Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Two Top A/C 4spd Roadster Matching Numbers Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Karguy427
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 Two Top A/C 4spd Roadster Matching Numbers Project $6,800

I have for sale a very worthwhile muscle car project for less than the price of a similar Camaro. It is a true matching numbers 350 factory 4spd A/C two top roadster project. Yes it needs full restoration. But it is also a very desirable car in original Daytona yellow with black interior, soft top and factory removable hardtop. It obviously has been sitting for a while but the body is straight with only minor damage to the right front fender. The dash tag is gone but the frame stamps match the title, which match the engine and trans. I also have a State of Florida verification of VIN. The car has 90,000 original miles. Currently there is a 1978 350 engine in the car. HOWEVER THE MATCHING NUMBERS ENGINE HAS ALREADY BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT AND COMES WITH THE CAR. The engine rebuild cost over $2,400 having been bored, new pistons and completely rebuilt heads and a HP cam. Estimated HP is now 375hp. The car also has the original matching numbers 4spd trans. I have not tried to start the engine that is in the car, but it should run with new gas, fluids and plugs. Car rolls easy and tires hold air. The hard tops alone bring $1,000 on ebay. The completely rebuilt Vette small block is easily worth another $2,500. Has free and clear Florida title too. Car is in the Tampa Area of Florida. $6,800
Attached Images       

Last edited by Karguy427; 12-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Bruce42
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Karguy,

you mention the dash tag , is that the VIN on the windshield post. Do you have the trim tag near the drivers door. Was it kept outside with the roof off , looks like it needs new complete interior with dash. Are all the AC components on the car. The matching numbers engine does it have the matching heads with intake and carb.Do you have additional pictures of the engine compartment and underneath of the car.
thanks Bruce
Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes I would be interested in the same,please forward the pictures to wilduce64@msn.com thanks.......it's really a nice car. Ray
Old 11-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Karguy427
6th Gear

Yes,the thin metal VIN tag rusted away. I have a Florida Vehicle VIN Verification form signed notarized confirming the VIN from the frame. I found two corner pieces of the VIN tag inside the trim panel. The original trim tag inside the door jamb is still there and in great shape and it does show that it is an original 400 (black) trim code and 964 (Daytona Yellow) paint. The hardtop has been on it for at least ten years. The original correct and properly date coded heads are with the rebuilt engine and they too have been totally rebuilt with new valves and springs. There is a non-original aluminum intake and carb with the car on the engine in the engine bay. I do not have the originals. All of the A/C parts are still on the car with the exception of the compressor.
Attached Images     
Old 11-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Bruce42
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

the frame looks rotten, how is the birdcage it looks like it has a crack on the windshield post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Karguy427
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bruce42
the frame looks rotten, how is the birdcage it looks like it has a crack on the windshield post
The frame is solid. I thought with your comment you might have been from Arizona! It looks much better than most of the frames from your neck of the woods. It will need some work below the windshield on the passenger side.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Bruce42
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I am from Montreal, Canada,guess wrong. It looks rusted to me , regarding the windshield post it looks cracked. if the birdcage and windshield posts are rotten it is a big job to repair. I might know someone who can look at it for me in Tampa.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:30 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Please send pics to chstitans42@sbcglobal.net
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 PM
cmb7684
Intermediate

please also send pics to cmb7684@aol.com
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Karguy427
6th Gear

I have received the following PM about the car which seems to cover the most commonly asked questions so I will answer them publically for the benefit of everyone.

Tell me more about this Vette, and

1. the rust/Rot issues in the Frame & birdcage areas....

The car has a solid frame with no holes anywhere and solid "D" caps at the frame ends in front of the rear tires. There is some scale on the passenger side frame rail that will leave some pits after sandblasting. The front support crossmember and things like brackets have some rust in them. The sides of the birdcage look solid. The part right in front of the passenger seat below the windshield will need to be repaired or replaced.

2. Exterior,

The exterior is very straight and has good gaps. The passenger side door has the lower hinge bolts out so it looks like the door does not line up. There is damage to the right front fender that is possibly repairable if you know what you are doing. There is a crack above the driver's side rear bumper where the bumper was pushed into the body a touch.

3. Chrome,

The chrome is all driver quality but would need to be done if the rest of the car was fresh.

4. Interior,

The interior is all original to the car and needs to be done. It is 100% complete though and has the original steering wheel and radio.

5. Guages,

The gauges are all in very nice shape.

6. Seats,

They will of course need to be redone.

7. Soft top,

The soft top is in good condition, including the folding frame and both are in the car under the hardtop. However, again, if the paint were fresh the top would look dingy.

8. engine,

The engine that is in it is a 78 4-bolt main 4bbl C-10 truck engine that would run with fresh gas and points. I was going to yank it and sell it for about $800 when I restored the car. The original matching numbers engine is completely rebuilt with zero miles at a cost of over $2,400.

More pics....
Attached Images      
Old 12-07-2013, 09:41 AM
tonyro
Racer

Default Corvett

Is the car still for sale? Please send pictures to 2300hickory@comcast.net
Thanks
Old 12-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Karguy427
6th Gear