Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS-1979 Corvette, nice original southern car

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Default FS-1979 Corvette, nice original southern car

This is a nice original 1979 Corvette, bought new in Memphis, and spent it's whole life in Tennessee Valley area. Car has 86,600 original miles and is factory equipped with original base 350 engine, automatic transmission, P/S, P/B, A/C (not working, but equipment all there).

This is a matching numbers car. Original paint has been touched up in spots over the years, no evidence of significant damage anywhere. Car is originally red exterior, red leather interior. The rally wheels in the picture are original, and trim rings and center caps are included. Original carb was recently rebuilt and this car starts right up and runs great.

Rear trailing arms were recently rebuilt (by Bair's Corvette, one of the best in the business) and installed with new rear shocks. New front shocks are still in the box, and go with the car. Car has new stainless steel sleeved brake calipers and brake pads all around. The aftermarket steering wheel in the pictures is NOT included, but I have the original red leather wrapped steering wheel (which is worn).

I drive this car regularly, and I have taken it to work on many occasions. Original radio is gone, and I do not have a replacement. Car could use cosmetics but is a solid, rust free original southern car with no evidence that it has ever had any significant damage.

I am selling because I have too many cars, and not enough time. This Vette needs nothing to be a daily driver. Hop in it and go. I am not interested in any trades. Car is located in Huntsville, AL area.

Original power steering hoses started leaking. I have a new set of replacement P/S hoses that go with the car. I'll put them on if it doesn't sell soon (when time and my sore back permit).

Price reduction to $5500.

Last edited by emccomas; 05-20-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
couperdecar
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kinda money did Blairs charge for the trailing arms? Looking to have it done myself.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
ikkarus1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the heater, defrosters, blinkers, brake lights, blinkers, head lights, and windows all work?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ikkarus1
Does the heater, defrosters, blinkers, brake lights, blinkers, head lights, and windows all work?
Yep, only thing that doesn't work is the A/C. Never had it looked at. Manual windows on this car.

Original radio is long gone, but easy to replace.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by couperdecar
What kinda money did Blairs charge for the trailing arms? Looking to have it done myself.
Best to call and get a quote. Price depends on how much you want done. I went for a complete rebuild with riveted rotors.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 AM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 309 Posts

Don't you love how they punched the window crank stem right through the map pockets? I sure could use that turn signal lever for my 79. Yeah I know, 6500 and its mine, lol. TTT for a solid southern 79, and good luck with the sale.

Get notified of new replies

To FS-1979 Corvette, nice original southern car

Quick Reply: FS-1979 Corvette, nice original southern car