C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Removing Procharger from LT4

Old 11-21-2013, 12:47 AM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Procharger from LT4

Hey Guys,

Purchased an LT4 car with low miles with a D1 setup. I want this car completely stock. I need to make a list of what stock parts would have been tossed with this install, and how to get everything back to factory specs.

I know the kit it has on it makes 8psi. The car runs fantastic just not what I'm looking for out of this car. I have other fast cars this one is a cruiser.

Anyone have the install instructions for one of these so I can reverse it?

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 PM
armysnipe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Post some pictures of your engine bay. Also, a FSM and a GM parts catalogue for your year would help you out a lot. If the history isn't known on the procharger you can call them and find out if there was a kit sent with it. You just have to provide the serial number. They might also send you the instruction book.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armysnipe
Post some pictures of your engine bay. Also, a FSM and a GM parts catalogue for your year would help you out a lot. If the history isn't known on the procharger you can call them and find out if there was a kit sent with it. You just have to provide the serial number. They might also send you the instruction book.
Appreciate it, I'll get the serial number off the head unit and send it to Procharger. I know what shop did the install but it was awhile ago.

Andy
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

If it is a stock procharger setup, I have a manual I can scan and get to you.

From what I recall, the coolant overflow reservoir gets moved, radiator shroud gets cut for the intercooler, a few hoses cut/rerouted, AC line going to dryer/filter is changed out, and the dryer/filter is relocated or shifted (maybe a new bracket).

PM me your email address and I can send you a scan of the manual tomorrow evening.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:02 PM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If you email me: greg@blowerworks.net I can email you a ProCharger PDF for the IG for the LTx.

BR - greg

Get notified of new replies

To Removing Procharger from LT4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Procharger from LT4