C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 with procharger need guidance

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:50 PM
ViperC4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1994 with procharger need guidance

So, i have a 1994 lt1 with a procharger. Seems to walk around a lot when idling. Meaning bounces around way to much. Also seems to have about 8lbs of boost but a rev limiter of round 5500 to 6000. Hard to say precisely as it hits it so fast. I can not find anyone around who seems to know how to tune it. Apparently i am told the lt1 motor there is no way to tune it without going to a different ecu and a whole new different wire harness. Please someone guide me and tell me this isnt so. Then i thought hell with it i will take the procharger off the vette and sell it. The guy i called wanted 2000 bucks to remove it! I said horse crap. Please anyone with experience help....
Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 AM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

pry needs a proper tune, Blowerworks.net has a tune for you.
Can you read your fuel trims?
Old 06-21-2014, 03:01 PM
ANTI VENOM
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, it can be tuned with your ECM. Call Greg at Blowerworks as Illenema mentioned. You can also email him but don't PM him. Please don't give up on your vette. It sounds fun and it just needs some love. So give it to her.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:30 PM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Call Me

Originally Posted by ViperC4
So, i have a 1994 lt1 with a procharger. Seems to walk around a lot when idling. Meaning bounces around way to much. Also seems to have about 8lbs of boost but a rev limiter of round 5500 to 6000. Hard to say precisely as it hits it so fast. I can not find anyone around who seems to know how to tune it. Apparently i am told the lt1 motor there is no way to tune it without going to a different ecu and a whole new different wire harness. Please someone guide me and tell me this isnt so. Then i thought hell with it i will take the procharger off the vette and sell it. The guy i called wanted 2000 bucks to remove it! I said horse crap. Please anyone with experience help....
Probably surge thru MAF - quite common for that kit. Call to discuss. greg

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 with procharger need guidance

Quick Reply: 1994 with procharger need guidance