C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What is it with women?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:47 PM
HOOBS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it with women?

I need to vent a little on this....The other day I was at a good friend of mine's house and his wife's sister was in town, I walked into the living room and she was sitting on the couch. She looked outside and said "Is that your car?" refering to my 96 coupe. I said yes why? As I said this out of the corner of my eye my wife is sitting on the couch chatting with my friends wife. So without further ado I said yes it's mine.....She replies....get this! "If that was my husband's car that thing would be out of here!" Well Holy Crap! Then my wife the smart a$$ says "yeah I wish he would get rid of it too!" Well was I cheezed! I felt like unloading at that point so I turned around put my shoes back on and said "Have a nice day!" Took the roof off got some good tunes and went cruising! So now today I said to the boss aka (WIFE) I says what the hek was that all about? I don't apreciate that! I said you could have stood up for me and said that I worked hard for that car and besides I sold my 24 autographed hockey jersey collection for this car! I sacrificed $20,000.00 In cash for the vette! My collection was well worth over $30! But since here in Canada we don't have hockey I said pi$$ on it! I'm getting a vette! And I haven't been as happy as I am now cruising in my ride! But I get my payback because I have two vettes a 96 coupe and my 94 vert I am trying to sell but I hope it doesn't...Just so I can rub it in! But anyways have any of you been confronted by a female like this before? What does one say?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
rufneck
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Trade her in.

Originally Posted by HOOBS
! I said you could have stood up for me and said that I worked hard for that car What does one say?
Just kidding.

Sorry to hear about the hard time w/ the Ladies!! I've been blessed with just the opposite.. Every time one of my Wife's friends says something like "midlife crisis" or " insecurity" My wife get's very defensive. Let's them know that I did work my butt off for it and wanted one for 20+ years before finally getting in a position to go and get one.. Matter of fact since I bought my 95 back in November she's turning into quite the Vette fanatic herself ..

So, sorry about your trouble but feeling really blessed by my " better half"
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 PM
No Wife
Racer

Here is what works very well for me.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:26 PM
vettenut85
Instructor

Originally Posted by No Wife
Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
ZfidyONE-84
Melting Slicks

some women just can't appreciate a corvette........ thats why mine left
Old 07-10-2005, 11:44 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys have been reading my posts as of late, you will have seen that I have written quite a few, where I have "ragged" on women.

I have been complaining about them since as long as I can remember. You know the old cliche', "You can't live with them, you can't live with them." It's true. Most, cause strife and aggravation to men. The rest are just a pain in the azz.

I feel your pain. The next time she cares to open her mouth and speak negatively, say something crude about an item or a thing that she cares for. Don't say something nasty about her. You'll be in the doghouse forever. But, if you pick on an inanimate object that she cares for, she will be able to consciously compare your statement to hers and will feel the pain of your words. She will understand how her words hurt and will hopefully curtail her criticisms and disparaging remarks.

Or, this will **** her off so much that she will not want to speak to you and this will have the same effect, so it's a win-win situation.

To quickly summarize, she says something negative about your car and you get angry, so you say something negative about her possessions and she gets angry. She will either stop speaking to you because she's angry or the plan will work and she stops talking negatively about your car. It's ingenius. You can't lose.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i like 85 500's plan, mostly because i too find them basically a royal pita with marginal value.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I gotta love this Forum, and especially that Indiana tag.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Phantom90
Racer

Well I for one feel that irrational/ immature comments like that should be retaliated with rational replies.

A little taste of their own medicine is a good idea, but within reason. As long as you follow it up with your point. You can not talk logic into woman. They are irrational and can not comprehend rational expressions. Reply with a philosophical quip and leave her with her jaw hanging wide open.

The best way to argue with a girl would be to out smart them to the point they have to stop and think about it..... and then get the hell out of the AO.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
PSO3120
Pro

My wife bought mine for my birthday.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:11 AM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I was at Bloomington Gold's Road Tour while they were getting the cars lined up at the Courthouse. I heard some folks commenting about your license plate. "Come look at this. It says No Wife!" I got the camera out to see what all the full was about and THERE it was! It made quite the impression!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Mikez40
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have that problem. My wife knew I was a car nut before we got married, 21 years ago. She could care less about my cars or any car for that matter. She has also informed all her friends about my sickness. I can't even use the excuse "mid-life crisis" since I have been driving sports cars since my first car over 30 years ago. I get just the opposite reaction from wifes friends, they think there is something wrong with me when I talk about selling the Vette for some other car.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I woulda said, "oooooh! Is that nice minibox out there yours? I'd kill for a car like that. Wanna trade?" And then of course, gone for a cruise.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
hngacurv
Race Director

Originally Posted by No Wife
That is great.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 AM
No Wife
Racer

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
I was at Bloomington Gold's Road Tour while they were getting the cars lined up at the Courthouse. I heard some folks commenting about your license plate. "Come look at this. It says No Wife!" I got the camera out to see what all the full was about and THERE it was! It made quite the impression!
Like they say about Corvette's "It's a way of life"
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 AM
hngacurv
Race Director

I don't understand why anyone thinks owning a vette is a bad thing. My mom makes the same type comments and the only thing I can figure is that she is just not a car enthusiast and doesn't understand. To her a car is just something to get her from point A to B and to me it is so much more. She would never dream of hammering down from a stand still, but for me it is something I just have to do from time to time and to have a vette attached to that throttle makes it all the more worth it.

BTW, being your wife I think she should have supported you.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

was in bad taste.

Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 07-11-2005 at 12:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To What is it with women?

Old 07-11-2005, 02:56 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Your "No Wife" pic is now my screensaver. Can't wait til the girlfriend gets back from vacation and sees it. Subtle hints are the best. I love it!
That ought to buy me another year before the ring thing comes up again!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:23 AM
ClarenceT
Drifting

Originally Posted by crossfire84
some women just can't appreciate a corvette........ thats why mine left
it's not a thing about appreciating corvettes. It's a thing of caring for the otehr person and what lies within their interest, regardless if it's dung sculpting. That's the difference between a "slave" and a "significant other"

Originally Posted by PSO3120
My wife bought mine for my birthday.
See, more like it
Old 07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Donne Trav
Burning Brakes

Default COME ON "MIEN"!

NAW! NAW! Some of us have just met the wrong damn women. IMO women
are the most beautiful creatures on EARTH. Sure, there are a few who
really, really, get under your skin. But, so do some men.

Quick Reply: What is it with women?