Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

SCREWED AGAIN!! Part II

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
MarkinAZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCREWED AGAIN!! Part II Naming Names!!!!

As you might remember, I sent $450 to a member of this forum. I was buying NOS for my toy. Anyway, $400 was for the NOS and $50 was for shipping.
NO NOS came and story given by seller is gosh, gee whiz...wife sent it via USPO(Post office) and "forgot" to insure it. And damn, we do have a receipt, but person at PO put wrong number down. Geez...
I have written him many times (I am getting good practice with MS Word(!)). Told him, OK, send $350.00 back..He says he'll try to send money when he can..he has bills, etc. He offered to give me parts as he is a machinist. He must be nuts if he thinks I'll send him a used stamp!
I have been beaten for the $$$$$$. Plain and simple. Worse. I sold a Bose to a nice guy in Boston. He tells me head CD is broken. Looks like I have to give major refund to Bose buyer. Sh*t happens.
I very much doubt if I am first to deal with the NOS guy and not get refund. Will wait a little bit to be fair, then post his name and ALL correspondace. It don't matter -- screwed again!

Mark

Last edited by MarkinAZ; 04-04-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

damn. that sucks... I always insure... it's common sense.

It almost sounds to me like nothing was sent in the first place.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
rugby!
Instructor

you said the person at the po wrote down the wrong number...if it wasn't insured and you have a number then it should have been sent certified, express, registered. if not, it is delivery confirmation or signature confirmation and the the po takes extra care to keep track of them. how was it sent?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:46 PM
weelanddeal
Racer

St. Jude Donor '05

sounds like that to me to, if you do decide to list the name of this guy it would be great so he cant rip off anyone else,
Old 03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...

Originally Posted by bogus
damn. that sucks... I always insure... it's common sense.

It almost sounds to me like nothing was sent in the first place.
always spend the extra jack for insurance. In this world of international web purchasing, it is a CYA environment...Cover Your A$$
Good luck to you
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Daffy
Florida turtle advocate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

You need to post the name of this person....It doesn't do any of us any good to know there's a bad apple out there but we don't know who it is...
Old 03-29-2005, 08:55 PM
MarkinAZ
Instructor

Default more from me

I sent $50 extra for shipping. I did ask it be insurred. He says he has a receipt, BUT gal at PO stamped "wrong" number.
I assure every1 I will post the guys name and all info, but he'll just come on using diff. name and addy.
Welcome to the Net!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This is been going on for a while,you need to expose him now.How much time are you going to give him?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:25 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Request a copy faxed or scanned of any docs done by post office. Most often the office only has a small number of people working the counter and can quickly break down who did it. They can then take the approx date and time, weight and track the numbers in sequence for that period. That should break down the info you need. If he fails to send you the info, or post office has nothing of that sequence or close....
FRY his ***!

Also the specific PO he used. Here in Memphis, there are only 5 different people working the counter of the LARGE office I use often.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkinAZ
I sent $50 extra for shipping. I did ask it be insurred. He says he has a receipt, BUT gal at PO stamped "wrong" number.
I assure every1 I will post the guys name and all info, but he'll just come on using diff. name and addy.
Welcome to the Net!!!
If he had it insured there is a form he fills out. The teller at the PO will scan the form and it will show up on his receipt.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:32 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Let's just assume for a second the sellers not lying. Try and find info on the package using his name, address, ship date, your address, FWIW. Tell the seller, that its in his best interests to locate the package or shipping docs, or else you want all your money back. Or just $350 if you're a sucker.

If that fails, then lets start pointing fingers.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:46 PM
rugby!
Instructor

if he told you the po "stamped" the wromg number, every package that has a number has a different number and they are all stickers that are put on after the pay for shipping. have him send ypou a copy of the info. he has. at least find out what type of number it is. you should still be able to track it. i work at the po and i think maybe someone is blowing smoke up your %$#. some people should stay off the forum
Old 03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Write a letter of complaint with all the details to your cities postal inspector and they will investigate your postal fraud and proscecute if necessary!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:48 AM
MarkinAZ
Instructor

Default Till monday

I will give all info out next Monday. I am thinking he is reading this and might take all your sound advice.
The guy lives in OK.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Justardnck
Burning Brakes

How did you pay?

A PO money order can be good cause you can go to the post master and let him check into possible fraud.

Paypal... contact them and tell them the story and see what they say.

If you sent a personal check you may be screwed

Either way you need to expose him, no need to bad mouth him yet but atleast expose him so others can be informed. His story could be true. I know if I was the seller and this happened I would refund all of the money and eat it because nothing here was your fault... but thats just the way I am.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm sure we can find someone in OK that will pay this jerk a visit in person. Got his address? This s**t really upsets internet shopping. Somebody got a rope?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:53 AM
96dblblack
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the second thread in a week I have read about people being screwed out of money here on the forum. I hate reading about these as it makes me not want to purchase anything here. I hope you get this resolved and that you are being told the truth.

Get notified of new replies

To SCREWED AGAIN!! Part II

Old 03-30-2005, 10:13 AM
vettefast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have already decided not to buy from forum members who have not been on the forum for any length of time. Unlike Ebay there is no feedback other then threads like these to warn other members.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
tpi1986
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 96dblblack
This is the second thread in a week I have read about people being screwed out of money here on the forum. I hate reading about these as it makes me not want to purchase anything here. I hope you get this resolved and that you are being told the truth.
I just don't get it. I have given away parts that I didn't need to forum members. This is the last place that I want to see anyone screwed. My uncle is a retired post master. He told me that if this guy is lying it is a fed crime to use the po as fraud. All you have to do is call the postmaster in area. They will do the investigating. IF he is full of crap, he goes to jail. They (PO) don't mess around with this stuff
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 AM
MarkinAZ
Instructor

Default Mark attacks

/*I just got off the phone with local Postal Inspector. I have faxed him your receipt sent to me by wife. Am waiting for his opinion.
I sure hope you are being honest as, if no, you have committed 2+ Federal Offenses + 2 state ones to boot; Mail fraud, forgery to name a few.
I have applied to OK Superior Court for a waiver of rights. A surrogate will be dragging you into Court soon. It won't be for $450.00, I assure you. Breach of Contract is court fees, + expenses + 3 times amount + penalties.
You have one week..NO MORE. If you think you're right, fine, see you in Court. I promise you, once I start legal action, there will be no settlement. May I suggest you either deliver the NOS. or my money. That you say you lost only means I lost more. I have all correspondence between us. You have not acted resonablly. One week, Al. I hope to hear you found my money or my stuff..
As Superior Court is wont not to smile on a person defending themselves, you will need to retain legal counsel. After first $1000 for that guy, you might realize being honest with me is only way. I wonder if your employer let's you take off days at a time to go to Court.
Think about it and best pay. It's the smart, right thing to do.

Mark

Quick Reply: SCREWED AGAIN!! Part II