C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What Happened ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:08 AM
92Roadster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happened ??

Is it just me or does it seem like more of the C5 and C6 owners just don't care to assoicate with lower C's ?? You do get a few waves or a thumbs up when you pass by each other or pull up next to one at a stoplight, but on the most part it seems like you don't exist, (I'm not even going to mention about most of the Vipers). It seems that more none vette owners like to make contact as you travel down the roads. I always had great repect for people who own cool cars. I had to wait 30 years to get the car I always wanted. When I was younger (maybe its an age thing), 99.9% of vette, rods, and just about anything else that was cool always gave encouragement to the other guy.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:26 AM
tpi1986
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

it just depends on the person driving it. (C5 C6) I waved at a c6 owner the other day and he looked at me like I was crazy. About an hour later we both pulled into the same gas station. He walked up to me and said "Nice car" which I nodded and said thanks. He then said "I keep having guys in other vettes waving at me, am I doing something wrong?" I said "No man, it is just a wave of respect and acknowledgement from the brotherhood of vette owners."

He looked at me and said "good, I thought I was doing something wrong"

As stupid as this sounds, not all vette owners know about the wave. Sometimes it is not a sign of being an AXX it is just ignorance.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Not all of them are aware of the wave. I was out last night trying to do a vid clip (cheapie camera on the dashboard )and saw a black c4 vert going the opposite direction. I pulled up to the light and he had turned around and was right behind me. Got up to the next light, he pulls up next to me, I wave and say "nice C4!". He looked at me like wtf?Then he muttered a weak thanks and drove off....
Old 03-30-2005, 10:47 AM
tpi1986
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Not all of them are aware of the wave. I was out last night trying to do a vid clip (cheapie camera on the dashboard )and saw a black c4 vert going the opposite direction. I pulled up to the light and he had turned around and was right behind me. Got up to the next light, he pulls up next to me, I wave and say "nice C4!". He looked at me like wtf?Then he muttered a weak thanks and drove off....
nice c4 wtf! He is probably still wondering what you were saying. It proves that not all vette drivers are equal!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
eboler
Racer

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette

Old 03-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Ivory90
Racer

It is what it is...I've come full circle. When new Ivory90 had blinders that wouldn't allow me to see the vette next to me. Now I'm that guy giving the wave a try.

Some are just not educated and some just are driving WAY TO FAST TO LOOSEN THEIR GRIP FROM THE STEERING WHEEL>
Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 PM
redvette6spd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by royzo
Is it just me or does it seem like more of the C5 and C6 owners just don't care to assoicate with lower C's ?? You do get a few waves or a thumbs up when you pass by each other or pull up next to one at a stoplight, but on the most part it seems like you don't exist, (I'm not even going to mention about most of the Vipers). It seems that more none vette owners like to make contact as you travel down the roads. I always had great repect for people who own cool cars. I had to wait 30 years to get the car I always wanted. When I was younger (maybe its an age thing), 99.9% of vette, rods, and just about anything else that was cool always gave encouragement to the other guy.
Enjoy your vette if thay don't wave back so what

Last edited by redvette6spd; 03-30-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:07 PM
skateparkdave
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

In the small east Texas town where I now reside, the population is under 50,000. Surprizingly there are quite a few vettes out and about but I NEVER EVER get a return wave unless I know the person. It has got to the point where I'm almost embarassed to wave knowing I'll get a look of "what, are you gaay?" from guys and a look of "are you hitting on me?" from gals. They don't get it. They are wave ignorant. It's sad but I think the wave is dead here. Or it's more probable that it never was alive in this hill billy ville.

Oh well, I've got the forum! You guys get it.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:11 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't care what other Vette owners think... just because they are not aware of history shouldn't effect my day...
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM
92Roadster
Drifting

Well as I can see by the post I guess just enjoying the hell out of the vette is the most important thing. Thanks for the input, my wife thought I might be to old for this kind of toy. NAAAAAAAAA.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Brian Blum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hummmm....
Old 03-30-2005, 11:53 PM
tonymax2
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of newer 'vette and other "fancy" car owners bought them for their snob appeal. They typically don't know a thing about the cars except the price. I would think C4 owners would be the type of people who like cars in general and appreciate what their machines are.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:31 AM
blkblt97
Advanced

I think that it should me mandatory that if someone purchases a vette that they must read this article.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/history/wave.html
Old 03-31-2005, 07:11 AM
Zoot Allures
Instructor

with Bogus
Old 03-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Unriced
Pro

Again, when you are driving please DRIVE and to hell with the
stupid wave... Drive in a parade if you want to wave...

"So what happened"

"Well officer it's like this... I saw this guy in a Vette and I wanted
to wave at him because we are all brothers and stuff , right? Well
I didnt see that truck pull out so I swerved and ended up in the
corner store.. Thats all.."

"Right, hands behind your head.."

Get notified of new replies

To What Happened ??

Quick Reply: What Happened ??