Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to find father's Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 01:24 AM
tmurph846
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find father's Corvettes

My father pasted away and I would like to find at least one of his old Corvettes.

1969 Corvette Convertible:
VIN: 1946795729222

1975 Corvette Coupe:
VIN: 1Z37J5S417799

Please help me out.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 AM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

It would be helpful if you could describe the cars and any details about your father's ownership: color, options, any modifications, when and where he owned them, and when and where he sold them. Good luck!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:54 PM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
It would be helpful if you could describe the cars and any details about your father's ownership: color, options, any modifications, when and where he owned them, and when and where he sold them. Good luck!

Yes, more detail is needed. I had a Daytona Yellow convertible years ago, but have no record of the VIN. Plus, the "5" in the '69 VIN you gave is supposed to be an "S".
Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 PM
71scgc
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

I wish I could find my Pop's car.
'58 fuelie J56 car. Royal Turquois with a white top. He was very successful in SCCA in this car.

I miss him badly. Good luck in your hunt.

Carter
Old 07-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
...It would be helpful if you could describe the cars and any details about your father's ownership...
Originally Posted by MidShark
......more detail is needed....
I disagree. The OP has both VINs of the cars he/she hopes to find. Further detail would only serve to satisfy our curiosity.

Tmurph846: consider a title search in state where the cars were titled when your father owned them.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:01 PM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
I disagree. The OP has both VINs of the cars he/she hopes to find. Further detail would only serve to satisfy our curiosity.

Tmurph846: consider a title search in state where the cars were titled when your father owned them.

I take the opposite view. I'm not doing a vin search for these cars, but if someone says for example that it's a medium blue '75 coupe with silver leather interior and aftermarket headers/side pipes sold in Pittsburgh, PA in 2008, the odds are decent that someone in that area has seen it.

Good luck with your search.

Terry
Old 07-13-2014, 01:15 PM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike

Then you missed the whole point of my post, Mike. Maybe the car he is looking for is the one I used to own (a 1 in 16,633 chance, I know) but I have no paperwork on the car, so I don't know the VIN. But if the car was known to be originally Daytona Yellow, with a 350/300 hp 4-speed, well, now we're getting somewhere. Pretty much like what Terry said. Also, title searches in a lot of states are fruitless due to privacy issues in the last few years.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by MidShark
...title searches in a lot of states are fruitless due to privacy issues...
I tend to agree (confidentiality laws), but they can sometimes give hints on where to look next.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
John 65
Le Mans Master

Received 403 Likes on 326 Posts

It would help a lot if you say what state or even what town the car was in when it was sold if possible.

I saw a similar post like this on the local Craigs list in my area last summer, it was posted in Jersey where the car was located when it was sold. In this case the prior owner was able to post a pic of it. As luck would have it I instantly recognized the car, because its been sitting on the property for so long, went to the house where it was parked and gave the owner the info.

I don't know if they ever worked out a deal, but that was a 20 year gap. Its a long shot, but with a little luck it is possible.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Just for fun I tried to google your VINs and saw that you had posted your question in several sites. Good job.

Getting the VIN out there may produce results, but you may have to wait a while.

I recently was (unwittingly) involved in reuniting a Daytona blue '64 coupe to the original owners son, while I was researching this car I was considering buying. The son had been searching for it for years, and I only happened to hook him up with it when I stumbled across an old posting of his that was much like yours. He bought it sight unseen that day!

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to find father's Corvettes

Quick Reply: Trying to find father's Corvettes