Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Lots of generational insecurities in here lately, lets just enjoy our vettes!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Robert, nice post It nice to hear from someone who's driven both for a good period of time.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
IBEAM700
Safety Car

Location: Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue Orlando
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want my click back
Old 06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
GravelSurfer83
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all corvettes are sexy. Every time i see one its like an orgy in my mouth. My friend just bought a c5 vert m6 whould i drive it hell yeah but mines mine and its faster.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 AM
GravelSurfer83
Advanced

I think all corvettes are sexy. Every time i see one its like an orgy in my mouth. My friend (Kman0066) just bought a c5 vert m6 whould i drive it hell yeah but mines mine and its faster. his is stock and mine ....................................
Old 06-29-2005, 11:59 AM
GravelSurfer83
Advanced

sorry i am an idiot and posted twice.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:05 PM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by robertpel9
My C5 will outperform my C4 in almost every way
BUT....your C5 can't outperform ME in MY C4! Just stating facts here Bob!

Just messin with you man. We all know that there are always going to be these opinionated topics on a public forum. The good thing is that it very seldom seems to carry into the "real" world! ALL Corvettes are awesome.

-Rick
Old 06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by cicch95
BUT....your C5 can't outperform ME in MY C4! Just stating facts here Bob!

Just messin with you man. We all know that there are always going to be these opinionated topics on a public forum. The good thing is that it very seldom seems to carry into the "real" world! ALL Corvettes are awesome.

-Rick

I don't know Rick remember that jerk at the car show when i had just bought my C5 and we were parked together and he started talking about C4's like they were complete junk?? There are plenty of these idiots out there. Luckily i think i left most of them by moving south
Old 06-29-2005, 12:29 PM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

I don't know Rick remember that jerk at the car show when i had just bought my C5 and we were parked together and he started talking about C4's like they were complete junk?? There are plenty of these idiots out there. Luckily i think i left most of them by moving south
Yes, I remember that clown. But, I honestly think he was the exception to the rule. Most Corvette guys appreciate all Corvettes. Then of course there are the Corvette "drivers". Those guys are different and are amongst all generations. School them when you can! Like I did with that clown...you know he heard my wise cracks!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:28 PM
migraine99
Instructor

As an owner of only one 'vette, a C3, I like ALL the 'vettes equally. They are an excellent representation on an American sports car. I'm proud to own one.

I also agree they need to be driven and as often as possible. No 'trailer queen' for me.

My .02 anyway...

-Chris
Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Darth Vader
Pro

Talk about a dead horse
Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, a Vette is a Vette. They are all great cars. Is the C5 "better" than the C4? In performance and comfort, yes, in looks, no. Each year the Corvette was improved, sometimes dramatically, sometimes marginally, but it was improved. To not do so would have killed the Corvette years ago. IMO nothing compares to the stump pulling torque of a late 60's big block, but today's ricers can run rings around them on a road course. The C3 was probably the sexiest design ever, but compared to a C4 they handle like sh*t. Due to government regs, the tree huggers and the "outgarous price of gas (50 cents / gallon ) Corvettes lost a lot in the early 70's, but they were always the best performing Ameican car (and one of the top performing cars in the world) in any year they were produced. You can't say the same thing about any other car model. Does anyone remember the Mustang II? My point is, all Corvettes are great cars. Not every "improvement" was done right, or what we all would have wanted, but the basic car remained and got better. If any recalls the first gen T-Bird, you'll know what I mean. This originally was a 2 seater designed to go head to head with the Corvette, and it was a much better car. It had a V8, more power, an available manual transmission and real windows. Had Ford not changed course and created a "personal luxury car" the T-Bird might very well have put the nails in the Corvettes coffin.

So like men in the Declaration of Independence, all Corvettes are created equal; some are just more equal than others.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:49 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 6t9l4t6
Yes, a Vette is a Vette. They are all great cars. Is the C5 "better" than the C4? In performance and comfort, yes, in looks, no. Each year the Corvette was improved, sometimes dramatically, sometimes marginally, but it was improved. To not do so would have killed the Corvette years ago. IMO nothing compares to the stump pulling torque of a late 60's big block, but today's ricers can run rings around them on a road course. The C3 was probably the sexiest design ever, but compared to a C4 they handle like sh*t. Due to government regs, the tree huggers and the "outgarous price of gas (50 cents / gallon ) Corvettes lost a lot in the early 70's, but they were always the best performing Ameican car (and one of the top performing cars in the world) in any year they were produced. You can't say the same thing about any other car model. Does anyone remember the Mustang II? My point is, all Corvettes are great cars. Not every "improvement" was done right, or what we all would have wanted, but the basic car remained and got better. If any recalls the first gen T-Bird, you'll know what I mean. This originally was a 2 seater designed to go head to head with the Corvette, and it was a much better car. It had a V8, more power, an available manual transmission and real windows. Had Ford not changed course and created a "personal luxury car" the T-Bird might very well have put the nails in the Corvettes coffin.

So like men in the Declaration of Independence, all Corvettes are created equal; some are just more equal than others.
I like that, could not have said it better myself (other than the C4 looks better than C5 comment but that is subjective and they both are good looking. Kinda like saying you'd kick a supermodel out of bed.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

I like that, could not have said it better myself (other than the C4 looks better than C5 comment but that is subjective and they both are good looking. Kinda like saying you'd kick a supermodel out of bed.
Yeah a super model with a big BUTT! Bwah haha!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by cicch95
Yeah a super model with a big BUTT! Bwah haha!
Yeah, or a supermodel with no eyelids (C6?)....jk.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:27 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

Yeah i dont see the point either. Their has been alot of pissing matchs lately over everything, not even just generations.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:48 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by n1kki6
Yeah i dont see the point either. Their has been alot of pissing matchs lately over everything, not even just generations.
aww, what are you p_ _ _ing and moaning about????

j/k
Old 06-29-2005, 07:56 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerDown
It's funny, you don't really hear that much about newer Corvette owners bashing C1-C3 cars. It's mostly C5 vs. C4. Wonder why that is?
It's because the C1-C3 are rolling junkpiles and it's pretty well accepted. I think I missed the point of this post.

Quick Reply: Lots of generational insecurities in here lately, lets just enjoy our vettes!!