Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1976, red on black, 4-speed - $9K

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:44 PM
VetticusSupersonicus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1976, red on black, 4-speed - $9K

Due to mounting school bills and the fact that I was laid off last month, I'm going to have to sell my pride and joy, my red '76. I love it with all my heart, but I have to accept that it's not financially reasonable for me to keep the car right now.

(This is currently the only digital pic I have. If there is interest, I can take more.)

So I'm going to try to provide a completely honest description of the car, listing its pros and cons in full detail. No surprises here.

Pros
* Power steering, brakes and windows.

* New audio system that cost about $1K when I installed it all a year ago. Components:

Alpine 6x9 speakers in a custom-built box in the rear compartment
Alpine 4x6s in the dash
Alpine CDM-7874 deck

* New (~9 months) true dual exhaust system with Flowmaster 40 mufflers and aluminized pipes. Custom bent and installed by a local exhaust shop at a total cost of about $1K. Still passes the local smog tests with flying colours despite the lack of catalytic converters. Sounds mean.

* Transmission completely rebuilt by a friend of a friend who has been building race transmissions for 30 years. New countershaft and all that. Cost: $900

* Perfect stance (lowered front end)

* Numbers matching

* Receipts dating back many years from previous owners. The amount of money spent on this car far exceeds its realistic value.

Just a general all around solid car. Looks good, sounds menacing, drives perfectly, good seat-of-your-pants power.

Cons
Note: If you are seriously interested and any of these make the difference between you buying the car and not, let me know and I can see about having some issues fixed.

* Power brake booster needs replacement due to vacuum leak. I have avoided this because it is apparently a rather gruesome job.
* Rear tires are bald. (Front ones still have 90% tread.)
* Paint has a chip on the front bumper. In fact, the whole car could use repainting.
* The leather on the driver's side seat is ripped.

Price: $9K USD.

I am currently located just outside of Vancouver, BC. If you are a US resident and are interested in purchasing the car, get in touch with me and we can figure out how you can inspect it and transfer the funds.

Reply here with further inquiries or email me at bondc@shaw.ca. I will get back to you as soon as I can. I need to sell this thing fairly quickly. :(

Update: Forgot to add, the mileage is 83,000 miles (original).

[Modified by VetticusSupersonicus, 12:50 AM 10/17/2003]

Quick Reply: 1976, red on black, 4-speed - $9K