Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 Black on Black-Matching numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:40 PM
tompands
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 Black on Black-Matching numbers

Unfortunately, I am being forced to sell my vette, that I have poured my secret savings into. If the wife knew what I have in this car, I'd be in a world of ****.
It's a 1980, numbers matching engine, the car has 35k on it.

Things I have done over the last 4 years:

Brakes-Pads,rotors,rebuilt all calipers,new steel jacketed rubber line, SS brake lines throughout, new master and booster.

All new shocks. All new wheels.Tires,Lug nuts and center caps

Completely rebuild front end to include all ball joints,tie rod ends, A-arm bushings, rebuilt Hydraulic cylinder.

New adjustable rear torque rods and new trailing arm with new emergency cables and shoes.

Transmission has been serviced and has had new modulator and mount.

fuel tank dropped and inspected(looked brand new inside)-installed new sender and hoses.

ENGINE COMPARTMENT:

Heads where completely done-reinstalled heads and original intake. Did air pump delete, New q-jet, new Distributor, 9mm wires, plugs, new water pump, A/C compressor, dryer and condenser, new wiper motor, all new vacuum line kit, new blower motor, oil pressure sender and coolant sensor.

Interior:

Has new carpet, new rear compartment doors and frame, seats were redone but I have a small 2in rip in drivers side(my fault), new leather console side panels, new rubber console arm rest, new console top, new ash tray and cig lighter, new sony stereo, center dash and main dash have been recarded, all bulbs replaced , steering column was sent to a rebuilder and every part was replaced. Has new Burlwood steering wheel. Floors are solid. new insulation, Door windows work but are slow. Has new head light switch.

AFTER I bought it , I found out about the birdcage issues with these cars and the windshield was cracked . That was the first thing I replaced . When the windshield was being removed, I kept my fingers crossed. I was lucky...the windshield was original and the cage was perfect, not a mark on it. I am the 3rd owner, the po was a fireman that was disabled in 1986, he parked it in a garage when he got hurt where it sat for 20 years. The first owner sold it in 1984 for a C4.
The car has original paint and needs a paint job. It still looks ok, but has some flaws. The Vacuum system needs work up front, cans need rebuilt/replaced. Clock does not work. A/C blows cold.

Shes a great solid car, that needs a little more tinkering with and a coat of paint...all the hard work has been done, it's been in my garage since I bought it(only comes out for a bath) and I've put maybe 100 miles on it in 5 years. $7500....not a penny less!

If you have any interest, contact me, Name:  00L0L_6Cceygp9P17_600x450.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  44.9 KB

Name:  00R0R_fAWKE4JBkf2_600x450.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  39.0 KBThanks, Tom
Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 PM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice car. I wish you were closer.