Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: SOLD. 82 bright blue vette (suffolk co. Ny) SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 12:59 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Default SOLD. 82 bright blue vette (suffolk co. Ny) SOLD!

I'am the 4th owner of this 1982 Bright Blue Vette with 49,229 original miles. All original drivetrain. Dark Blue interior. I have owned the car for a little over 2 years and have only driven it less than 1,500 miles. The car runs great and is mechanically sound. I have spent some $$$$$$$ to get it to where it is now. The car paid a visit to Vette Doctors where they got it running correctly. I have documented all repairs and upgrades. Too much to list, see photos of the lists. Paint is a 7 out of 10. Interior is a solid 8 out of 10. Everything works as it should, including the A/C that has been retrofitted. Heat, Defroster, fan, lights all work properly. Many, many parts, sensors and gaskets have been replaced to get it to where it is now. Previous owner changed the shocks to Bilstein shocks and the mufflers to Magnaflows. Many of the dash and console pieces were just recently replaced, including all the lenses. Dash lights and gauge lights have been upgraded to LED ( except the turn signal and warning lights which were replaced with new, standard 194 bulbs. Brand new Kenwood radio was also installed with the new Gauge bezel. Rust free birdcage and under carriage. The only thing that was left for me to do was re-spray the front clip. The shipper(Montway) that deliver the car to me, damaged the front bumper(see photos). The hood and fenders will also need a re-spray to make the car near perfect. In addition to all the new parts installed, new owner will receive 2 bins of extra parts. Most are brand new. Included are owner's, assembly and repair manuals, AM/FM cassette and AM/FM eight track radios and much more. I was planning on keeping this car. I came one week away from getting the front painted. I wound up purchasing a new C8. Car is located in Sufflok County, New York. Personal inspections are encouraged and welcomed so there are no surprises. Please contact me here or message me for more information. Asking price is $12,000.

Car cover from Carcovers.com is also included

Last edited by Sabre34; 02-24-2023 at 06:10 PM. Reason: sold
The following users liked this post:
skb40466 (02-23-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 07:35 PM
JimmyS5600
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice car,wish it where closer to me
Old 02-23-2023, 04:43 PM
mikepss
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats a nice looking 82. I had a couple of questions, but your notes answered most of them. Fairly new tires, right?
I see you replaced the front calibers then a short time later replaced one again? Was it just a bad caliber they sold you ?
Would you have any concerns if someone drove it 1,500 miles home if they flew up there and bought it ? Would the car make such a trip ?
Old 02-23-2023, 05:07 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

I used to want That year back in school. Sweet ride. Does she have new calipers on all 4? Any other Performance modifications? The 85 mph speedo is Hilarious.
Old 02-23-2023, 06:24 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Originally Posted by mikepss
Thats a nice looking 82. I had a couple of questions, but your notes answered most of them. Fairly new tires, right?
I see you replaced the front calibers then a short time later replaced one again? Was it just a bad caliber they sold you ?
Would you have any concerns if someone drove it 1,500 miles home if they flew up there and bought it ? Would the car make such a trip ?
Yes, you're correct. I had to replace one of the calipers that was replaced. The car if safe to drive. I have been driving it ( not as far as 1500 miles) without any issues
The following 2 users liked this post by PARANORMAL:
Alwyn678 (02-23-2023), mikepss (02-23-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 06:27 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Originally Posted by Alwyn678
I used to want That year back in school. Sweet ride. Does she have new calipers on all 4? Any other Performance modifications? The 85 mph speedo is Hilarious.
All four new calipers, pads and hoses. Previous owner changed the mufflers to Magnaflows. Just a little louder than stock. Sounds nice
Old 02-23-2023, 06:39 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by PARANORMAL
All four new calipers, pads and hoses. Previous owner changed the mufflers to Magnaflows. Just a little louder than stock. Sounds nice

Looks very nice. I am doing my calipers now on my 74.
Old 02-23-2023, 07:36 PM
mikepss
Advanced

Yes, you're correct. I had to replace one of the calipers that was replaced. The car if safe to drive. I have been driving it ( not as far as 1500 miles) without any issues
I'm interested but would like to talk more about it. Im not sure how to send you my phone # , or for you to send me yours ? Any suggestions ?
Currently have an 80 (replacing the power brake booster at the moment) but have had an interest in the 82's for some time bc of the 4th speed in the trans.
If possible Id like to speak w/you tomorrow a.m. ?
I'm even spooky about posting my email but its ....47u59502eiidn//

Last edited by mikepss; 02-24-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:10 AM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Originally Posted by mikepss
I'm interested but would like to talk more about it. Im not sure how to send you my phone # , or for you to send me yours ? Any suggestions ?
Currently have an 80 (replacing the power brake booster at the moment) but have had an interest in the 82's for some time bc of the 4th speed in the trans.
If possible Id like to speak w/you tomorrow a.m. ?
I'm even spooky about posting my email but its "sowtrout@eatel.net".
Good morning. Someone is looking at the car this morning (Friday). If the car doesn't sell, I'll reach out to you. I see that you're new to the Forum. You may or may not have access to message me or receive messages yet. That would be the best way to exchange info, if needed. The car is also listed on Facebook market place.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:04 AM
mikepss
Advanced

Good morning. Someone is looking at the car this morning (Friday). If the car doesn't sell, I'll reach out to you. I see that you're new to the Forum. You may or may not have access to message me or receive messages yet. That would be the best way to exchange info, if needed. The car is also listed on Facebook market place.
Good luck with the sale.
Logistics were going to be a problem for me - 1500 miles is a bit of a stretch.
Im not new here, just a new account bc I couldnt find my old password. Thank you for the response, and I will now try to remove my email address from the earlier post.
Sorry I missed this one, nice car.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:55 AM
Kenneth Allen
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified

That's a solid price for a car that's been fairly sorted out the past few years....it almost looks like it's been on jack stands more than on the road since 2021. I'd almost suggest you are a few thousand dollars below value, but I understand. It's going to go fast if it isn't gone today.

With the C8, your jack stand time will be slim to none and you'll be able to enjoy quite the technological jump in vettes.....wow...congrats.

And good luck with the sale....you shouldn't need luck with it priced aggressively as it is.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:23 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Originally Posted by Kenneth Allen
That's a solid price for a car that's been fairly sorted out the past few years....it almost looks like it's been on jack stands more than on the road since 2021. I'd almost suggest you are a few thousand dollars below value, but I understand. It's going to go fast if it isn't gone today.

With the C8, your jack stand time will be slim to none and you'll be able to enjoy quite the technological jump in vettes.....wow...congrats.

And good luck with the sale....you shouldn't need luck with it priced aggressively as it is.
Thank you. I lost a few thousand dollars but I did not want to deal with some of the nonsense of people wasting my time. If I didn't purchase my C8, I would have completed the car. All the hard stuff was already done.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:25 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10, '14

car is sold
Old 02-24-2023, 06:09 PM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 769 Likes on 706 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

car is sold
Congrats on your sale. Thread closed.

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD. 82 bright blue vette (suffolk co. Ny) SOLD!

Quick Reply: FS: SOLD. 82 bright blue vette (suffolk co. Ny) SOLD!