Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles

Old 07-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles

I'm looking to sell my '72 base model coupe. It is all original with the exception of the paint and radio. Base 350, automatic, PS, PB, Tilt/Tele, power windows, and A/C

The pros:
It is all original, really. As far as I can tell all the numbers are matching. There is no rust in the frame. It even sports Eagle ST tires. The car is all-around very well maintained. I bought the car in November and drove it back from Ohio to Wisconsin (700 miles) and it ran beautifully the entire trip (there was no snow on the ground and hadn't been any snow on the ground at that point). Since them I've put maybe another 150 miles on it doing some short local commutes and local car shows. It has 65k original miles, and I have a copy of the Ohio title that states the mileage at 64k. The vacuum system works great, as do the power windows (but the motors/mechanism could use a cleaning). Other than a small puff of smoke at startup, the engine is mighty strong, putting out 70psi of oil pressure down the highway and 30 at idle. It never gets over 180 degrees. It runs great, shifts fine, and looks good. I have taken it to a few car shows and while not a show winner, it gets lots of attention and lots of discussion.

The cons: The paint is not original. It was repainted red but was originally Steel Cities Grey. In poor lighting, generally flourecent lighting, you can slightly tell that the front clip color is slightly off from the rest of the body. I consider the paint a 10 footer. Beyond 10 feet it looks great, but inside 10 feet you start to see some very minor scratches, etc. (SEE THE LINK TO THE PICS). At the last car show, I spent about 25 minutes getting a Corvette buff to see where the difference was in the color, so it is not noticeable under regular sunlight, only seems to come out under flourecents. It has the original exhaust. yes, it needs to be replaced. While it appears to have new rubber brake lines up front, I don't believe the brakes have been replaced with SS, but I also don't know that they haven't. They do not leak and they stop evenly and well, but could use new pads. The A/C is not currently functioning. The carpet is in good shape except behind the seats it has some wear on the ridge that is only noticeable when you lift the seats forward. I haven't had the car in the rain, but it does not leak when I wash the car by hand. It DOES leak when I run it through an auto car-wash. I understand that's pretty normal even if it had new seals. The radio has been replaced with an aftermarket that doesn't fit/look all that well. I have not taken it out to see if the bezel was cut. It does puff a slight amount of smoke at startup, but immediately dissapears, indicating valve seals.

I don't know what else I can tell you. I'm asking $13,000. Pretty firm on that price for outright sale. I may be interested in trades, particularly for another steel-bumper NOM vette (to customize), a 70-73 camaro, or other muscle cars. This car would not take much to double it's value. The car is located in Southern Wisconsin, about 1.5 hours from Chicago and 1 hour from Milwaukee.

Brian
bacchus@inwave.com

see pictures here:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/bac...rvette&.view=t
Old 08-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Default Re: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles (Bacchus)

TTT,

Also should mention, it includes a front end rebuild kit (tie rods, ball joints, center link, idler arm). I don't think it needs it, but I picked it up from a friend who sold his car. All Moog parts. I als have a brand new set of outside door handles. Also includes a Kenwood "corvette" radio, not installed.

Brian
Old 08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

TTT

No interest? Not the right price? Not the right car? What?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

The price doesn't seem unrealistic to me- and those are low miles indeed for a 72. :confused: , perhaps you should give it a little time. That's a :auto: cherry car, should be picked up, just have to wait for the right buyer, good luck, Bacchus, ! :cheers:
Old 08-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Default Re: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles (Rottenrob)

Thanks for the feedback. If I keep it over winter, I'll probably put new exhaust and brakes on it, fix the A/C, new carpet, and possibly new seals. Then I suppose it will sell even better, but higher :)

Brian
Old 08-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

BTT
Old 08-25-2003, 01:58 PM

Brian,

You may want to spend a few weekends detailing the engine compartment. From the photos it looks pretty untouched and original. You'd be surprised what a factory fresh look in the engine compartment does for a car. Surprisingly, cleaning and detailing an engine is pretty inexpensive and I think it gives a great return in shows, compliments, and may help in selling it. I have seen many cars that look great from a distance but when the hood opens, people just walk away if the engine is trashed. I know a good looking engine compartment helps in insurance and sales appraisals. Just my two cents worth. Here is a link that shows my engine compartment. I think you'll get the impression it can make. Good luck on the sell.
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/sho...hernC5&cat=500

Rick Church

[Modified by Rick Church, 7:00 PM 8/25/2003]
Old 09-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Default Re: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles (Rick Church)

TTT
Old 09-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

TTT
Old 09-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Clown Puncher
Instructor

Sweet car. I am working a deal for a 71 right now, but if it falls through... This is a great deal for someone. Good luck and we may be in touch. :chevy
Old 09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
glassvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles (Clown Puncher)

if your interested i have an 89 for sale or trade( need a C3 possible chrome bumper for the wife)......also could add my kawasaki eliminator in to sweeten the deal
Old 10-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Default Re: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles (glassvette)

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while. I still have the car for sale. I "might" be interested in trades, send me details on the car/bike at bacchus@inwave.com

Thanks gusy.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 72 coupe, auto, 65k miles