C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Roots blown LT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to post any pictures here?
I have made some progress the last few days that i would like to share.
Time to leave work and start the little funnier work in the garage have a great day/evening you all.

Last edited by Niklas; 05-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

[QUOTE=SeanHM;1583898061]Very interesting. Roots are the hot ticket. Clearance is the bummer on the C4 though. I recently read an article about a guy that modded a Kenne Bell on a fox body to use a front mount Air-to-Air with impressive results. Would be interesting to see if something like that could be made to work on these cars. Keep us posted![/QUOTE
Clearance is no issue, the sky is the limit with a little hole in the hood
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Default Dyno ECM programming

any body that can recommend a shop/guy that can programme the ECM and do a dyno tune in Houston preferable the northern parts.
its 1992 with an Eaton 112 blower 60 ib injectors.
Thanks Niklas.

Last edited by Niklas; 05-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

It is running now but there is a small issue the power steering pump runs the wrong direction the way I routed the belt,
Anybody that knows if there is a pump that runs clock wise, that would make it so much easier and better than to reroute the belt again.
Thanks
I found a pump that fits, almost without modification it is for a Jeep Wrangler mid nineties.
I had to remove the shaft that holds the intermediate pulley under the A/C pump to get the suction hose on the pump which is not used anyway.
Feels good with power steering again but I had to remove the blower/intake again there was an oil leak between block and intake I had put double intake gaskets to compensate for the thicker head gaskets that is mounted, ill put it back tomorrow with single intake gasket so the intake will come a little bit closer to the block, I don't know is that called block bridge?
Engine runs like crap I changed an e-prom that was supposed to compensate for the bigger injectors but no difference at
all I don't know what is wrong yet but ill try to figure it out, Help with that would be mostly appreciated thanks again you all
and have a great week!

Last edited by Niklas; 05-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Default Piston meltdown :-(

jep it didn't run for long when I finally got home again and put it together I will build me a strong bottom and need someone who can help me tune it here in Houston but it ran pretty strong for about 2 miles :-)
Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 AM
rhanselman
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Niklas
any body that can recommend a shop/guy that can programme the ECM and do a dyno tune in Houston preferable the northern parts.
its 1992 with an Eaton 112 blower 60 ib injectors.
Thanks Niklas.

Not in Houston but probably one of the best in TX. He tuned my Turbo LT1 and it's around 600 rwhp.

www.hendersonperformance.com
Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Post pics. Publish them to photobucket then upload photo bucket to here.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:50 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great work on putting that project together, sorry to hear you hurt the motor. tuning for that blower is a must' as you found out, heat and boost and pump gas = hurt motor if not properly tuned.

do you have any other pictures you can share with more details on how you put everything together?

Chris
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by lcvette
great work on putting that project together, sorry to hear you hurt the motor. tuning for that blower is a must' as you found out, heat and boost and pump gas = hurt motor if not properly tuned.

do you have any other pictures you can share with more details on how you put everything together?

Chris
I will post some more pictures shortly on
www.rootsblowncorvettec4.com
and try to do it better when i take the engine apart and do the assembling but it will take a little while im letting the project rest for a while and im gonna get me a C6 Z06 when i find one for the right price, to comfort me so i atleast have a vette to drive before i get done with the Blown C4
I would appreciate some input what to pay for one 2006-2008 30-70000 miles im hoping to find me something in the low 30000$ range i know that some of you guys wont like that but that is what I am hoping to spend.

Last edited by Niklas; 07-15-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM
87bob
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Where are you located? I have been considering doing the same thing. I may have the ability to get a major Midwest engineering University to do the CNC machining. Have you considered using a blower with a side jack shaft?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 87bob
Where are you located? I have been considering doing the same thing. I may have the ability to get a major Midwest engineering University to do the CNC machining. Have you considered using a blower with a side jack shaft?
I'm in Houston and I haven't been able to disassemble the engine yet i have been to busy but I hope I will get it done during the winter that is coming up.
And I haven't considered a side jack shaft what is that? if it is an extra shaft that drives the charger from the rear end it might give you some more options to change the pulleys back and forth
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
87bob
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Can you send me a print of the bottom of the blower? I might be able get my professor contact to cut a intake manifold to lower the blower on the engine.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Niklas
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 87bob
Can you send me a print of the bottom of the blower? I might be able get my professor contact to cut a intake manifold to lower the blower on the engine.
I dont have a drawing for it i just copied the flange on the blower and fabricated it and the intake cant be lowered there is an intercooler inside it attached to the blower.
I will post more pictures on my web site when i take it apart

Quick Reply: Roots blown LT1