Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 coupe - considering selling

Old 11-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Munky
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1968 coupe - considering selling

I purchased a 1968 coupe several months ago, and due to a back injury, I have not been able to spend as much time in it or with it as I would like. It is a very nice car, needing a few minor items to make it complete. I purchased it from a so called "expert" who did not do things to my standard and I have begun repairing, replacing and correcting many items already. I will describe the car, then include what I have done, and what needs to be completed to make the car perfect. If there is interest, please let me know at either the email associated with my handle, or at srobertson@crtinc.com.
I can provide pictures, but only to seriously interested parties please.

Description:
1968 safari yellow coupe, 327/350, 4spd with hurst shifter, cragar mags and new tires, vinyl seats with headrest, sidepipes, cragar mags, power windows, big block hood to provide clearance for the highrise edelbrock intake. The carpet and seats are new. The car has new paint, however it does have minor imperfections in it when you look closely, and there is some overspray in the rear wheel well, and on the spare tire carrier (easily corrected). Chrome is all very nice.
The car has 47K miles, as documented on the title which I can provide a copy of.

Items corrected/fixed within the past 3 months:
All hoses, radiator, waterpump, ignition wires, and gaskets. Battery kill switch, misc parts for headlight housing, rear leaf spring, new shocks, rear window weather strip, stainless brake lines, calipers, and pads all new. Master cyl. is new, vacuum lines all new, gas tank, and lines all new, no rust on frame or birdcage. All gauges including clock work.

What the car needs:

The goons who painted the car for the previous owner did not rehang the doors correctly - they need to be rehung - not accident damage - they are symmetricaly out of line (both). Wipers, and lights work, but there is a leak I have not tracked yet. A slight jiggle of the wiper pump brings life to everything. Also, the battery has a drain which I have not tracked yet either - thus the kill switch. I simply flip the swith behind the seat and stop the drain - thus I have not had the effort to correct yet.

Summary:

The car is mechanically great, despite the few things I mentioned above. The car has serious potential... I simply am uncertain as to the direction my back is going to take me so I thought I would see if there is interest in the car. I will be more than happy to discuss anything about the car and give a very honest answer to the best of my ability.
Also, everyone I know who sees the car thinks it is perfect - I am simply overly ****.. and tell things like they are.

Price - offers over 13K.

Thanks.

Pictures available on Corvette trader.com - 1968 - Virginia.

[Modified by Munky, 1:41 PM 11/25/2003]

[Modified by Munky, 1:23 PM 12/10/2003]
Old 11-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Munky
Burning Brakes

Default Re: 1968 coupe - considering selling (Munky)

Also..
The engine numbers are correct, I believe the tranny is correct also, but will check to make certain.

The car has no creature comforts except for power window - no pwr steering, no pwr brakes, or tilt.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What color is the interior? Rear gear ratio? M20 or M21 tranny? How's all the stainless trim (windshield, t-tops, etc.)?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Munky
Burning Brakes

Default Re: 1968 coupe - considering selling (Flareside)

Interior is black on black vinyl with new interior door skins. I believe the tranny is the M21. I am not certain about the gear ratio - I should know but don't- sorry. If there are any numbers or id's that I can get off of it which will be helpful, let me know. I am putting a new rear spring and shocks on the car this weekend so it won't be a problem to check. The stainless trim is all intact, and in very good condition, as is the chrome - not show quality, but well above average to excellent. The person who owned the car from 72-02, added the '69 stingray emblem, as well as the gill inserts which are also in great condition. All glass is originial, and with one rock chip(repaired) behind the rearview mirror. All weatherstrip is new in the car. The car really is beautiful, anytime I drive it I get stopped, questioned, and when I come out of a restaurant or store people are always gathered around it. I am extremely **** about my vehicles, and I know that this one has tremendous potential. Thanks for the interest.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Munky
Burning Brakes

Any interest????
Old 12-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Munky
Burning Brakes

I have posted pictures on the http://www.corvettetrader.com email me with questions or for more photos. Interior shots available.

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 coupe - considering selling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1968 coupe - considering selling