Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 convertable big block 33k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
topls69
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 1969 convertable big block 33k miles MI, $15000

I have a 69 convertable that I dont have the time for and I want the space back in my garage. Im asking $15,500.Its not numbers matching. Im no expert but from what a guy who collects them told me when he was inspecting on a hoist its an LT1 car. It had rear exhaust and the side pipes were added. originaly it was fathom green with green interior, the exterior is burgandy now with green leather interior, black hard top and cream soft top, the car was repainted in 99 its not show quality but in good shape. No body damage ever and the only spot of rust is at the radiator support. It was originally from California and was shipped to Michigan about 6-7 yrs ago. pretty much everything but the paint, engine and exhaust is original.
This is a manual car, no power brakes, no power steering, and its a manual 4 speed with aluminum case and bell housing.But it does have power windows.
The engine is a VERY healthy full roller 454 with maybe 50 miles on it. 10.5:1 compresion, runs on pump gas.Its a 4 bolt block, GM steel crank, GM dot rods w 7/16 ARP rod bolts, Balanced, 1969 ported heads with 2.190/1.880 stainless valves, 10* locks and retainers, race push rods, stainless roller rockers, Comp Cams Motha Thumper roller camshaft. Every bolt on this engine is ARP. Holley 770 street avenger carb with holley street dominator intake. March serpentine pulleys,aluminum water pump. MSD Pro Billet distributor with tach drive, 6AL ignition box and MSD wires. 1970 Cal Customs valve covers on top make this engine look awesome and period correct.
I had the radiator disassembled, cleaned and resoldered when the engine was out.
This car isnt perfct and I dont want to mis lead anyone, the known issues with this car are the odometer quite working about 3 yrs ago and I have maybe put 200 miles on it since then, the speedometer reads fast somtimes and slow sometimes, I just use my gps... I was told by several people that its probably the cable, but I dont have time to drive it letalone work on it anymore. The clock does not work. The door strikers need to be adjusted or at least thats what I was told, the drivers side opens kind of tough with the outside handle and the pass side doesnt from the outside, but they both work great from the inside. The doors both align perfectly though. the radio is not original but I have 2 working originals that go with the car. I also have a small gauge cluster mounted under the dash because I couldnt trust the 40 yr old ones. The rear passenger side wheel bearing is loose and needs to be replaced eventually.
Its a pretty nice car but does need a little work, it is old. Its deffinetly a muscle car more than a sports car, Its fast, Its loud and Its fun. I get lots of compliments, even from the police when I go rumbling through town. you can call me or text me at 616-308-1342 with any questions and Ill do my best to answer them. If there is certian pics you want or a video so you can hear it let me know and Ill do my best to acomodate.the car can be sean in Wayland, Michigan.
Well I just wrote all this out and havent figured out how to atach pics so ill post them as soon as I figure it out, if you send me a email or text# Ill send some to you asap.

Last edited by topls69; 07-27-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: price reduced
Old 02-26-2014, 04:53 PM
aschmitt23
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still available? Pictures?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Ad is 1.5 years old with no posts. PM the seller.

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 convertable big block 33k miles

Quick Reply: 1969 convertable big block 33k miles