C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Finally did some wot runs today!

Old 12-24-2013, 07:48 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Finally did some wot runs today!

Well, it's been a long road, but I finally did some wot runs today. I saw a new high of 15lbs of boost. Man, this car is crazy!

I was especially impressed because today it was 80 degrees out (gotta love so cal on Christmas eve). My belt wrap mods definitely are working amazingly.

I had the wife on the laptop checking the wideband but it was hopping around a bit. I'll run it again with my brother (I think my wife was freaking out partially due to the speed). I'd like to confirm one more time prior to taking it to the track.

I'm pretty sure that the car is running safe under boost; at idle and part throttle its rich so I need to trim the fuel tables a bit.

Thanks to all that helped! Hopefully I'll have this beast out to the drags soon to see what it can do. I don't expect to challenge Aks but I would like to get this car in the 9's!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So for the sake of clarification, you are currently running a SINGLE pump, right?

Mine still has the intake-tank and the in-line setup, this would be a great opportunity to simplify the combination. Possibly even support E85 for me?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 AM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz
Well, it's been a long road, but I finally did some wot runs today. I saw a new high of 15lbs of boost. Man, this car is crazy!

I was especially impressed because today it was 80 degrees out (gotta love so cal on Christmas eve). My belt wrap mods definitely are working amazingly.

I had the wife on the laptop checking the wideband but it was hopping around a bit. I'll run it again with my brother (I think my wife was freaking out partially due to the speed). I'd like to confirm one more time prior to taking it to the track.

I'm pretty sure that the car is running safe under boost; at idle and part throttle its rich so I need to trim the fuel tables a bit.

Thanks to all that helped! Hopefully I'll have this beast out to the drags soon to see what it can do. I don't expect to challenge Aks but I would like to get this car in the 9's!
[/I]

I like a bit rich at idle
Old 12-27-2013, 05:16 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

yup, it's a single pump. Injectors would get expensive with e85 if you had to go above the 80's.

Rich is kind of fun but it gets expensive if you put any miles on the car!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

yup, it's a single pump. Injectors would get expensive with e85 if you had to go above the 80's.

Rich is kind of fun but it gets expensive if you put any miles on the car!
I'll likely run 90-100# injectors. Think the single pump will support the current ceiling of my T-trim, but I'm not sure if the stock lines are large enough for the flow requirements. If I recall, Greg said the stock lines are good for 1000hp.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:56 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

I think you'll need to go to bigger lines to really get everything you can out of this pump. Supposedly it'll support 950 rwhp on e85 with a boost a pump. It'll move way over 100 gallons per hour at operating psi with the boost a pump.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Russ-

Quit tinkering with this thing, and take it over to "RPM Motors Inc." (owner is Charlie, the facility is in Santa Clarita, CA) and get the combination dialed in! lol

I've had the pleasure of picking Charlie's brain, and the guy is NO JOKE! They even have their own machine shop (right across from their main shop and dyno facility). I've worked for a machine shop when I was younger, and let me tell you, this facility is professional grade, and Charlie works at a laser's precision! (You need to see the tools he uses JUST to check the finishing surfaces after machining- something other machine shops have no clue about).

Last edited by mnstrlt1; 01-29-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:54 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

so he tunes the lt1/4 computers? I was under the impression that he just does the newer stuff. If so, I'll keep it in mind!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:01 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

so he tunes the lt1/4 computers? I was under the impression that he just does the newer stuff. If so, I'll keep it in mind!
He's about the only guy (local to you) that STILL has a hand in the L98, LT1/LT4 platform. I even called a few other shops around So-Cal, everyone that is in the "know", referred me to RPM Motors Inc.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally did some wot runs today!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally did some wot runs today!