Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wannna buy my vette?

Old 08-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Wanna buy me vette
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone wannna buy my vette?

I have a 75 for sale.
I Purchased it when I was a senior in HS back in 99. Im now 23 and looking to purchase a bigger house and would like to sell it.

Here are the details:

75 vette, custom 82 style rear bumper molded on with no seam. Custom fromt bumper with recessed headlights, higher fenders, and a seamless front bumper also. Custom hood. The car is a black with gold fleck paint in it. I have both T tops for it, and a Tinted Thompson Astro top that was used 1 time sittin in the basement. Dark tinted windows.

This is what I was told when I purchased it in 99,
It has a 396 big block from a 69 Chevelle SS with 454 retangular port heads.
It does have an Edelbrock Carb and intake manfiold. It has an Accel distributer and coil with splitfire wires, and a K@N filter with xtreme flow top. Its cammed, dont know any specifics about it. It has headers, and straight pipes all the way back.
I was told it has a turbo 400 tranny.
I personally did the following to it.
It has a Be Cool Direct fit radiator, Felexalite dual elec pusher fans on the front of the radiator. An aluminum hi flow water pump, chrome 80 amp alt (might be 100, have to look) Now for the inside
I put new front carpet from ecklers, re did the whole back area, with the optima yellow top battery and cut off switch. A layer of Dynamat Xtreme under the carpet for noise and heat redux. New center console, drivers dash piece, a pillar pads, and much more from ecklers. I put cyberdyne digital gauges (that were installed back in 01, and now have 90 somthing miles on the car since then!!), I do have the stock gauges. I have new un used Cerwin vega 4 inch speakers in the front with custom grilles over the top. No radio. I have new door sills in the boxes, a full weatherstripping kit un used, new vents, and many other new pieces I purhased from ecklers several years ago.
It recieved a new windshield back in 99, but I have drivin the car less than 500 miles since then!! I have a sidewinder alarm installed also.
I have a set of KMC Venom wheels 17 inch (320$ each) with Micheline Pilot XGT ZR4 (180$ each) on the car now. They have less than 200 miles on them, you can still see the lil rubber nubs. Those will be extra. You can buy the car with those, or with NO wheels, or I do have the set of Keystone Classics that came with the car when I bought it.
Now for more details.
I dont have the wipers on the car, as I never drove it in the rain, I thought it looked cleaner. I do have the wipers, motor and switch all in boxes. The paint is bubbling in a few places. It could be repainted or driven as is Its noticeable up close, but not from far away. There are some scratches and chips. There are no door panels, as my father threw them away back in 99. There is a drain on the battery (i think its the dome light wire) as for the reason for the cut off switch. The car has the original seats, that need to be recoverd, but I do have black "fuzzy" seat covers on them. There is no radio, the center dash where the radio and gauges are is piece of ABS plastic, for the gauges, as the stock piece broke. The wipers are not installed, as I never drove it in the rain. The car has been sitting i my garage for the last year in a half, and at my parents for the year before that. The front drivers caliper is now leaking. When I try to start it, it shoots flames out the carb!! :eek: I KNOW the wires are in the right postition, I "think" the dist. gear is off a tooth. The drivers window spring is broken, so it goes down fast, and if you let it go down all the way, it will "stick". You need to pull it back up while pushing the pwr window button. I have the spring, just never installed it.
I have MANY MANY EXTRA AND STOCK PARTS FOR THIS CAR!! I have TONS OF RECIEPTS FROM SUMMIT AND ECKLERS!! Last time i added up, i "believe" its was in the area of $7000.

Basicly, its taking up all my garage room, and am lookin at purchasing a bigger house. I hate to let it sit there when i KNOW ITS A LOOKER!! It just needs some TLC that I cant give it..i dont have the time/money/knowhow for alot of it.

SO if anyone wants this and knows the basics about engines, im sure you could have it running and driving in a weekend.

I have and can take many more detailed pics to anyone who is interested.
Make an offer, i dont want it to go, but it must. IM from the ST Paul area of MN.

Email me at
malatosis@msn.com
or AIM at ACRneon97

It your not interested in this, care to give your opinion on what I should "ask" for it as it sits?
Thanks,
Chris M

[Modified by Wanna buy me vette, 5:28 PM 8/18/2003]
Old 08-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Wanna buy me vette
5th Gear

Default Re: Anyone wannna buy my vette? (Wanna buy me vette)

100 looks and no comments?
Is the car that big of a POS??? :cry

Anyone....tell me your thoughts? Burn it? LOL
Old 08-19-2003, 03:34 AM
FEDX
Melting Slicks

Location: A high school diploma fixing what a college degree broke TN
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'

It looks like a nice project car,it would help if you would put down roughly how much you have in mind to get for it. :cheers:
Old 08-19-2003, 06:54 AM
chrply
Racer

Default Re: Anyone wannna buy my vette? (FEDX)

It looks like a nice project car,it would help if you would put down roughly how much you have in mind to get for it. :cheers:
yea what he said :yesnod:
Old 08-23-2003, 09:51 PM
KevinZ
Instructor

WELLLL, How much?

:flag

Need to know more of price as that makes the most interesting part of buying.

:D
Old 08-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone wannna buy my vette? (KevinZ)

Ok, I will start...I will give you $4000 for it........without seeing it in person or it running....

:seeya
Old 08-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Wanna buy me vette
5th Gear

Default Re: Anyone wannna buy my vette? (Sharky Guam)

Sorry bout that guys, the replys go to my "spam" email addy, I dont check them every day.

Anyways, I was thinking of AROUND $5900 ,
I have to dig up the box of reciepts on this, and go over everything.
Anyone on AIM? Id love to talk to someone about this. Its just sittin and its kinda depressing me. :nonod:

Got a trailer? Wanna mod a C3 but dont want to mess with a numbers mathching car? This is a great base to start on!

[Modified by Wanna buy me vette, 7:47 AM 8/25/2003]
Old 08-25-2003, 08:30 AM
dmrodco
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be better off parting the car as in its current state its not worth the time to fix it right. it basically needs everything to bring it back from the KID zone. back to being a corvette :banghead:
Old 08-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Wanna buy me vette
5th Gear

"KID zone" as in..........???

Somthing I did? I dunno, the most of the stuff I put on was new stock replacement...except for the set of nice replacement wheels.....and the $1000 cooling system that has about TEN miles on it...thats right...from my parents to my place...pretty sad I have all this money into it with virtually no miles on it.

[Modified by Wanna buy me vette, 2:46 PM 8/25/2003]
Old 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM
C3POL82
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't let anyone bust your chops. That's a nice '75 hot rod. It is what it is. I'd rather have a big block than a stock 350 any day of the week; and originality isn't in question since you didn't make all those changes yourself and you aren't trying to hide anything. Six grand isn't out of the question if it looks and drives good. The price of an original '75 won't be much different than a modified car would be (it will be in 10/15 years), as long as it's in good condition. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone wannna buy my vette?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone wannna buy my vette?