C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Carlisle: Pete K and I will be waving to everyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Carlisle: Pete K and I will be waving to everyone

The weather this year has been outstanding. For the 1rst time in many years (as I understand it) its been actually comfortable - not a zillion degrees outside. No paramedics needed this year! Just some rain Saturday afternoon, oh well nothing's perfect

This is just my 3rd year there. What a great time! There's this 910hp monster vette thats so built I can't even begin to rattle off what's under that hood. The thing just EXLODES and thats just when idling! Sounds like a top-fuel dragster! Wouldn't that be great to drive that to work every day?

Anyway, for any of those who are there......at the end of the day Sunday, if you see 2 guys sitting on beach chairs & drinking a few Coronas, in the field by the fences along the exitway to Gate #1, waving to everyone goodbye for 2005........that'll be Pete K and I!

God love Corvettes and all the folks that have ever made and keep the dream alive

I'll be posting some pics in a day or two!

Last edited by Red Tornado; 08-27-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Looking foward to it!
Old 08-28-2005, 12:24 PM
vette'vert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I left by gate 1 in the rain around 6pm Saturday and didn't see nuttin' and nobody wavin'!

Sorry to miss you guys!

Val
Old 08-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Brad, I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Wesley, no more, I think we are going to try the Holiday Inn on Route 11(I think) where the Legends vbar is and the outdoor tiki deck. Some hotties there Friday and Saturday. Dinner wasn't that great though, all our steaks were beyond well done and we didn't ask for them that way.

I went vetteless this year, so if you saw a big red Dodge Power Wagon cruising around Mechanicsburg, that was me.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

vette'vert, thats was sunday (today), pete and I were there hitting the beers!

mojo, yeah i would recommend the Holiday Inn on Rt 11 as you said, normally their food is very good, sorry to hear about the steaks. Legends is a neat little sports bar, great TV setups all around the place..........never saw your wagon, hopefully you left a burnout or two in the parking lot! next year you guys should stay there, its a straight beeline down Rt 11 South right into Mecca

sorry barely any pics, i was too hung up in the daily event of it all! (this happened last year as well)
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Hippiehead025
Melting Slicks

damn it, us corvetteforum members need to wear shirts to these events! I saw you, lol
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Hippiehead025
Melting Slicks

I saw mojo too ithink, but wasnt thinkin to say "yo"
Old 08-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
vette'vert, thats was sunday (today), pete and I were there hitting the beers!

mojo, yeah i would recommend the Holiday Inn on Rt 11 as you said, normally their food is very good, sorry to hear about the steaks. Legends is a neat little sports bar, great TV setups all around the place..........never saw your wagon, hopefully you left a burnout or two in the parking lot! next year you guys should stay there, its a straight beeline down Rt 11 South right into Mecca

sorry barely any pics, i was too hung up in the daily event of it all! (this happened last year as well)
Brad and I kept our word. Beers and waves were plentiful at 4-6 pm today (sunday) Great weekend. Hope to see everyone next year.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:51 AM
vette'vert
Advanced

Default who moved the barrel

Maybe one of you all saw me, I was with my BF in his Mag red C6 and someone was kind enough to move a barrel off the road...

V.

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle: Pete K and I will be waving to everyone

Quick Reply: Carlisle: Pete K and I will be waving to everyone