C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette Magazines

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Corvette Magazines

I'm just curious as to what magazines all the C4 owners are reading. Corvette Enthusiast has mentioned my company in a couple of their C4 articles and are suppose to be doing a write up on a Camber-brace soon. The other mags won't even talk to me about C4 stuff.

Thanks for your feedback,
Dave
Old 01-29-2005, 10:44 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I subscribe to Corvette Fever and Vette in addition to Corvette Enthusiast - I have been very pleased with CE's format and writeup's although I may be a bit partial

As I understand, more C4 stuff will be coming soon from CE as the Editor told me he looks to cover ALL the generations including the C4's
Old 01-29-2005, 10:48 AM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by *89x2*
I subscribe to Corvette Fever and Vette in addition to Corvette Enthusiast - I have been very pleased with CE's format and writeup's although I may be a bit partial

As I understand, more C4 stuff will be coming soon from CE as the Editor told me he looks to cover ALL the generations including the C4's
Thanks for the feedback, be sure and post your mags in the poll. If this works out, I'm going to use it to try and get the slakers to do more C4 write-ups as well.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Oly
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I subscribe to Vette magazine but will purchase any of the others if I see them on the rack at Borders, Barnes & Noble, grocery store, etc., etc.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Corvette Enthusiast since at least two of their writers are right here on the forum. Andy Bolig-C5 Rider and Chris Chessnoe-*89x2*

I also read Corvette Magazine which at E-Town we nicknamed "Vette Doctor Magazine" since the Vette Doctors contribute to the tech section and so many of their cars have been featured.

Also America's Sports Car which you receive as a member of the National Corvette Museum(which everyone on this forum should be a member of).

Corvette Fever and Vette, I don't read. The last time I read those, I couldn't believe half the BS I saw. Although I will pick up a copy if I know a forum member is in it.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by *89x2*

BTW Chris, welcome to the family, I saw where you just became a lifer at the NCM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:00 AM
C5Jimmy
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like Corvette Magazine, its a really nice, quality magazine , and theres always some C4 stuff in it, however its mostly C5 and 6 stuff, understandably so, considering 20 to 8 years ago I'm sure the mags were mostly C4 related. Corvette Enthusiast is my second choice,although its hard to find for me. Its hit or miss at B&N bookstore. and the others I can leave or take. I would like to see a magazine pretty much dedicated to the C4, that would be nice, with actual ads for C4 aftermarket items (I know there was a thread posted a month ago or so concerning this.)
Old 01-29-2005, 11:13 AM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by R-D Racing
Thanks for the feedback, be sure and post your mags in the poll. If this works out, I'm going to use it to try and get the slakers to do more C4 write-ups as well.

Thanks,
Dave
That sounds like an great idea Dave. Thanks for taking the initiative of prodding the Corvette media. I just received my first issue of Corvette Enthusiast and it's a good read. Somebody on the forum (maybe Bogus) mentioned in a post that they covered all models, while the others leaned more toward the C5's & 6's.
Richard
vote casted
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 AM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R-D Racing
I'm just curious as to what magazines all the C4 owners are reading. Corvette Enthusiast has mentioned my company in a couple of their C4 articles and are suppose to be doing a write up on a Camber-brace soon. The other mags won't even talk to me about C4 stuff.

Thanks for your feedback,
Dave
I subscribe to Corvette Fever, Guns and Ammo, Shotgun News, Consumer Reports, Road and Track, Automobile Mag, Tauton's Fine Wood working, I buy any Corvette mag, Hot Rod, Airplane Mag, Aero Trader, Wooden Boat, This Old House, Log Homes, National Geo, I'll read anything a chick wont read.

It takes about 4 hours to read 5 mags its a hell of a lot better than re-runs of I love Lucy.

I don't do books, no pictures.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:02 PM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C4VetteLT1
That sounds like an great idea Dave. Thanks for taking the initiative of prodding the Corvette media. I just received my first issue of Corvette Enthusiast and it's a good read. Somebody on the forum (maybe Bogus) mentioned in a post that they covered all models, while the others leaned more toward the C5's & 6's.
Richard
vote casted
I know for a fact that the media folfs read this forum because we talk about it with them all the time. The format that CE has taken has drawn a lot of subscribers. I figured this would be a good way of showing them we appreciate their effort and maybe wake the other guys up a little.

If everyone that views this thread will just take the time to vote, I will make sure the right people see the results.

Thanks everyone,
Dave
Old 01-29-2005, 12:17 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I currently get Corvette Fever, Vette and Corvette Magazine.

Of these Corvette Magazine has the most info on our cars, both from a historical perspective and currently.

I have a complimentary issue of Corvette Enthusiast picked up at Carliale last Fall.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I subscribe to Corvette Fever, Vette and Corvette Enthusiast. Quite frankly I just buy a subscription to the first 2 each year at Bloomington Gold so I can get the free T shirt. I get way more info on the Forum and more up-to-date also.
I will continue to get Corvette Enthusiast as it is the best of the bunch. I will probably let the other 2 expire after this year.
What really pizzes me off is when they print an article over a picture and you can hardly read the print!
I could also do without the sophmoric puns and lame-azzed comments. i.e. "John's 84 expels the hot breath from its 2.5" sodium-filled tritanium exhaust valves thru tig-welded gold plated headers that were custom rolled on the hot thighs of young California hip-hoppers. A truly exhausting process!"
Old 01-29-2005, 01:30 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

I use to subscribe to Corvette Fever, but I didn't renew it when it expired. I will still browse through it and Vette at B&N, but I wont buy it.

I recently subscribed to Corvette Enthusiast and just got my first issue. I had never seen it before in the stores around my area. Very pleased with it so far.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:40 PM
C4DC
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I saw the camber brace mentioned in my latest issue of CE.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:25 PM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05

i am subscribed to corvette fever and vette magazine plan on subscribing to corvette enthusiast soon also
Old 01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I personally perfer Corvette Magazine. All the others suck.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:46 PM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05

i dont think any of them suck reason being they all have corvettes in them and they all get there good articles and there bad ones to go with it

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Magazines

Old 01-29-2005, 03:54 PM
vnepilot
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
Corvette Enthusiast since at least two of their writers are right here on the forum. Andy Bolig-C5 Rider and Chris Chessnoe-*89x2*

I also read Corvette Magazine which at E-Town we nicknamed "Vette Doctor Magazine" since the Vette Doctors contribute to the tech section and so many of their cars have been featured.

Also America's Sports Car which you receive as a member of the National Corvette Museum(which everyone on this forum should be a member of).

Corvette Fever and Vette, I don't read. The last time I read those, I couldn't believe half the BS I saw. Although I will pick up a copy if I know a forum member is in it.
now that i know that some of Corvette Enthusiast writers are members of the forum and support R-D racing, i will subsribe to them, got to support those that support us
Old 01-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Doug 87L98
Drifting

Corvette Magazine, subscribed to it since started. I like it because it's a good allaround Vette magazine. Recently subscribed to Vette Magazine and pick up Corvette Enthusiast when ever I can.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 PM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

145 lookers and only 29 pollers?

Maybe I ought to come up with a freebe of some kind for everyone that took the time to vote. I know, we'll have a drawing for everyone that takes the time to poll. I'll have to look around for something everyone could use. I'll set a cut off date after I figure out what the prize will be. Any ideas? In the mean time, to enter the drawing you have to post a poll for your favorite Corvette mag.

Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Corvette Magazines