Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Nice '72 4-Speed Coupe in Chicago $31,500

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 12:41 PM
JimmoVette
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Nice '72 4-Speed Coupe in Chicago $31,500

Not my car, but I've spoken extensively with the seller and he seems like an honest, great guy. Had the car 47 years and says it was garaged all the time and stored and not driven during winters. Matching numbers, fully optioned and he's a very motivated seller. A Forum member in the Chicago area offered to check it out for me, but I just purchased a similar car this week. If you're interested, PM me and I'll connect you to him. Happy driving!

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...471315457.html
The following 2 users liked this post by JimmoVette:
ElmrPhD (05-12-2022), Greg (05-11-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,837 Likes on 1,783 Posts

That's a good lookin' car.
The following users liked this post:
jr9170 (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 09:59 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Old 05-19-2022, 08:13 AM
Brad Maynard
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CL post was expired. Any idea if it is still available?
Old 05-19-2022, 12:32 PM
JimmoVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brad Maynard
The CL post was expired. Any idea if it is still available?
I'm still seeing it listed, so I'm assuming it's still available. I asked the seller to notify me when it sells to I can take down the other posts and also mark this one as sold.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...484091307.html
Old 05-19-2022, 06:03 PM
dinahmohumm
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the all time best colors on a C3
The following users liked this post:
Ken6460 (05-22-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 06:30 PM
JimmoVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by dinahmohumm
One of the all time best colors on a C3
Agree! My "new" '71 arrived last night!

The following 2 users liked this post by JimmoVette:
Greg (05-19-2022), seacliffe301 (05-21-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 08:06 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,935 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Greg
That's a good lookin' car.

They ALWAYS look better sitting in the green grass as they look lower.
However I think it is overpriced for a base engine coupe.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:14 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,369 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmoVette
I'm still seeing it listed, so I'm assuming it's still available. I asked the seller to notify me when it sells to I can take down the other posts and also mark this one as sold.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...484091307.html
Are you representing the seller here?
Old 05-21-2022, 12:35 PM
JimmoVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369
Are you representing the seller here?
Not really. I was interested in the car but bought another one. Just posting here for the members.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Coronette
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Quick update.

When this first posted, I called the owner and spoke to him. He seemed like an honest guy, and gave me the history of the car. By coincidence I had a friend in town (Chicago native who himself owned 2 C3s in the 1970s) who’d offered to check it out for me. The seller told me that he had a lot of interest after the ad was reposted here, and had a meeting with a prospective out of town buyer that day. So, the meeting with my friend did not happen. I’d assumed it had sold.

The owner reached out to me yesterday and said it’s still for sale. I am interested, but now have no way to check it out myself. I had an evening of out of state travel last night (which would have been a lot nicer if the flight attendant had made the guy behind me wear headphones while watching his show or whatever he was doing), and it would be impossible for me to see it this holiday weekend.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:59 PM
JimmoVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coronette
Quick update.

When this first posted, I called the owner and spoke to him. He seemed like an honest guy, and gave me the history of the car. By coincidence I had a friend in town (Chicago native who himself owned 2 C3s in the 1970s) who’d offered to check it out for me. The seller told me that he had a lot of interest after the ad was reposted here, and had a meeting with a prospective out of town buyer that day. So, the meeting with my friend did not happen. I’d assumed it had sold.

The owner reached out to me yesterday and said it’s still for sale. I am interested, but now have no way to check it out myself. I had an evening of out of state travel last night (which would have been a lot nicer if the flight attendant had made the guy behind me wear headphones while watching his show or whatever he was doing), and it would be impossible for me to see it this holiday weekend.
Few things: one, I know the owner said some guy came out a while back and actually ran a scope inside the birdcage and said it was in good shape. You could ask the seller for the guy's number. Apparently he didn't buy it because he was looking for a car that was more of a project that he could make a show car.

The other option is to Google Corvette/classic car repair shops in the area and pay someone to do inspection. I just did that with the car I bought in New Hampshire and the mechanic found a couple of issues which the seller fixed. He also did a stem to stern on the birdcage and gave it a clean bill of health. Of course you can always hire Lemon Squad but it seems that it's hit or miss in getting someone that actually knows classics even if you upgrade to the $279 classic car inspection. Another option is to post to the forum here and ask for someone in the area to look. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2022, 08:08 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,369 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmoVette
Few things: one, I know the owner said some guy came out a while back and actually ran a scope inside the birdcage and said it was in good shape. You could ask the seller for the guy's number. Apparently he didn't buy it because he was looking for a car that was more of a project that he could make a show car.

The other option is to Google Corvette/classic car repair shops in the area and pay someone to do inspection. I just did that with the car I bought in New Hampshire and the mechanic found a couple of issues which the seller fixed. He also did a stem to stern on the birdcage and gave it a clean bill of health. Of course you can always hire Lemon Squad but it seems that it's hit or miss in getting someone that actually knows classics even if you upgrade to the $279 classic car inspection. Another option is to post to the forum here and ask for someone in the area to look. Good luck!
OK, it does appear that you are representing the seller here. If you want to continue in that capacity, please refer to #1. Private and commercial sales in these selling rules for the requirements for listing a car that you do not own:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

You can send me the additions to your ad that meet these requirements. Until then, members can refer to the craigslist ad if they are interested in the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Nice '72 4-Speed Coupe in Chicago $31,500

Quick Reply: FS: Nice '72 4-Speed Coupe in Chicago $31,500