C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

wastegate boost reference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default wastegate boost reference?

Can I grab mu boost reference for the wastegate on a vacuum line off the intake manifold or does it have to be from the charge pipe. .. I ask this because my turbo doesnt have a barb built into the housing. Is there another way to get a barb on the charge pipe?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM
drjimmy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be between the throttle body and the turbo. That being said, I cant imagine why it wouldn't be fine to grab it from one of the vacuum ports. Theoretically, the pressure should be the same anywhere between the turbo and the heads.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by drjimmy
It should be between the throttle body and the turbo. That being said, I cant imagine why it wouldn't be fine to grab it from one of the vacuum ports. Theoretically, the pressure should be the same anywhere between the turbo and the heads.
Does anyone make a silicone collar with a bung or something that I can bolt a barb on so I can run a hose to the wastegate
Old 05-06-2014, 12:48 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Impala Balko
Does anyone make a silicone collar with a bung or something that I can bolt a barb on so I can run a hose to the wastegate
You can grab it from anywhere in the intake piping up to and including the intake manifold. I chose to grab mine at the intake manifold that way if there was any type of boost drop across the intercooler or TB the turbo would make up the difference and the boost at the intake would be where it should be.

Get notified of new replies

To wastegate boost reference?

Quick Reply: wastegate boost reference?