Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1972 Blue Corvette in KC

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 09:35 PM
taylor34
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 1972 Blue Corvette in KC $17k

Putting my car back up for sale. I've owned it for 11 years. I previously had it for sale (more like a firesale, lol) 6 years ago in this thread that has some better pics and more information:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tte-in-kc.html

I've done some work since then though, mainly:

wipers now work
brakes were redone
added sub + speakers + amp so the stereo is frankly great
wiper door now works correctly
got new tires a while back
redid the dash and everything with LED's
new led headlights that are way better than before
car runs great. I just got it out tonight, started right up, drove fine.

the still not great:

still needs paint. It's not really getting any worse (as you can probably compare the pics from 6 years ago till now) but still needs it
when the headlights are on, the blinkers don't work due to the led's. Needs one of those led flasher things I think
I converted the rear taillights to have led's 4 across, round halo effect. However, the led rings caused radio interference so it needs to be reversed. I have the lenses to do it.
leaks a little fluid. I think transmission mainly (I don't know, I was just told that). Showed picture of the concrete where it's been sitting for the past 11 years for you to judge for yourselves
has 126k miles. I've put on like 2000 miles over 11 years
still needs rubber seals, leaks water
and other things listed in the other thread

I haven't had in the rain ever since I've owned it. Only know it leaks because of taking it to the car wash when I first got it.

$17k takes it. I've looked at the threads here and I think that's well under what most people would be asking. Last time I tried for two weeks to sell it and got no takers (nobody even came to look at it), and after driving a c5 I decided to keep the c3. Looking back, I'm still shocked no one grabbed it at that price, that was a complete steal, lol. In any case, if it doesn't sell this time I'm just going to buy a 4 post lift. I would prefer not to do that, but that's the backup plan. Send me a PM if you're interested and I will try and be as honest as I can with it. I'm not really a car guy but I tried to do the repairs I could with this on my own and hired the other stuff out.

Last edited by taylor34; 04-18-2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:41 PM
taylor34
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I cleaned up the interior tonight, didn’t realize how dusty it was when I took the first pics. Looks much better now.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:01 PM
taylor34
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Sale pending

Get notified of new replies

To 1972 Blue Corvette in KC

Quick Reply: FS: 1972 Blue Corvette in KC