Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1966 Roadster Project Big Block 454, Sale or Trade

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
mikem350
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 92 Posts

Default 1966 Roadster Project Big Block, Sale or Trade

66 roadster, 4 spd Muncie, 454

Yes this is the C3 forum, but....looking to sell but will consider a 68-72 C3 trade or musclecar. Here's your chance before it goes to Ebay. The car needs to be put back together, as shown in the pics, the "BEFORE" pic is before teardown started and shows the other body parts. The expensive chassis work is all done, you need to finish paint and interior.

The engine/drivetrain is not original but but has been completely gone through. Please read the whole description and click the link at the bottom; will post more pics later.

Asking $29,500 USD

Vin: 194676S101287; Nassau Blue 976AA; Int 450BA, wht/blu, stunning IMHO

This was a COMPLETE RUNNING BB car before I started the restoration. My goal was to turn it into a nice original looking L72 450 horse 427. This is a early '66 vin so the 450 HP rating applies. The car was reported to me as an original BB with no supporting docs.

The body is very straight no damage (all original fiberglass) and the bonding strips even show thru the faded paint. No flares, hacking, or 6 tail lights. There is some rust in birdcage area, lower winshield, I am not expert there but was told this was a FL car all its life. I was going to leave as is. The chassis had rust and was replaced with a ’79 frame after stripping and painting. EVERYTHING on the frame was replaced including trailing arms, brake calipers, rotors, fuel, brake and suspension hardware. Sombrero bushes new too.

The 4 spd Muncie, Hurst shifter, and rear trailing arms were professionally rebuilt; the posi rear is from the ’79 donor car (3.55 ratio). Added (NEW) BB side yolks with threaded caps and bolts. Drive shaft was re-balanced and all U Joints were replaced. Flywheel was resurfaced with new clutch kit.

The motor is a '73 LS4 454. Heads are Hi Perf rectangular port L71 tri-power 68 Vette. Casting number 3904391, new valves and guides 107cc. These are valuable heads and work great on a 454! Intake is stock L-72 Winters alum. the best performing manifold that fits. New main+rod bearings cam lifters rocker arms pushrods timing chain oil pump fuel pump. Never fired. Can be easily returned to original look period correct with bolt ons.

Exhaust is 2½ inch all stainless steel Magnaflow SS muffs and new Hedman Jet Coated headers. With new correct stainless tips.

INCLUDED, not shown in pics:
Radiator, Distributor (tach drive)
Conv Top (needs resto) Air Cleaner
Bumpers and Brackets
Headlight Motors (rebuilt)
BB front and rear sway bars
steering wheel, steering column, pedal box (both rebuilt)

Whats Missing..Seats, Carb

Summary..Car is 100% complete...except for seats. They did not come with the car, and I do not have replacements, sorry. But, you do NOT have to scrounge any brackets, pulleys, etc. Major mechanical work is done, you need to complete paint and interior. Body is sitting back on frame, and is attached with body mount bolts for transport. Doors, hood decklid, all there. You can have the body dolly if you want.
email
mikem350@bellsouth.net
Location Sunrise FL, 33323, I can help w shipping via flatbed

Click here for pics:
http://s1307.photobucket.com/albums/s597/mikem350/

Last edited by mikem350; 02-09-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Price Reduced!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM
mikem350
Melting Slicks

Ed,
Thanks for your response! I tried to pay attention to all the small details to make a reliable, fun to drive car, but can be returned to original via simple bolt ons. The body is all stock too.

Looking forward to seeing you in FL soon
Rgds, Mike
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
mikem350
Melting Slicks

ttt
price reduced
Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Shift_Happens
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 47 Posts

PM sent
Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM
steved400
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike

Please tell me you haven't done all that body on and off with the Carb and Distributor holes wide open

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 Roadster Project Big Block 454, Sale or Trade

Quick Reply: 1966 Roadster Project Big Block 454, Sale or Trade