Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:40 PM
rockcrawler
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 worth it?

I have found a 69 coupe (t-tops) that appears to be in good condition. Current owner has built up the 350 to close to 425 hp (bored/stroked/hooker headers/side pipes/cam/heads/etc). Rear end was rebuilt right after the new engine went in it ;) Fresh yellow paint on a good body/frame. Interior needs some clean up and minor mechanicals (1 window motor, some vac lines, etc). Current owner says its "75% complete with all parts to finish it" - he lost interest and is onto Harley's.

Help me out - what's this car worth? I realize there are a lot of variables, but give me a range....just to see if I'm in the ballpark.

[Modified by rockcrawler, 12:59 PM 8/12/2003]
Old 08-11-2003, 10:24 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 69 worth it? (rockcrawler)

Mirror motors? Mirror motors? :confused: Depending on the condition of the frame, trim, interior that is there, paint, etc I'd say it's about a $8k to $10k car. What exactly does it need to be complete and a good driver quality car? How are the door panels, dash, seats, console, etc?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Chevyguy1973
Intermediate

Crawler,
I thought rockcrawlers were into jeeps, scouts and stuff like that. My little brother is a member of Kansas Krawlers and really gets into going places I only take pictures of.
Anyway, back to the 69 Vette. I don't claim to be an expert in car values. Lord knows I over paid for my 73 Vert, but I haven't seem many chrome bumper Vettes on this end of the country go cheap. If you can get it in the 8-10 range mentioned above, it's probably a pretty good deal. But I wouldn't be surprised if that won't buy the car. In any case, good luck and happy hunting.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:12 AM
rockcrawler
2nd Gear

Default Re: 69 worth it? (sb69coupe)

Ok....a little more info......

The door panels were recently replaced. The carpet is new and the seats are original and have been rebuilt (new upolstery and padding). Supposedly only needs window seals/felt replaced, some vac lines, drivers window motor (included but not installed), and a few other "minor" things. Paint is not perfect (couple rock chips), but looks good and was jst done 2 yrs ago. I *think* everything else is good.

The guy is advertising it for $15k in the paper....since he's a good friend of mine, I told him he was out of line and offerred $9k. He countered at $10k and I re-countered at $9500. He was going to talk to his wife and get back to me - in the mean time I have spoken to the mechanic that did the engine work and the rear end. Now I wait and see.

Thanx for the help.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

I would not pay more than 8500 for it

Get notified of new replies

To 69 worth it?

Quick Reply: 69 worth it?