C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help - What To Check?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
IowaJohn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - What To Check?

So I got my 93 out of winter storage and when I started it up it sounded like it was running on 3 or 4. Wouldn't take any gas, gauges going nuts and then it would die. Started it up a few times, each time seemed a little better but not close to where it should be. Got it outside and let it sit for awhile and then it would not start at all. Just crank and crank. Not a hint of anything firing. Seemed like no gas! Squirted some starting fluid into the throttle body and it started right up and ran until that was gone. Tried to restart and nothing. Replaced the fuel filter and tried again. Now we are back to where we started. It starts runs awhile and dies. Any way to test the fuel pump? How do you replace it? Drop the tank?
Any thoughts will be appreciated and Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
navy_vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seem to be a LOT of fuel pump issues recently!

You either need to take it to a mechanic and he'll hook up a fuel pressure gauge, or you can just buy one from your local auto store. Just tell them that you need a fuel pressure test kit. They aren't too expensive.

To be honest, I'm not sure if you have to drop the tank or not. Check your maintenance manual. You might be able to get to it by taking out the fuel plate. It take about 5 mins to get it off.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Get the racetronix fuel pup replacement kit.
Installs without dropping the tank!
You may want to pump the old fuel out and put 5 gal of fresh in.
Check both injector fuses!

Get notified of new replies

To Help - What To Check?

Quick Reply: Help - What To Check?