for the rear spoiler...

3rd - Spoilers are ugly. Unless you actually race your car, they don't serve any purpose, and they look stupid when you're just driving down Main Street at 25 mph. Please, leave the spoilers to the Ricers.

4th - (here goes my rep) I'm sorry, but I just don't see the appeal of those aftermarket wheels you guys spend big bucks on. Especially those black rims. They are just plain UGLY.

To me, the original Saw Blades are a unique, one of a kind wheel that looks absolutely great on our cars, so I don't understand why changes to this aspect of our cars is necessary.

Well, flame me if you must, but that is how I really feel, 16 months after buying my first Vette at age 48, and mostly just lurking on the forum and reading all of your posts...

Old 09-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Amazing1
4th - (here goes my rep) I'm sorry, but I just don't see the appeal of those aftermarket wheels you guys spend big bucks on. Especially those black rims. They are just plain UGLY.
Now that's just out of line! Keep comments like that to yourself!

All kidding aside, everybody (obviously) has their own taste, and my opinion of what looks good (or not) should not affect what anyone else thinks. The first repaint on my car had a lot of mixed opinions...in fact I would say that the vast majority of people did not like it...but I did and that's all I cared about. If you want to throw on some body kit, mount a huge wing, put 32" rims on it...go nuts. I might say I think it looks like crap, but so what? Enjoy the car in whatever way you want, and don't take anyones else opinion too seriously.

EDIT; Oh, and that yellow monstrosity 3 post above...it looks like crap!

Last edited by Zix; 09-01-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
body mods and performance upgrades are 2 completely different worlds, and execute 2 completely different things.

mods like tinted windows, aftermarket wheels.....tasteful paint jobs (for instance stripes).....are all wonderful visual mods. they don't detract from the lines. they are "cool" and they do enhance.

engine/tranny mods are serious stuff. they are real and they most definitely enhance every moment you're in the car. you can feel it. payback in daily enjoyment is HUGE, and you may actually see $.20 on the dollar spent.

body kits are super expensive with no payback and add nothing to the driving experience. they murder the cars' looks (the corvette anyway) and severely hamper the universe of interest. they just aren't popular in the corvette world. sorry but this is a fact. if the individual himself cares, yes thats all that really matters, just be prepared to take the fall later on in a variety of ways. for the $1 spent on all that body jazz, not only will you experience no payback at all, the value will actually take a dump from ground zero.

this kind of straight talk is meant for those who haven't done the kit thing yet. its not directed at those who already have a full kits already installed , particularly those who bought the car because of it its not meant to make the original post feel 2 inches tall, because he hasn't bought a kit yet.

You know, the problem is that you state all of this as FACT. "I WILL NOT get daily enjoyment if I do body mods", "I am MURDERING my car by doing body mods", "no will BUY my car if I do body mods" ....please....

This aint "Straight" talk, this your OPINION on what a person will FEEL if they did it. and it seems that more and more people jump on the bandwagon against those that have different views or opinions that the majority have here. I don't think this place is called the "corvette PURISTS forum"

And let me say this....I love the lines of the C4 like you do. BUt come on, this ain't a 63' split window or a 69 Stingray. This a body style that has been disliked from most of the corvette world since it came out. And face it, unless you have one of the special vettes(ZR-1, GS, ect.),
the value of your vette may not get much higher than it already is.

I will tell you this, I am 32 y/o and I have a vette that I am going to do whatever I want to do to it. I am going to drive it like I am dying tomorrow and I am going to make it look however I want which will not be like the other 1,000,000 C4s out there.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
radwebster
Pro

the problem here, and in almost every other post on the forum now, is that no opinions are going to change, so why constantly argue?

you will never convince me that all body kits and mods are ugly.
i will never convince you that alot of the modified corvettes on here are beautiful and well worth the money.

i don't really care for the front end on that yellow vette a few posts back, but i'm not going to call it the ugliest piece of crap in the world. the rear looks cool, and to all the 'performance only' guys out there, if it really is an LT4, well than that 'ugly' car just destroyed 90% of the C4's on the forum.

if you don't like it, move on.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 PM
88Z51
Team Owner

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

I thought mine was real ugly when I bought it due to the wheels:

But this thing takes the cake:
Originally Posted by myvettesblue
Old 09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

The one feature I really like on this car is the headlights. That is the best looking aftermarket setup I have seen to date. Most headlight mods look out of style with the rest of the car.

The rest of the car looks overdone.

However, I do appreciate the fact no body lines exist where the rocker panels are formed, but I still don't care for it much.

This whole subject comes down to personal taste. Those of you that don't think great looking ( better than stock ) wheels exist are the exception... It seems the wheel business in general is still catering to C4s...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

[QUOTE=Amazing1]My 2 Cents.....

1st - everyone of those radical modifications to the corvette body are absolutely disgusting

2nd - personally, I think that some of the very subtle body kits, such as the Greenwood, do add a little different pizzaz to the look of the C4 body. I for one do not like the severely rounded bottom and the hard metal frame at the bottom of the sides of the body.

The Greenwood kit, if painted the SAME color as the rest of the car, look good. Have you guys seen the teal green car, pictures of which are floating around on the forum. I think it looks good, except
for the rear spoiler...

Pretty much agree with you on all of that...

3rd - Spoilers are ugly. Unless you actually race your car, they don't serve any purpose, and they look stupid when you're just driving down Main Street at 25 mph. Please, leave the spoilers to the Ricers.

I really agree with you on that... I took the Greenwood spoiler off the last C4 I bought and sold it.

Most of the time, yes, sometimes, so so...

To me, the original Saw Blades are a unique, one of a kind wheel that looks absolutely great on our cars, so I don't understand why changes to this aspect of our cars is necessary.

Sawblades are a good looking wheel, but A Molds are better imho, and that is also an original factory design wheel... often copied btw... Plenty of aftermarket wheels put the factory design in 2nd place imho... I am talking about the simple 5 spoke designs... Examples are, OZ Mitto's that are more refined looking... Torque Thrust II's which have more of a muscle look and work well... Hitchcock (spelling ? ) 5 shot's and several others just stand out...

The whole subject is subjective... just vote with your wallet and drive happy

Well, flame me if you must, but that is how I really feel, 16 months after buying my first Vette at age 48, and mostly just lurking on the forum and reading all of your posts...

Its about time you came out of the closet !
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

xxx
You know, the problem is that you state all of this as FACT. "I WILL NOT get daily enjoyment if I do body mods", "I am MURDERING my car by doing body mods", "no will BUY my car if I do body mods" ....please....

i'm only being honest, and this opinion is the prevailing one out there. i'm not insinuating that YOU wont get daily enjoyment.

This aint "Straight" talk, this your OPINION on what a person will FEEL if they did it. and it seems that more and more people jump on the bandwagon against those that have different views or opinions that the majority have here. I don't think this place is called the "corvette PURISTS forum"

not a purists forum, but again what i said is shared by a preponderance of the population when it comes to corvette enthusiasts. sorry about that.

And let me say this....I love the lines of the C4 like you do. BUt come on, this ain't a 63' split window or a 69 Stingray. This a body style that has been disliked from most of the corvette world since it came out. And face it, unless you have one of the special vettes(ZR-1, GS, ect.),
the value of your vette may not get much higher than it already is.

nope, you're right the standard C4 ain't no 63. it ain't a honda or toyota either.

I will tell you this, I am 32 y/o and I have a vette that I am going to do whatever I want to do to it. I am going to drive it like I am dying tomorrow and I am going to make it look however I want which will not be like the other 1,000,000 C4s out there.

good for you, and i agree. however its mho that causes me - and the majority of others - to disagree with your very last sentence. but you're right - its all up to the individual to screw the body up as much as he desires.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 09-01-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Bartman
Racer

Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 PM
C5Jimmy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Anything with an aftermarket body kit.Nuff said.
110%!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:41 AM
bite2dis
Instructor

Made us look bad because we have bodykits and rims.WOT DA F....better stand on your own opinion....

Last edited by bite2dis; 09-04-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
CMYC4GO
Melting Slicks

The ugliest Corvette I've ever seen is mine...right after a rainstorm. This thing is a dirt magnet.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bite2dis
Made us look bad because we have bodykits and rims.WOT DA F....better stand on your own opinion....
not sure if you were directing this at me or not, but in case you were.....good rims are a great mod, i had always said my opinion as such, posted in this thread and a ton of others.

its the body kits that suck. straight up. just about all of them.

sorry, but thats my opinion, as shared by a majority of corvette owners. don't believe me? an honest opinion poll will bring that to light.
you may not like what you see. sorry again.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 09-04-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To whats the ugliest C4 you`ve seen

Old 09-04-2005, 12:31 PM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05

i think we all need to pitch in and buy brad a ground effects kit for xmas so he can bash on it and loose some of his frustration against them
Old 09-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Ghost96
Racer

But I heard body kits add 500Hp with decals another 75 depending on the location
Old 09-04-2005, 03:22 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by myvettesblue
i think we all need to pitch in and buy brad a ground effects kit for xmas so he can bash on it and loose some of his frustration against them
Shall we start with say, a triple decker wing and a BFH?

Quick Reply: whats the ugliest C4 you`ve seen