Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD : 1981 C3 Corvette 37k Miles Numbers Matching

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 01:32 PM
Ramets
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 249 Posts

I can't believe this is still available!!!!
Old 12-19-2020, 04:46 PM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump Still FS
Old 12-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 705 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Beautiful C3! GLWS!
Old 01-21-2021, 01:01 PM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Bump Still FS
Old 01-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Long_AV8R
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

Beautiful car. I got my 81 new and it only has 57k on it now, so I'm impressed with the low miles on this one and how nice the paint looks. Mine is a two tone silver/charcoal and its really a classy looking combo - like the anniversary kind of, bottom is darker though, and I will soon need to repaint as the silver faded over the years pretty bad. Anyway, I've never seen this color before, even on the lot when we got the 81 new. Most were two tone cars or white, red, and black, even beige (WTF?). But this color seriously looks nice. And in case you didn't know, the blue ones are faster, so there's that.

Only problem with 81's was that it was nearly impossible to find a BG car with a manual. So, its the only automatic car I drive. Mine was actually my fathers car and has a pretty sad story behind it (you can read about it in the "What's the story behind your C3 thread" if curiosity gets the better of you. He wanted an automatic for himself, but mostly he didn't want me learning to drive in a 4 speed Corvette. He actually drove it very little, and I drove it a lot more, but we kept the miles down on it and kept it 100% original. I bought my own 75 after I joined the Corps and the 81 just sat in a garage until my father passed.

I have always preferred the tunnel back C3's, but most people think this is the best of the C3's. Too bad there isn't enough power under the hood to beat a minivan in a drag race, but that can be fixed - just not here in Ca. Ever look at the axle ratios on these cars? Especially with the automatic, that's where they compensated to make it faster off the line, but they sacrificed top end to do it. Still very fun cars and they really do hold a corner well. And while I bash automatics its still a very fun car to cruise down the PCH with the tops off.

I'm sure whoever buys this is really going to enjoy it. I'll never sell my C3's.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 PM
Engage
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice car..... is the paint code 24?
Old 01-23-2021, 11:01 PM
pewter-FRC
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Engage
if it is, its the only one made
The following users liked this post:
Engage (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 04:17 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

PM sent
Old 02-01-2021, 10:30 AM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Engage
Originally Posted by pewter-FRC
if it is, its the only one made
I wish it was paint code 24 haha. It is actually paint code 28 - Dark Blue Metallic.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:38 AM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Long_AV8R
Beautiful car. I got my 81 new and it only has 57k on it now, so I'm impressed with the low miles on this one and how nice the paint looks. Mine is a two tone silver/charcoal and its really a classy looking combo - like the anniversary kind of, bottom is darker though, and I will soon need to repaint as the silver faded over the years pretty bad. Anyway, I've never seen this color before, even on the lot when we got the 81 new. Most were two tone cars or white, red, and black, even beige (WTF?). But this color seriously looks nice. And in case you didn't know, the blue ones are faster, so there's that.

Only problem with 81's was that it was nearly impossible to find a BG car with a manual. So, its the only automatic car I drive. Mine was actually my fathers car and has a pretty sad story behind it (you can read about it in the "What's the story behind your C3 thread" if curiosity gets the better of you. He wanted an automatic for himself, but mostly he didn't want me learning to drive in a 4 speed Corvette. He actually drove it very little, and I drove it a lot more, but we kept the miles down on it and kept it 100% original. I bought my own 75 after I joined the Corps and the 81 just sat in a garage until my father passed.

I have always preferred the tunnel back C3's, but most people think this is the best of the C3's. Too bad there isn't enough power under the hood to beat a minivan in a drag race, but that can be fixed - just not here in Ca. Ever look at the axle ratios on these cars? Especially with the automatic, that's where they compensated to make it faster off the line, but they sacrificed top end to do it. Still very fun cars and they really do hold a corner well. And while I bash automatics its still a very fun car to cruise down the PCH with the tops off.

I'm sure whoever buys this is really going to enjoy it. I'll never sell my C3's.
Thank you! The low miles have come from the fact that I am just not able to drive it much. It was more of an impulse buy of a first car and I soon realized that it's not entirely practical. Nonetheless, it is still a great car like you said. Unfortunate that it doesn't have as much power as it should in my opinion, especially being an American muscle car.

If what you say is actually the case of the blue ones being faster, I find that hilarious to be. That certainly would be something to boast about. The color adds about 50 hspwr haha. Overall still very fun to drive when the weather is right.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:32 AM
jadiaz96
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msherman01
This is a two owner 1981 C3 Corvette with only 37k miles on it. Extremely clean in excellent condition, numbers matching car. Garage kept and covered, has never seen snow in its entire life. In the three years of ownership, it has only seen about 1500 miles. Completely serviced everything is in perfect condition and it runs and drives smoothly. Serviced at County Corvette. Kept on a trickle charger so the battery never dies. All fluids are routinely checked. It has all the original manuals. This is a beautiful car that is only hand washed and I hope that the next person is willing to do the same. As for the options, It is an automatic, it has power windows and locks, Mirrored T-tops, it's a 5.7L 350cu in V8 engine, rear window defogger, cruise control, white letter tires, AM & FM radio, Roof Panel Carrier, and A/C.

More photos can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...5u?usp=sharing
I am asking for $19,750 OBO
I am located in Philadelphia, PA

Ver nice
Old 04-15-2021, 04:54 PM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Bump Still FS Adding Undercarriage Photos
Old 04-15-2021, 05:05 PM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Default Undercarriage Photos

Old 04-15-2021, 05:44 PM
lemcgrath
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Long_AV8R

I have always preferred the tunnel back C3's, but most people think this is the best of the C3's. Too bad there isn't enough power under the hood to beat a minivan in a drag race, but that can be fixed - just not here in Ca. Ever look at the axle ratios on these cars? Especially with the automatic, that's where they compensated to make it faster off the line, but they sacrificed top end to do it. Still very fun cars and they really do hold a chttps://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/19421057/10002/-1orner well. And while I bash automatics its still a very fun car to cruise down the PCH with the tops off.

First, let me say.... great car. I owned a 1980 Dk Blue and after the paint was vandalized had it painted this bright blue. As said the power was terrible - 190hp. However it was a comfortable road cruiser. I just wanted to mention that there are great Calif legal power solutions from Chevy. The factory makes an E-ROD solution for cars of this period with a full CARB number. You can buy stock (LS3 - 430hp) or supercharged (LS3 - 556hp). It is a lot more expensive than typical hot rod build but you are getting new, current, injected and ecu controlled corvette motor that is Calif legal. Having said that you still have to run a proper gas tank, evap lines etc to get your install certified but all doable. E-Rod Link
Old 04-21-2021, 11:54 AM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Bump
Old 05-11-2021, 09:55 PM
msherman01
Heel & Toe

Sold
The following 2 users liked this post by msherman01:
Kenneth Allen (05-14-2021), skb40466 (05-12-2021)

Quick Reply: SOLD : 1981 C3 Corvette 37k Miles Numbers Matching