Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 1974 coupe in Houston, TX with cold Classic Auto Air a/c-$7000

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
sickspeedvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1974 coupe in Houston, TX with cold Classic Auto Air a/c-$7000

Well, as is wont to happen, my life plans have changed and I must sell my '74 Stingray I got just a few months ago. The previous owner rebuilt the engine/trans/rear diff and they seem to be fine. I'm not sure of the miles on them but he told me less than 2000 and I've only put another 500 on it, probably. Supposed to be 350/350 combo. The trans has a mild shift kit that will chirp in 2nd gear if you're in it all the way. Engine has a mild cam and idles very well, a/c on or not. Recently rebuilt carb and installed new plugs/wires. PO also painted it a Porsche metallic orange but didn't prep well so there are some problems when you get up on it, but it looks like a million bucks from a few feet away. A great driver paint job that you don't have to be worried about every time you hit the freeway or park in a busy parking lot, but still gets looks everywhere you go. All the lights work though the driver's side actuator could stand to be replaced if you drive at night much as it has a slight leak. It still comes up, just not all the way sometimes. Tilt/tele column was just tightened up and doesn't flop like a lot of them. Black interior has many new parts including carpet, console, ebrake cover, and door panels. I put white face overlays on the stock gauges and they all work, except, of course, for the clock. Manual window regulators work good. No radio or speakers but those are cheap and I thought it better to let the new owner pick that out for themselves so I can sell it for less. Has Classic Auto Air a/c installed and works great. Sanden compressor that weighs much less than stock and less parasitic drag on the engine is a must-have addition to these cars. I installed the Foose Legend wheels 17x8 front and 17x9 rear and lowered it to a nice stance. Steering works good, brakes work good, altogether a nice driving car. This is my fifth corvette and I had hoped to keep it a long time, but my wife and I have decided to sell off everything, buy a sailboat, and take off. The boat is bought, so I need to sell this thing. Clean Texas title in my name ready to sign over. $7000 firm. You can call or text me on my cell-936.520.3810 Thanks guys.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
sickspeedvette
Racer

Also, I have all the stuff to put the horn button back on and the horn works electrically, so it's just a matter of getting a new horn button and putting it all together. Wipers work. Needs seat belts rebuilt or new ones, but they're there.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
sickspeedvette
Racer

Front and rear bumpers are fiberglass. Has the center grill installed since it's registered as an antique and doesn't require front license plate.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Johnmgarr
2nd Gear

Default Nice vett

My wife recently gave me permission to start my midlife crisis, so I'm looking for a project car. I conveniently live in Bay City, Texas, which is about an hour south of Houston. Please call me if you are willing to negotiate. 9794296129. Thank you.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnmgarr
My wife recently gave me permission to start my midlife crisis, so I'm looking for a project car. I conveniently live in Bay City, Texas, which is about an hour south of Houston. Please call me if you are willing to negotiate. 9794296129. Thank you.
Negotiate? If the car drives well, and is free of rust and the drive train strong?

You might be pretty challenged to do any better than $7,000 for a car like this. The wheels and tires alone, assuming they fit your taste, are something you'd drop at a minimum $1,500 for. If I subtract that your getting a pretty darn good car for approx $5,500.

At his asking price "negotiate" is very secondary......."speed" is the important issue.

If you really want it? Better get down there soon or this one will be gone.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Johnmgarr
2nd Gear

Default 74 Vette

Krystal, I truly appreciate your candor. Sickspeedvette, I'm still looking if you care to visit with me. It never hurts to talk. As stated before, I have the means, and the motivation.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM
lcardenas6
2nd Gear

Car still available?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 PM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by lcardenas6
Car still available?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

No response, no posts in 10 months. PM the OP if you have a question.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1974 coupe in Houston, TX with cold Classic Auto Air a/c-$7000

Quick Reply: F/S 1974 coupe in Houston, TX with cold Classic Auto Air a/c-$7000