C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lt1 NOS on a l98

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 02:37 AM
shamdave
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lt1 NOS on a l98

I have a great deal on NOS that is on a Lt1. He has the nozel bled into his air intake tube. The only difference i can see so far over the L98 kit is
*The solenoids seems to be better
*The plate that goes onto the TB.

I am thinking about bleeding the valve in after the MAS AF and before the TB

I am kinda nervous about it. I am going to be consirvative and only run a 100 shot.
I am going to upgrade my fuel pump from stock.

I do plan on running 2 10lb tanks into a 4 way with a gauge to monitor the combined pressure of the tanks.

On paper this seems like it wont kill me and should not hur my motor....on paper

Thoughts?

Its a stock l98 (1985) NO Cat
Eliminated the air pump and Ac
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Mike Schwarz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The difference really is you would be trying to run a "dry" setup. I'm not really nitrous savvy. but I have the NOS setup on my 91 and it's more than just a plate. it sprays fuel (from the rail) and NOS at the same time. I think if you just go dry it will run too lean.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Rohn
Pro

Sham: Are you proving fuel from the rail?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 AM
shamdave
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rohn
Sham: Are you proving fuel from the rail?
I think so it would be the same set up as the l98 but instead of a plate on the TB it would be a nozel before the TB, I am still mulling my options. I have a feeling i will find every weak point in my motor on the first pass,
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

shamdave.

dont monkey around with NOS. It will leave you disapointed.

The cars out there winning today are blown. Turbo's / superchargers are beating up on NOS cars in the big leagues.

The issue with NOS is that you make more power on a full tank of NOS than you do a half tank.

So if you tune for full tank of NOS, you will run rich when spraying at a half tank.

Heres the key statement:

Even if you are using a bottle heater to ensure you are spraying at the same PSI, you will still make less power with anything less than a full tnk.

I have heard of new NANO nitrogen assisted pushers, but I dont hve any experience

Skip the NOS and save up for a blowersetup. Talk to grg@blowerworks.

If you dont want to take my advice, then be sure to run a 'wet' setup (sprays raw fuel at the same time asnitrous). I ran an NX wet100 shot for years without incident. Tht same motor is running a blower/meth injectin now.

Itd be a good idea to upgrade fuel pump to walbro 340 255 l/hr pump with racetronix harness.

This becomes must if you evr go above 100 shot.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
kevingib
Instructor

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
shamdave.

dont monkey around with NOS. It will leave you disapointed.

The cars out there winning today are blown. Turbo's / superchargers are beating up on NOS cars in the big leagues.

The issue with NOS is that you make more power on a full tank of NOS than you do a half tank.

So if you tune for full tank of NOS, you will run rich when spraying at a half tank.

Heres the key statement:

Even if you are using a bottle heater to ensure you are spraying at the same PSI, you will still make less power with anything less than a full tnk.

I have heard of new NANO nitrogen assisted pushers, but I dont hve any experience

Skip the NOS and save up for a blowersetup. Talk to grg@blowerworks.

If you dont want to take my advice, then be sure to run a 'wet' setup (sprays raw fuel at the same time asnitrous). I ran an NX wet100 shot for years without incident. Tht same motor is running a blower/meth injectin now.

Itd be a good idea to upgrade fuel pump to walbro 340 255 l/hr pump with racetronix harness.

This becomes must if you evr go above 100 shot.

Good luck.
I have to agree 100%. My Vette is a project and was just purchased and started so it isnt running NOS. I have run tons of NOS on the Mustang 5.0 platform up to a dual stage 250/200 shot and was able to run high 9's all day long. Also went thru 3 motors in 4 seasons due to a lean consition that can occur for various reasons - I ran a full computer commanded setup for safety and good flow thru the rpm range and still went blamo. Even running wet you have greater risk than with a blower.

My DD is a 02 F150 Harley Davidson with the 5.4 SC Motor. It makes just over 650 at teh rear wheels and is pushing 19 psi via the blower. I run an Alky Control Meth injection system on it to ensure octane is always high tto avoid detonation. The M1 mix is 70/30 so my effective street octane under boost is about 107-108. The other advantages of the meth are the colling that occurs at the IAT as well as the nice fresh cleaning it does to the valves. I had my heads off a few weeks ago to up the cams and the valves were baby butt clean with about 10k on them.

NOS is a great seat of the pants hit but one wrong thing and boom goes the block.

Get notified of new replies

To Lt1 NOS on a l98

Quick Reply: Lt1 NOS on a l98