Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wtb c3 lt-1

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:45 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtb c3 lt-1

Greetings from Germany again!

I am looking for a '70-'72 LT1 Convertible (not opposed to a nice T-Top though)
Must-have: MN, 4-speed manual, original colors/interior, rust-free frame/underside/birdcage, some documentation (eg. tank sticker, window sticker etc...)
Should have: PB, Tilt steering column
Nice to have: A/C (I know they are rare), PS, PW
Preferred exterior: Orange, Maroon, Blue, Red, Green
No go: Visible mods that require a lot of money to correct

I know this limits its a lot but don't want to waste anybody's time.....

Okay, I am aware there is concern with buyers from abroad. I am not from South Africa , would like to entertain a neutral inspector for appraisal (on my nickel) and organize transport from Germany. I also have a friend in the LA area who would help me with inspection and face to face payment.

Cheers,
Axel
Old 08-06-2014, 11:07 PM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbossman
Greetings from Germany again!

I am looking for a '70-'72 LT1 Convertible (not opposed to a nice T-Top though)
Must-have: MN, 4-speed manual, original colors/interior, rust-free frame/underside/birdcage, some documentation (eg. tank sticker, window sticker etc...)
Should have: PB, Tilt steering column
Nice to have: A/C (I know they are rare), PS, PW
Preferred exterior: Orange, Maroon, Blue, Red, Green
No go: Visible mods that require a lot of money to correct

I know this limits its a lot but don't want to waste anybody's time.....

Okay, I am aware there is concern with buyers from abroad. I am not from South Africa , would like to entertain a neutral inspector for appraisal (on my nickel) and organize transport from Germany. I also have a friend in the LA area who would help me with inspection and face to face payment.

Cheers,
Axel
Axel
The big question what are you willing to spend ??
Old 08-07-2014, 04:37 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Originally Posted by 530planeman
Axel
The big question what are you willing to spend ??
I had 35-40,000 in mind originally......but my assigned budget limit is pretty much in flux considering the offers I received so far.

Cheers,
Axel
Old 08-07-2014, 04:29 PM
dennis
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I had 35-40,000 in mind originally......but my assigned budget limit is pretty much in flux considering the offers I received so far.

Cheers,
Axel
Here's a fine example. think your unrealistic price wise

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111418125207?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Originally Posted by dennis
Here's a fine example. think your unrealistic price wise

Chevrolet Corvette Lt 1 | eBay
Yep, nice example. Sold, unfortunately. Already noticed in the meantime that I will have to stretch my limit for a fine car, likely to the mid 40th.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Axel,
I'm not sure that even the mid $40s buys a nice LT-! convertible. Certainly not one one with out any questions, or one that won't need work when it gets to Germany.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 08-08-2014, 08:34 AM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Axel,
I'm not sure that even the mid $40s buys a nice LT-! convertible. Certainly not one one with out any questions, or one that won't need work when it gets to Germany.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
dennis
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

Yep, nice example. Sold, unfortunately. Already noticed in the meantime that I will have to stretch my limit for a fine car, likely to the mid 40th.
didn't sell
Old 08-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

No disrespect Axel, but why post your budget figures? Keep those to yourself. No sense telling a potential seller how high you might go.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Mikeski
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You may want to check out gatewayclassicscars.com. They have red 1971 4sp convertible LT1 that has been restored for 50K.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
No disrespect Axel, but why post your budget figures? Keep those to yourself. No sense telling a potential seller how high you might go.

Hi Easy Mike,

I was looking for advise from the experts here so felt it would not be very polite to ask for help but be tight-lipped myself....
Old 08-11-2014, 04:19 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Originally Posted by Mikeski
You may want to check out gatewayclassicscars.com. They have red 1971 4sp convertible LT1 that has been restored for 50K.
Hi Mikeski,

Found this one already. Unfortunately, they decided to change the color during restoration.....

Cheers,
Axel
Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

I have 1970 Maroon/Black with white top conv. That I did a body on restoration & had the engine rebuilt. All dates & #'S match on the drivetrain including the smog pump. 4-speed with 3:70 rear end.TI & AM/FM with whitewalls & original spare. VERY nice LT-1 with a no hit body as it had original paint when I bought it. I have a POP & NICE tank sticker. Am asking 50,000.00. KEN Corvette is in AZ CELL is 260 927 6891

Last edited by kenba; 08-11-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:19 AM
TSAGG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tsag...?sort=6&page=1

Here is mine. Not listed for sale anywhere right now. All original colors, motor, etc. scored 91.9% for a Second Flight last year. Enough improvements to get me to Top Flight hopefully this October. If interested we can discuss price. Honestly haven't given that much thought recently as it depends on how it scores in October quite a bit.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Thanks a lot for the offers and responses I received so far. I am still in the process of sorting my own thoughts and preferences out since I am more and more toying with the idea of a C2......

Does anyone here know anything about this LT-1, e.g. history, background or has even looked at it?

Can anyone also provide feedback about the seller? Understand the sensitive nature so appreciate a PM.

Thanks and cheers,
Axel
Old 09-09-2014, 11:01 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Thanks a lot for the offers and responses I received so far. I am still in the process of sorting my own thoughts and preferences out since I am more and more toying with the idea of a C2......

Does anyone here know anything about this LT-1, e.g. history, background or has even looked at it?

Can anyone also provide feedback about the seller? Understand the sensitive nature so appreciate a PM.

Thanks and cheers,
Axel
Don't think you will find a nice #'S matching C-2 for 40 to 50,000.00. Good luck with your search. Remember the fun is in the hunt.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:44 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks and cheers,
Axel
Depending on how important originality is to you, among other things, I see the car is missing the smog pump, pulley, manifold rails, brackets & diverter valve.

Can be quite costly and extremely difficult to locate and install a working 100% correct, date coded smog system for these cars. From my experience its nearly impossible these days to locate a true LT-1 Air car that still retains its original smog system. Cars like that are more than likely part of a collection somewhere.

Good luck in your search...

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb c3 lt-1

Old 09-11-2014, 10:39 AM
SLOW84VETTE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TSAGG
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tsag...?sort=6&page=1

Here is mine. Not listed for sale anywhere right now. All original colors, motor, etc. scored 91.9% for a Second Flight last year. Enough improvements to get me to Top Flight hopefully this October. If interested we can discuss price. Honestly haven't given that much thought recently as it depends on how it scores in October quite a bit.
Is it for sale ??? PM sent
Old 09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
bigbossman
Cruising

Originally Posted by kenba
Don't think you will find a nice #'S matching C-2 for 40 to 50,000.00. Good luck with your search. Remember the fun is in the hunt.
Hi Ken,

Yep, I am painfully aware by now. If the right Vette comes along, I may have to find some more money under the mattress.....

Cheers,
Axel
Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Axel,
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
What about this one? 34K and looks real nice.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...atching-s.html

Quick Reply: Wtb c3 lt-1