Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Corvette Convertible Nos. Matching

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 1970 Corvette Convertible Nos. Matching

[/IMG]1970 corvette convertible. Classic White with std. black interior. PB,PW, PS, TT, and AM/FM Stereo. Black top is in very good condition. L46 350/350 4 spd. It is the original engine with VIN and code on pad as it should be. Built June 6th 1970.

The car was sold in Oregon when new. Spent the majority of it's life in Texas. I purchased it from a guy in Maryland who bought the car in Texas. He had it about a year before I bought it. The odometer has turned over and reads 17,xxx.

It runs absolutely perfect. She will start right up and even the automatic choke works. No smoking or tapping at all. The motor has never been out of the bay. When I restored the engine compartment I pulled the intake and had it glass beaded before I put it back on. Top end was super clean and obviously well maintained. Pulled the oil pan when I did the timing chain. It was really really clean so the oil had been changed on a very regular basis. Put in a Cloye double roller chain. Used a one piece oil pan gasket since I hate oil leaks.

Completely rebuilt original Q-jet. (Still has Julian date code)
Completely rebuilt original distributor
Correct Dated water pump
Radiator recored with correct core using original brass tanks
Restored rust free radiator support
New engine mounts (one GM one non GM) I have since picked up another GM mount (Not installed)
Original Fuel Pump
Rebuilt and restored Original PB booster (Has date code)
Rebuilt and restored original master cylinder (Still has julian date code on it)
Restored original shoulder harness belts and retractors. (Had original tags sewn back on them)
New seat covers and foam. (Restored the seat frames before putting covers on)
Re-chromed the seat hinges and all other seat related items to show quality
All gauges have been restored to like new NCRS condition. I installed the quartz movement in the clock and it keeps perfect time.
Rebuilt and restored tilt and telescoping wheel.
Refurbished main wire harness. Replaced all other wire harnesses with correct harnesses including NOS front harness.
New carpet. Original floor mats that came with the car (They are not perfect but how cool to have the originals.)
All original T-3 headlights (Not sure how but that is how I got the car. Kinda cool on a 40 year old car)
All new rebuilt calipers with the no leak seal design. I painted all four with black ceramic paint before I put them on.
All new aluminized exhaust system including original type chrome exhaust tips.
Exhaust manifolds were jet hot coated so they will never rust.
Engine painted in original orange.
Very detailed and NCRS correct engine compartment. (There are a few items I would change if the car were to be judged)
All GM chrome in very nice condition. No pitting but Chrome is 40 years old. You would be very surprised at how nice he chrome is.
When I did the interior I re chromed all the gauge bezels and detailed them out with correct finishes.
All fiber optics work perfectly.
Headlights go up and down like new.
Restored original 5 port wiper motor and washer.
Completely restored power steering pump and reservior
All power steering components replaced or restored.
New NOS idler arm
Restored and rebuilt original PS box.
Original rally wheels, trim rings, and center caps.
Excellent rubber. (If I do not sell her I will put on radial T/As and 15" Foose Wheels)
Fiberglass is all original. The has been some minor repair from parking lot type accidents on Driver's side rear quarter. You can see the minor repairs from underneath.
Still has some original grease pencil markings on the body which is pretty neat.
Removed windshield and restored the frame. Nothing but superficial scale. Treated with Por 15 so it will never rust.
Original side glass. Correct windshield from another corvette. It is an original but not original to this corvette. In fact I bought it from a forum member.
I disassembled the entire window assembly in each door, cleaned and lubricated while apart.
New GM door handles.

I may have forgotten a few things but this is a good start.

This is what it still could use. May be some other minor items and will be happy to answer questions. (almost all work complete)

Paint update. All paint work was done including color sand and buff.

The top is not perfect and does not meet NCRS judging standards. No holes just some very minor wear on the driver's side corner.

Missing some small rubber seal on the top frame.

Rear strut rods are newer style and not correct for judging purposes. Actually stronger but not as original.
Front cross member has a dent since some previous owner thought he could place a jack there. It is cosmetic only.
Wiper door vacuum works but I am still working on getting the motor to work. Motor is now working as it should too. 11/27.

I have the door locks that are not installed in the video. (Installed now) The wiper door is just not installed yet but of course is included along with the fender moldings. Wiper door and all moldings installed. Wiper door works perfect.

Price is $27,500. Car is in MD in my garage.

I just completed a fluid change for the Trans and Rear. The posi was chattering and changing the fluid and adding the GM posi additive solved the problem.

You can see a video by clicking on the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFdE-7a7doU

I can also be reached on my cell phone at 301-440-0838.

I am selling because I found an LT-1 Convertible I would like to own.

Last edited by 1974ta; 03-11-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Add Pics
Old 11-13-2010, 10:43 PM
longbros
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't actually seen the car, but I have talked with Bill about it many times. Sounds like a great 70! Good luck with your sale.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:40 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the kind words Longbros.

I was out earlier today cruising with my son right after I shot the video. In fact I drove right through Ijamsville on 75 and 80. I like to go down 27, up 355 to 75, go 80 back to 27S and on home.

Bill

Last edited by 1974ta; 11-13-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Add a thought
Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A link or photos within your ad would increase your possibilities of a sale by 10 fold.....Just saying....

If you would like, PM me and I will send you my e-mail address. Then you can send me about 10 photos and I will host them for you.

Stay in tune....

Last edited by GREGG-73; 11-14-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 AM
mar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'sounds' like a terrific car!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 AM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the advice Gregg. Below is the Youtube link. Just click below to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFdE-7a7doU

Bill

Last edited by 1974ta; 11-14-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Bill,
Your car looks VERY good in the video.
I had NO idea you were looking for a new home for it.
350 hp convertible... what's not to like?
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the compliment.

I am a little torn and I will sell it for the price listed. My daughter starts college next year so I was thinking a little extra cash might be handy. I frankly do not expect it to sell for that price in this market. You never know until you try.

I am not real keen on selling it. It is running absolutely perfect. I really had no idea how quick the 350/350 was until I got her running right.

It sounds a little better today than in the video I shot just yesterday. I replaced the exhaust donut on the pass side. There was a small annoying leak.

If it doesn't sell I will continue to make improvements and continue to take steps towards maybe having her judged one day.

Bill
Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 AM
jimo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great, good luck with the sale
Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
GD70
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it were 6 years from now and this was for sale I'd buy it! VERY NICE and well optioned vert!!!
Good luck with your sale.
I'd love to see a video of you going through the gears now that you have it running right!!
Glenn
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 PM
NSTY C5
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking 1970Corvette, One of the best years.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:26 AM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Thanks for all the compliments.

I may shoot another video if it is nice this weekend with me going through the gears. Just another excuse to go through the gears

Bill
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Ttt
Old 11-20-2010, 08:54 AM
GD70
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a bump for ya! I've have mine listed since last April. A deal is pending now, but it took 6 months. Hang in there, times are tough.
Still waiting for that video!!
Glenn
Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Hi Bill.

Nice video. NICE car too.

Here's a "TTT" for you. Was good talking with you the other day.

As you know the entire collector car market is in the dumpster right now with the current economic situation. If possible, it might be wiser to try to hold off till things improve.

Chuck
Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

If you get an extra few minutes, posting some photos really is a great way to sell your car here, and its free. Some people cannot chase links to sites that are categorized as "social networking" by their work security systems.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To 1970 Corvette Convertible Nos. Matching

Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
lytmup
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1974ta
ttt
I PM'd you yesterday.... would like to come out and take a look at it. Let me know if you didnt get my PM. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
thocar
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, I am Thomas from Germany and I am looking for a C3.

The car is not around the corner (about thousands of miles), so that I would like to see some pictures of the underbody.

Mail: c-t.ullrich@t-online.de

Greets Thomas
Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Hi Thomas,

I will try and get some under carriage pics. I know there are a lot of rusty C3s out there. This one is not one of them. I pulled the kick panels out when I gutted the interior and to replace the seals on the vent doors. Virtually no rust. All body mounts are perfectly rust free. When I pulled the windshield there was some scale so I removed the scale and used POR 15 to make sure it would never rust out.

I can absolutely guarantee the frame on this C3. There is no pitting and some very very minor scale. There is some very minor scale on the trailing arms now that I think about it. It has been really nice having a Texas car because all the bolts come right out! There is no rust even on the bolt going through the frame to attach the trailing arm.

If you are serious I would highly recommend a corvette expert be hired to provide you with a detailed report since you are so far away. That is what I did when I was searching for a 70 Convertible. I passed on a lot of cars because of rusty frames before I bought this one. Ironically I found this one about 60 miles from home.

I should probably shoot another video showing the underside.

Bill

Quick Reply: 1970 Corvette Convertible Nos. Matching