Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

74 4 speed full resto custom

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Acro74
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 74 4 speed full resto custom

Breaks my heart to post the car for sale, but life changes and no space to keep all the toys forces me to sell.

This is a 1974 with 35,000 original miles. This was a full frame off restoration with no details left behind. I used to own my own custom bike and auto restoration business and this project was my personal car.

Less than 1000 miles since restoration.
I have hundreds of pictures during the project. Literally about the only untouched items on the car are the trans and rearend as they were both in perfect condition. This car is complete from the all new suspension, wheels and tires to all brake and fuel lines. Interior carpet and storage compartment doors are new, the rest was a color change from saddle. New radio, quartz clock, all gauges work and have new light bulbs installed. Van Steel HD shafts and at VBP springs, rotors, calipers etc., Steeroids power rack, front sway bar, van steel trailing arms, rebuilt shifter, DeWitts Alum. Radiator with dual SPAL fans and controller.

Car was blocked and sanded 5 times during the restoration and is extremely straight. Door handles and locks have been shaved and auto door openers installed that operate off a remote. All weather stripping is also new. Paint is a Harley Davidson Black Cherry with a Lexus Sierra Silver pearl on hood. Ghost flames on lower panel near gills and on side of stinger hood. Hard to see on lower car as they are really just ghosted on. I never understood a $20,000 paint job on a fiberglass car that was not damaged until we did this car. I don’t know what I would have charged for the paint, but do know it would have been close to that considering the hours we had into it not to mention the HD paint was 5X the cost of standard PPG we used and I was dead set on that color. WE even sanded and smoothed the underside of the hood to look as good as the outside of the car.

Motor is not a number match, but if interested I know where original motor is and is probably available if needed. Motor is a new 383 stroker as seen, built by local race shop in my area, with stainless headers and exhaust. Have not run on dyno but guessing HP is well into the 400 range and very streetable with good mileage with the carb setup on this motor.

Rear bumper is new fiberglass w/ spoiler, front nose also new, both have been molded into the body eliminating the seams. Car also has 1972 removable rear glass.

The ONLY thing that needs to be done to this car is adjust windows and T-Tops and wheel alignment. The car is perfect, only thing I was not 100% happy with was the color dye on the seats and planned to re-spray or replace down the road.

PW, PB, AM/FM with ipod / USB hook-up.
Nitto tires on Foose rims.

There is just too much to list, if you have any questions please ask. Absolutely hate to sell this car, but have too many toys and not enough room anymore since selling my shop.

Sorry for the poor pictures, my camera was in a retro mode, I will upload better shots in the next day or so, also ignore how dirty the car is, just pulled it out of storage today. If you look up my profile and past posts here, you will find many more pictures from this restoration.

I have well over $40,000 in this car (not counting cost of the car) with the paint work. I am asking $25,000 no trades as I just dont have the room.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful car, GLWS...

Rogman
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Acro74
Instructor

Here are some better higher res shots. Still hard to capture the color of the car as it changes with the sun. Today was overcast and it looks darker with little metalic. In clear sun it gets really dark cherry with tons of metalic with dark undertones as it looses sun. Looks almost black at night.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Acro74; 04-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a stunning car.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Mikeski
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Bump for a beautiful car! If only I had the money. GLWTS
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Sooners74
5th Gear

WOW! Love this car one day I will have one
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Acro74
Instructor

Thanks guys!

I did find the issue with my camera and here are a few corrected images that better show how the car looks in person. It really does look that "wet" in person. Probably the best paint work my old shop ever turned out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-10-2013, 03:13 AM
URUSAINA
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 AM
jimo
Drifting

Very nice
Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 AM
navywolf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well done. That car looks magnificent.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Nesher
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful!
I'm in Rockford; how do I get in touch with you?
I didn't see a phone number in the post.

-Nesher
Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
ozzyrulesme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking 74.....love my 74!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Acro74
Instructor

Price dropped to $20,500.00

Get notified of new replies